What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

IMG_2958.JPG

9.9/10
Razor/Blade: GEM Junior baton handle/Gem SS PTFE
Soap: B&M Lavanille
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
AS: Lucky Tiger

24-hour beard

1930s Gillette NEW Short Comb, Rapira blade (2)

Mix of Stirling Noir and Bay Rum soaps

APShaveCo synthtic brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

My schedule is shot thanks to my employer closing for the threat of Hurricane Sally, so, 24-hour beard today just as yesterday. Shower, a little Stirling mix as a pre-shave, then one pass WTG on cheeks and lower lip, 2 (WTG and ATG) on throat. Not BBS, but very close and nice. Verdict: 9.5.

Soap: Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Gem Stainless (8)
Aftershave: Old Spice

Quick 3 passer due to a time constraint. Minute nick on my adams apple but it went away between passes. VERY slight difference in closeness this shave, and I'm unsure if it's the blade or the fact that I rushed this morning, but face feels great and didn't feel an aftershave burn. Very nice.

9/10

Wed shave towel.jpg

Well, it’s Wednesday. Today’s shave is once again with Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife soap. It is amazing how long this little puck lasts. I am using a Chubby II brush in Best. The brush is almost as big as the soap tin. The razor is a Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.05 razor loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade for the 6th shave. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. After a shower, some Yves Saint Laurent fragrance.

A non-event shave. Perfect 10.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Facial Scrub
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- Meißner Tremonia Pink Grapefruit soap (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Gillette 1958 TV Special Super Speed
- Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 8/10
My first time using any Meißner Tremonia soaps and it impressed. In terms of "battle of the grapefruit" with my TOBS sample last week, its hard to tell after one shave, but scent wise TOBS wins. Meißner Tremonia has a nice subtle scent but it doesn't really smell of pink grapefruit. I've read a review that said it has eucalyptus in it which comes through and that might be what it is.
Performance wise, it lathered easily and gave a nice slick, cushioned, stable lather. Residual slickness was good as well, and it left my skin with a nice post shave feel. I have it ahead of TOBS on performance so far but we will see how it shaves the rest of the week!
Another pleasant shave with this razor and blade combination as well, no nicks or irritation and minimal feedback from the alum block.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wed,Sept 16th, 2020

Razor: Eveready 1914, (Aka, little lather catcher)- Mfg 1914-17, mid range, excellent razor, love the audio feedback.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) excellent blade, great longevity,smoothness later on, verrry sharp, great cost per shave.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- Great scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Cashmere 24mm synthetic- use it daily for brush washing my face with CeraVe hand soap, Excellent brush
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my ER 1914 LLC.

SE SOTD, Wed, Sep 16th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

1600265742117.jpeg

Brush: Elite Razor 24mm Manchurian/ Whipped Dog Luna Handle
Soap: B&M Reserve Cool
Razor: Jagger DE89 Head/ Signature Shave Co. handle
Blade: Personna Med Prep

9/10: Excellent closeness and post-shave feel. I just don’t think I am a fan of the DE89 head. There’s something about it that’s just too angular (the guard?) and not enjoyable, even if it can yield solid results. Too bad, because I find this combo visually attractive.

Pre-shave:- Imperial Leather
Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Brush:- Simpsons Badger

Soap/Cream:- Palmolive Shave Stick

Razor/Blade:- Parker 96R and Derby Extra
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Not so good, the Simpsons brush is way too floppy, no backbone, just splays out, my most expensove brush and to be honest I wish I had bought anything else 6/10

22.jpg

Sept. 16, 2020 - Spearhead Wednesday

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Jefferson The Fae - B9B
Razor: Gillette RFB Tech
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Lather: Spearhead Experimental 20.1A
Post Shave: Declaration Grooming - Sellout - Aftershave

Didn't have much time this morning so I decided to use the Spearhead soap I have. Really lathers up quickly and really doesn't need a whole lot of load time to develop a thick lather. This is good stuff. I sometimes get a little tingling sensation from one of the frag ingredients but not today. Really like this scent. For those who have not tried this soap, Spearhead will be releasing a couple new soaps in Oct.

RFB going strong - I think I still prefer the solid bar over the open comb but overall no issues with the razor.

Busy Wednesday here - have a good one all!

Going to rate this one an 8.5/10.

proxy.php

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Simpson's Luxury Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten
PSX_20200915_082401.jpg

9/10. First shave with a Karve Brass. Really enjoyed it, probably one of the most satisfying first shaves I've had. I think we'll have a bright future together. Still struggling with nicks though, I'm hoping that just comes in time. However, closest thing I've had to a BSS since starting DE.

Pre: Shower, Proraso green pre-shave (first time with the Proraso. Not sure I dug the intense Menthol)
Brush: Viking White Knight
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Razor: Karve Brass, B Plate
Blade: Astra SP (1)

IMG_7520.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Wednesday morning shave

Razor: Ball End Tech
Blade: Astra Sp
Brush: Badger
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Forgot how ultra smooth this razor and blade combo is. Paired with TOBS it was just a great shave. After shave is subtle and fades just enough. Happy hump day!
38A42226-8A67-4A53-AB70-2A155BAF943E.jpeg

9/10

Top Bottom