What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

C-Mon Blackie
WK Cuero Oscuro
Rubberset
Miller Strop
Thayers
Clubman Pinaud
20200924_060328.jpg

smooth & comfy shave this morn. figured out the issue with stone or more probably how I need to do things to get my desired results. over time the stone will receive more work but has arrived to good place.

be well all.

camo

Slantember shave #22
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Lather & Wood Pre-Shave Oil Unscented
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.
Mild AV report says close enough.

Rating: 9.8/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR brushless shave soap Bay Rum scent
Soap: Arko puck in red plastic container
Brush: Fendrihan Badger
Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70 w/Titanium Halo handle
Blade: Kai SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: PAA Club Guy

All good. Pulled Club Guy out and splashed it on.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

24-hour beard

'56 Gillette Red Tip/Rapira Swedish Supersteel blade (4)

Palmolive Classic cream

APShaveCo synth tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

A simple quick shave today: shower, a little Palmolive cream as a pre-shave, baking soda in the shave water, then face lathered and applied the Red Tip after my usual 3 minutes. One pass WTG on cheeks, lower lip, and throat; pass 2, ATG on throat, and done. It left me smooth and clean, but also feeling as though I wasted the Palmolive on a simple 2-pass shave. The lather it produces should really have gone on a longer, 3-pass plus cleanup shave. Verdict: 9.2.

Daily Shave: 24 September 2020

DSCF2262.JPG

Prep: Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Soap: Viking Clary Sage Scent, using rain water
Brush: Viking Badger
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Black Blade #2 / Shave #4
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Rating: 9.8 DFS+ A good shave, no significant stubble, nicks or weepers. Starting today, I will use the Clary Sage Scent till it is finished. The starting Viking pucks were small and should be used up quickly. I am doing this help me keep track of what I am using.

Thursday shave 1.jpg
Thursday’s shave is back to Tabac soap. Today I am using my Shavemac 177 Silvertip brush. This is one fine brush. The razor is a Karve SB with the D plate paired with a Wizamet blade for the second shave. Today’s aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. After my shower, some Yves Saint Laurent cologne.

An excellent 10/10 shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD. Thur, Sept 24 2020

Razor: British Rocket SS- Mfg 1950's N.D.Code- mild razor but still enjoyable to a lot of folks.
Blade: Kai SS- Excellent blade, .009"thousands wider for more blade exposure or feel+ sharp & smooth.
Soap: Razorock Irsh Countryside- mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm syn-excellent brush for making easy lather+cloud like soft tips with a some backbone.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG +pickups.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my British Rocket super speed razor.

DE SOTD, Thur, Sept 24th 2020, (Kai 3).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I have decided to not change up to much and roll day 3 with the old ball end tech and the Personna Red blade. Used Stirling's Duke for the soap/splash/EDT. A shot of WH after my rinse and again another DFS. Left a little feel only stubble but after a 3 pass shave I was 90% of the way to a BBS and I kinda left it at that.

Just another above average shave.

8.6/10

KM

PXL_20200924_113412460.PORTRAIT.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Splashed face with hot water, lathered TOBS sandalwood soap with a Kent BK4, scraped off the whiskers with two passes (W and X) of a Crystal on day two in an EJ DE89. Very smooth. Took a shower and splashed on 4711 cologne as aftershave. 9.5/10. Could have been a 10 with a third pass on the neck to make the under the jaw line as BBS as everything else, but in a fit of whimsey and independence I thought *** WXA.

;0)

Prep - Hot shower
Razor - Rockwell 6S, plate 5
Blade - Nacet (4)
Soap - Haslinger Sandelholz
Brush - Omega 10014? (the cheap wooden handled one sold in pharmacies. Great brush)
Afters - Alum, then Maol Grooming Frankenlime (Frosted)

Very smooth, relaxing shave. I keep neglecting the Haslinger for some reason, but it really is a superb performer.

9.8 / 10. Probably could call it 10, but I suspect it will be a 12 hour shave rather than the 14 - 15 I get with the R6 plate.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Prep: Noxema facial cleanser and Shave Secret pre shave oil
Blade: Feather
Razor: Muhle R41
Soap: Lather & Wood bay rum
Aftershave: Lather & Wood bay rum
3 pass: WTG XTG ATG

First time using a Feather blade. I have gone one day without shaving which I don't usually do. The Feather blade did *NOT* slice through my stubble like hot knife through butter, I have to tug a little all the way through. I'm guessing tomorrow will be a much better experience because I usually shave everyday. Lots of little weepers and a cut on my ingrown hair bump (that was actually expected) . A little abrasion on my chin. No razor burn. No nicks. No unexpected cuts. The Shave Secret is pretty slick so it was more difficult to stretch my skin. Next time I won't apply it to the high cheeks. Now that the shave is over and I've stopped bleeding my face feels good, zero irritation. If I ignore the bleeding it would probably be my best shave so far, but I'm going to say my overall experience using a Shark blade was more enjoyable just not quite as close.

👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom