What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Blackland Blackbird sb
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Zingari Man - The Explorer
Rating: 9.8/10

One tiny weeper but apart from that a very close shave. This is the fifth different blade I've used in the Blackbird since I got it and they've all performed perfectly. It doesn't seem to be blade sensitive at all. If I had to choose a favourite so far then it would be the BIC by a small margin, still got lots of others to try though.
IMG_20200919_175912.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Saturday morning shave

Razor: Feather AC
Blade: Feather Proguard (1)
Brush: Boar
Soap: Tabac

Haven’t missed a days shave in over 6 months...since yesterday. Using the Feather on two days growth was effortless. The scent of Tabac seems to be polarizing, I find it a fresh, clean soapy smell, very pleasant. Missed Clubman Friday due to work obligations, so better late than never. A very smooth shave with a new blade and great post shave feel from the Tabac. Happy Saturday!
38164682-2104-42F2-9898-54DB79C638BF.jpeg

9/10

Razor: Timeless Ti .68SB
Blade: Nacet
Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Glycerin Soap face wash, Crown Pre Shave
Brush: Stirling Two Band Synthetic
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Sandalwood AS

Excellent 10/10 shave. Two Pass BBS shave, no irritation, no weepers or nicks/cuts.

New Soap!!!
So I broke out another soap and while the performance was again right on point I am not a fan of the scent. And after rereading it, it smells EXACTLY like it says so if that is what your looking for, this is your go to. My better half has stated she is not a fan, at all.

Days two on the blade. This blade makes me wonder sometime if it is even in there then if my angle is off, it reminds me that it is. First go round with the unscented splash. It did what it was purchased for so that is cool.

Always enjoy using this @Graydog handled brush. It is the brush in my limited rotation that has what I believe is considered backbone. It doesn't splay unless I start at my chin. But it is the softest brush also. And creates fluffy larger as fast as a badger. My brushes all have their own attitudes.

Because I got lazy I will knock the score some, no issue from the supplies though.

7.8/10

KM

IMG_20200919_083244.jpg

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Knurled Handle
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Green shaving cream
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Sixth shave with this new acquisition.

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very, very close and very, very pleasant shave.
BBS result.

Rating: 10/10

My Saturday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower w/ a little conditioner on my whiskers​
One pass shave w/ touch-up​
Razor: Buck 39 Salient SR (First time using!)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Green #23/30 w/ Shavemac Finest 22mm​
Soap: Proraso Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin​
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Balm, Cypress & Vetyver​

Rating: 10/10 DFS! One minuscule nick noticed after the fact. No irritation.

• First time using this razor - nothing but pleased!
    • Shave ready out of the box. I did not strop or do anything beforehand, except wiping it off with isopropyl alcohol. YMMV...
    • It is the heaviest razor that I have. Took a little getting used to, but very natural to use.
  • After a long day-trip yesterday and choirs including mowing today, I was not feeling doing more than the one pass.
  • Excellent shave for a one-pass-shave! I got around my trouble areas very well today
proxy.php

Last edited:
My Saturday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower w/ a little conditioner on my whiskers​
One pass shave w/ touch-up​
Razor: Buck 39 Salient SR (First time using!)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Green #23/30 w/ Shavemac Finest 22mm​
Soap: Proraso Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin​
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Balm, Cypress & Vetyver​

Rating: 10/10 DFS! One minuscule nick noticed after the fact. No irritation.

