What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

J.R Torrey Co.
Caswell-Massey Regents
Rubberset
Miller Strop
Thayers
Clubman Pinaud
20200925_060353.jpg

experimental shave again today. will be seeing the Torrey quite frequently as i experiment with ark finishes. its wierd. DFS with BBS in some areas. passes HHT in two places. feels sharp but obviously not balsa sharp. comfortable and very forgiving. i got by with stuff this morning that wouldn't have flown with a balsa sharpened razor.

be well all.

camo

J.R Torrey Co.
Caswell-Massey Regents
Rubberset
Miller Strop
Thayers
Clubman Pinaud
View attachment 1159763
experimental shave again today. will be seeing the Torrey quite frequently as i experiment with ark finishes. its wierd. DFS with BBS in some areas. passes HHT in two places. feels sharp but obviously not balsa sharp. comfortable and very forgiving. i got by with stuff this morning that wouldn't have flown with a balsa sharpened razor.

be well all.
camo
I really like everything about that brush!

Slantember shave #23
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Lather & Wood Pre-Shave Oil Unscented
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.
Very mild AV report says close enough.

Rating: 9.8/10

Tried some new stuff today, as per advice.
Razor - Journeyman
Blade - Bluebeards
Cream - Proraso Green
Brush - Proraso Boar
A/S - Shavekit Aftershave Balm.

Third time shave after a two day growth because of disappointing second shave using DE Razors.
This time round was a lot better after great advice from the forum. Used 3 passes with a lighter lather and pleased with the Proraso Green. The blade seemed fine to my untrained face....and the new Razor is nice and heavy, so a light touch as per advice.
Just the one nick at the side of my mouth, but overall a smooth more comfortable shave.

Rating 9/10.
Prep0.jpg

View attachment 1159460
I got the M1 out this morning!

Razor: Schick M1 Dial Injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Rating 10

View attachment 1159461
Nice rifle, my late uncle (OSS WWII) taught me how to shoot one safely when I was a young teen.

Daily Shave: 25 September 2020

DSCF2264.JPG

Prep: Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Soap: Viking Clary Sage Scent, using rain water
Brush: Viking Badger
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Black Blade #2 / Shave #5
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Rating: 9.9 BBS A fantastic shave this morning with no stubble, weepers, or nicks.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR brushless shave soap Bay Rum scent
Soap: Captain's Choice Sandalwood
Brush: Parker Badger
Razor: EJ Chatsworth w/WCS handle (been swapping handles on this razor...experimenting.)
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Cat-o-Nine Tails

I still enjoy a shave with, what I consider to be, my first high-end razor. I paired it today with a new Derby Premium which worked well, DFS. Still emphasizing no pressure with four passes and minor touch up. I received two new soaps yesterday, both from Captain's Choice, Sandalwood and Bay Rum. Decided to use the Sandalwood this morning. Very pleasant scent and the usual superior performance that CC soaps bring to the table. All in all...a very nice, relaxed Friday morning shave.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Kit 20200925.jpg

Fri shave sink.jpg

Today’s soap is Art of Shaving Sandalwood soap: tallow formula. This soap has been in my rotation for several years now. The brush is a Uomo DaVinci 293 Silvertip. The razor is the Merkur 37C loaded with a Lord SC blade for a second shave. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Neutrogena Triple Protect ASB. The fragrance is Yves Saint Laurent. A wonderful shave. 10/10.

Tried some new stuff today, as per advice.
Razor - Journeyman
Blade - Bluebeards
Cream - Proraso Green
Brush - Proraso Boar
A/S - Shavekit Aftershave Balm.

Third time shave after a two day growth because of disappointing second shave using DE Razors.
This time round was a lot better after great advice from the forum. Used 3 passes with a lighter lather and pleased with the Proraso Green. The blade seemed fine to my untrained face....and the new Razor is nice and heavy, so a light touch as per advice.
Just the one nick at the side of my mouth, but overall a smooth more comfortable shave.

Rating 9/10.View attachment 1159784

Glad to see your progress. Very nice setup

Razor: Autostrop Valet VC1 (1922-1929?)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE - modified (2)
Brush: Simpsons: Special 1 Best Badger 20mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Le Père Lucien: Cedar-Patchouli
Aftershave: Chiseled Face -Ghost Town Barber

Additional Care:
Innisfree No-Sebum Face Powder
Henri et Victoria Absinthe (balm)
75D3002D-7BC9-4D15-9473-CE4C7B25B3C4.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.8/10
90 is the new 20 (rzr yrs)
Super clean, super close first pass. Lots of audible feedback from the razor. The blade is a modified and de-spined Personna PTFE thats only on its second shave so you know it’s going to be very agressive. BBS with a little bit of sting from the aftershave, but no lingering post shave problems. Nice close shave.

If you look at the picture you can see the blade is not hard against the stops exposing more comb than usual. I didn’t have the lever in the back pressed all the way down. I corrected that before my shave.
I was a bit disconcerted during my shave as I noticed the blade had a little bit of play allowing one side to shift backward a small amount. It didn’t seem to affect the shave but it did bother me. I don’t remember noticing this happening with my other VC1, so I’ll have to see if it also has some ”shift”. If so I’ll have to play around with my modification technique or stick to Feather blades in the Valet.

Safety First in all Aspects of Your Life

Pre: Cremo Cooling Formula
Razor: Timeless Ti 0.68SB
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Brush: Rudy Vey PJ white zebra with Muhle STF
Lather: Proraso green cream

9.5/10

First time using this new brush from Rudy - my first synthetic...very impressed with the results!

Attachments

• FC73C387-BCA1-4D9B-97D8-D408E3A4A762.jpeg
    FC73C387-BCA1-4D9B-97D8-D408E3A4A762.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Fri 15 Island SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice soap...creamy and slick lather with pleasant scent. Enjoyed creating it with the brush.
Shave with razor paired with blade was really nice. Sharp, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes without any issues. Very close shave. Good razor and good blade! Rating 9.8/10
20200925_141034.jpg

Pre-shave:- Pears Green
Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Brush:- Body Shop Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Cella Almond
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech Personna

Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Great shave, perfect razor blade and cream 10/10

Copy (2) of tt1.jpg

It is gonna be one of the last warm days for a while here according to the weather man and I saw some Stirling EDT I hadn't used in a while so grabbed some other things to make it work. I always look for a reason to grab Electric Sheep anyways.

Another fine shave from these items. Swapped razors and put day 4 on this blade. No real signs of quitting yet and sharp enough to irritate a spot i got careless with.

Overall great shave, no blood and the red was gone before I left the bathroom.

8.9/10

KM

PXL_20200925_113309694.jpg

Top Bottom