What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Friday SOTD - A 2 pass smooth BBS! 9.95/10

Pre Shave
- Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Pre Shave Oil
Brush - Trigodon Tuxedo Knot synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol Shaving Cream
Razor - Parker Variant
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword on 4th use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash (no alum today)
Aftershave - Davidoff Cool Water aftershave balm

So went old school today & rather than doing 3 passes and touch up reverted to trusted 2 pass and touch up route I used to do for last so many to check if that minimises the weepers and Damn! Got a fantastic BBS with just one weeper in the neckline that too very minor one!

The brush is my favourite one among the collection of brushes I possess! This one creates great lather with all shaving creams irrespective of face or bowl lathering. Did a face lathering today. First pass was WTG and 2nd pass was ATG. The India made Wilkinson Swords are one of the top 3 blades that perform really well on any razor. Dialled a scale of 2.5 for the first passes on the razor and mellowed it down to 1.5 for the 2nd pass.

The result is a fantastic BBS, the kind of shave I aspire to get day after day! Definitely a 9.95/10 today.

Next shave is due on Sunday. Thank you 🙏🏽

78F0F2C0-077A-4CD2-B259-114D539505BE.jpeg
1FD35947-F903-4E15-A1E5-B111D6357BC6.jpeg
7DD6DC9D-1E28-4EB1-BDC6-6B515092EBF4.jpeg

Fri 18 Slantember SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk BayRum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Brush Parker Semi Slant
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR Bootlegged
Another CC soap which is truly remarkable! In my humble opinion, underated. Direct load from puck and face lathering with the excellent soft brush produces a beautiful creamy and slick lather. Only thing for me is the less than mild scent.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very enjoyable today. Sharp but ohh so smooth. Very comfortable for 3 passes with result so smooth & close like glass except the usual spots...bbs to dfs. Post and aftershave was excellent too. Bootlegged VIBR very nice...Rating 9.8/10
20200917_195501.jpg

20200918_093446.jpg

9/10. Enjoying the Karve. Little to no irritation, and no nicks which is not common for me yet!

Pre: Shower, Stirling Coniferous pre-shave oil with added eucalyptus and lavender essential oils.
Brush: RR Chrome tip
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Karve brass, b plate
Blade: Astra SP (2)
74AB78FB-5939-4447-9D03-2A988686C6D6.jpeg

Daily Shave: 18 September 2020

DSCF2254.JPG

Prep
: Dial Liquid Soap face wash Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Viking Badger
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Black #1 / #2 (First ever shave with this blade brand)
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Viking Clary Sage Scent, using rain water.
Rating: 9.8 DFS+ Nice shave with no stubble, 1 tiny nick, but no weepers. Off to fasting medical scan(s) this morning. Stop for a 'big' breakfast, errands, mow backyard.

Slantember shave #16
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette 7O’Clock Super Stainless (Green)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming High Seas
Brush: Fendrihan Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Charcoal Goods SS LvL2 w/CG brass torpedo handle
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Lustray Spice - for Clubman Friday!

DFS/BBS! I let the razor and blade do all of the work...no pressure applied. Clean, smooth and bloodless! It does happen on occassion. Great shave! High Seas is a great scent, aquatic...feel the cold water splash your face on deck! BSG soaps are very good in my opinion, YMMV, good lather and protection. Very easy to lather.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Kit 20200918.jpg

My Friday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower w/ a little conditioner on my whiskers​
One-and-a-half shave: WTG, XTG/ATG​
Razor: Karve 3-1/2" Brass Handle, OC Plate B​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Rudy Vey w/ Synbad Synthetic​
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​

Rating: 8.8/10 Nice shave overall. A couple of weepers and minimal irritation

• A quick shave, as we are leaving on a day trip
  • First time using this plate. I need to learn to take it easy using open comb razors. I always tend to end up with weepers.

NEW BLADE ALERT!!!!​

I popped one of these bad boys into a black handled Gillette SS. I am a fan of using this razor for any new blades as it is pretty mild. Today for me, this blade felt super smooth. At times it almost felt like maybe the blade wasn't in there but after I would rinse the blade in the sink and see tiny whiskers floating in the lather. No irritation.

The lather, splash and edt are/were great in their jobs and the scent is my go to. The brush is always a joy to use and the witch hazel just makes my face feel calmed weather I need it or not.

A very nice shave and the score will reflect it.

9.2/10

KM

IMG_20200918_063153.jpg

Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Soap: AoS Sandalwood
Brush: Cheap synthetic
Razor: Gillette NEW Long Comb w/ Fat handle
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (2)
Aftershave: Clubman

First DE shave in almost 2 weeks. I missed the feedback of the Gem, but man, I didn't realize how smooth the Long Comb shaves. At times I wasn't sure if it was even cutting anything, but ended up with a DFS. Ended up with a little bit of irritation in the mustache area but I figured I'd need a shave to get used to DE again.

Good start to my 1 day off this week.

Top Bottom