• First time using this razor - nothing but pleased!
    • Shave ready out of the box. I did not strop or do anything beforehand, except wiping it off with isopropyl alcohol.
    • It is the heaviest razor that I have. Took a little getting used to, but very natural to use.
  • After a long day-trip yesterday and choirs including mowing today, I was not feeling doing more than the one pass.
  • Excellent shave for a one-pass-shave! I got around my trouble areas very well today
proxy.php

interesting razor!!!! happen to know what size it is ? 6/8?

thanks

camo

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20200919_203420~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale :001_wub:
Blade: Bolzano (4)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (IBO) (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Fragrance: Shades Of Blue For Men EdT Spray (Belcam Version Of Light Blue Pour Homme)

WTG,ATG,XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Outstanding shave! :)

Last edited:
Sunday Shave - A “mantastic” DFS++ shave with good old “OLD SPICE” - 9.5/10

Will you all believe me if I say I had never shaved before with Old Spice Shaving Cream! Does this make me sound like a fool and is forcing you to think how could a man in 37 years of his life time did not use such an iconic brand for shaving! Well I used their EDT, Shower Gel but yes I had never used an Old Spice shaving cream before and it makes me realise today after my shave that I was really a fool not to use it for so long. I mean there was no specific reason not to use, mostly I used to end up picking a Gillette shave cream or a Godrej (another beauty Indians will swear by like Old Spice) for no specific reason.
Hence when I went to the Supermarket yesterday I made a point to pick up 2 Old Spice shaving cream tubes - one the original fragrance and the other one the lime one! Used the original shaving cream today.

Pre Shave - Face wash using Truefitt & Hill No. 10 face scrub along with Warm water
Brush - Hajamat Ashwood Handle synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Old Spice “Original” fragrance Shaving Cream
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum on 1st use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Pink Woolf Oudh and Sandalwood Aftershave Balm

The shaving cream is really nice apart from being pocket friendly. Creates excellent lather with great slickness and the smell took me back to my childhood days when my father used to use this cream while shaving. Very nostalgic fragrance. On face lathering created sufficient lather for the 2 pass shave I did today.

The Astra SPs on first use with a mild razor always performs great. First pass was WTG and 2nd was ATG and post it did not feel like doing anything and stopped right there. The result is a DFS++ which is a tad below BBS. No weepers, cuts, nicks or redness on skin.

The alum did not give any significant feedback. Ended the great shave with a generous dollop of the aftershave whose Oudh & Sandalwood fragrance actually takes you to a state of trance! Amazing fragrance must say whilst the balm also made the face feel soft and supple.

Next shave is due tomorrow.

Thank you 🙏🏽 and wishing all a great Sunday ahead.

03801BE1-5782-473B-8A30-1F9A3EB280E3.jpeg
6C838FB1-A41F-4DDE-B029-98D6C63DDD61.jpeg
929E52F9-6A5A-49B2-AE0E-F8B9DF3AD116.jpeg

Daily Shave: 20 September 2020

DSCF2256.JPG

Prep
Dial Liquid Soap facewash
Razor
Viking Chieftain
Blade
Gillette 7 O’clock Black Blade #1 / Shave #4, and out
Brush
Viking Badger
Passes
2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap
Viking Sandal Wood, using rain water
Viking Shave balm and then Aqua Velva Mus
Rating: 8.5 CCS A basic shave with a dulling blade.

Slantember shave #18
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette 7O’Clock Super Stainless (Green) (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

Sun 20 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Nivea Sensitive Balm
Starting to appreciate this soap. Surprisingly nice and lasting scent well past 3hrs. Creamy and slick too.
Shave with razor paired with blade was smooth & comfortable at setting 9 & 7. 3+1 passes for a bbs to dfs result.
Post & aftershave was soothing.
Good, clean shave 9.5/10
20200920_010643.jpg

20200920_114826.jpg

Sun Shave white.jpg

Sunday’s shave is once again with Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife soap. Next week I will be using different soaps all week. I am using a Paladin PK47 brush. The razor is a Karve SB with the D plate loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade for the first shave. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and L’Occitane ASB. After a shower, some Jimmy Choo Man Intense fragrance. Great 10/10 shave.

Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Soap: AoS Sandalwood
Brush: Synthetic
Razor: Gillette NEW Long Comb
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless
Aftershave: Aqua Velva

Better lather quality this morning. Getting less and less timid on the amount of water I'm adding. Decent shave, but not my favorite post-shave feel. Unsure if it's because the air is starting to dry up though. It's in the 50s this morning.

8/10

Top Bottom