What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

A rare nighttime shave today...

Razor 1: Gillette Super Blue
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)
Razor 2: Bic Flex 5 Hybrid (2)
Cream: Gillette Pure

I was lazy this morning but I knew I'd need a shave so my CPAP will seal at bedtime. No brush this evening, just hand-lathered cream. A smooth WTG pass with the DE followed by a rinse, relather, and ATG pass with the Bic. Would've been a nearly perfect shave except that I went back to chase a dark spot on my upper lip that turned out to be healing razor burn I'd managed to give myself sometime in the last week without knowing it and received a nick that required a little styptic liquid. Other than that, smooth and comfortable.

Rating: 9.0/10

RR GC .84 OC

Gillette

Proraso

Proraso

Good shaving, head and face 8,5/10

IMG_20200921_075707~2.jpg

Mon 21 Slantember SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen 1st use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade Wizamet Iridium Super #10 use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
1st use of soap. Scent off the tub was not strong but upon lathering wow!! Just a pea size in tye bowl turn into a lusciously thick, creamy and reasonably slick lather. The scent...waaaaaa! Not immediately in love...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still very nice. Smooth and comfortable 3+1 passes for between bbs to dfs result. Icy water rinse then waited to check post shave face feel....not bad. Soft and no irritation. Then apply Thayers and aftershaves. Face is nicely smooth and soft. 9.7 rating
1st impression on the soap...hmmm....
20200920_233249.jpg

20200921_112937.jpg

Slantember shave #19
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette 7O’Clock Super Stainless (Green) (4)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR brushless shave soap Bay Rum scent
Soap: Cell Extra Extra Bio
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Kai SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Crown Shaving Co. After Shave Tonic

Wonderful shave this morning from the mild Mamba 70. No blood. DFS/BBS. I was impressed with the Cella Extra Extra Bio. I must have dialed it in perfectly. It was like...a dream! Hadn't used the Crown Shaving Company's tonic recently. Smells very nice.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200921.jpg

Daily Shave: 21 September 2020

DSCF2258.JPG

Prep
Dial Liquid Soap facewash
Razor
Viking Chieftain
Blade
Gillette 7 O’clock Black Blade #2 / Shave #1
Brush
Viking Badger
Passes
2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap
Viking Bay Rum, using rain water
Rating: 9.0 DFS Nice 1st shave with a new blade. Usual break-in nicks and weepers, but no stubble at all. I hope to harvest lots of rain water for shaving today with storms coming into our area of Texas from Beta.

JCarr

Because I can't leave well enough alone I grabbed a bit more aggressive razor and I ended up with a bit tougher shave. Some irritation. The choice for tomorrow is to toss it in the tech or bin the 3 use blade.

I also have never used WH, splash and then Clubman before and figured this Sunday seemed like a good time to try it. It made my face feel very healthy post shave an hour or two. Just thought it was interesting as it sure seems like I was constantly putting something in my face.

Overall a less then stellar shave but they can't all be bangers.

7.2/10

KM

View attachment 1157620

Nice setup nevertheless!

JCarr

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser
- Clinique for Men Face Scrub
- Nuage for men Menthol Pre-Shave Oil
- La Toja shave stick

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
- Scottish Fine Soaps Thistle and Black Pepper aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (1)
- Omega Pro 50014

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Birthday and holiday shave today. First time shaving with my La Toja stick and had a great shave with it. It lathered easily and provided a slick, cushioned and comfortable shave with no irritation or feedback from the Alum Block. It was also my first time using the Kiels face serum (trying a sample) as well and between the La Toja, Kiehls and Scottish Fine Soaps balm my skin has felt nice and soft all day.

Happy Birthday!

Mond Shave border.jpg

Monday is the start of the week and the start of using two different soaps. Today’s soap is Art of Shaving Sandalwood soap: tallow formula. This soap has been in my rotation for several years now. The razor is the Merkur 37C with a Lord SC blade for the first shave. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. After a shower the fragrance is TOBS Sandalwood. A Great shave.

Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Soap: AoS Sandalwood
Brush: Synthetic
Razor: Gillette NEW Long Comb
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless (5)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva

A few weepers but they were my bad. Had a better lather than yesterday for the first 2 passes, but it started deteriorating on the third pass. Still a great shave though. I still feel like it would have been better if I used my other soaps/creams. I'm not giving up on AoS though.

8/10

Thiers-Issard
D. R. Harris Windsor
Rubberset
Miller Heirloom Strop
Thayers
Clubman Pinaud

20200921_095109.jpg

took another Monday off. continuing to break in the Semogue knot i put in the rubberset. the stone which I will call 'walk in the clouds' will arrive today ahead of schedule which pleases me highly. continuing with cross comparing finishes....but believe my mind is made up. as with most things in life........compromises.

be well all.

camo

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Sept 21st 2020

Razor: Micromatic open comb(bumps)-MFG 1930-2 bumbless,1932-41 bump shims, excellent mid range.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) Excellent blade, longevity, very sharp, smooths out over # shaves, predictable......
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- very excellent soap for protection with a mild scent of bayrum.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm syn with black marble handle - It just feels great in my hand + cloud like soft tips :001_wub: .
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor(Adventis)with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my MMOC.

MMMonday, Sept 21st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

From last night.

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 9.2/10 - Had a few weepers. Still not sure about the Polsilver blades. Will give them a few more shaves to see if we can get along.

Top Bottom