What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Tuesday morning shave

Razor: Feather AC
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Omega cream
A better shave today. Omega cream offers a nice ride, mild menthol kiss (if you like that sort of thing). I prefer my menthol to be bold, but it’s a great value cream IMHO. Still dialling in the razor, can’t fall asleep at the wheel.
91242C79-B87E-4254-BBC8-34165E868DC3.jpeg

9/10

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You are right, What I do with any razor that gives me a little grief when threading handle into a head is turn counter clockwise until I feel the start of the thread and then turn clock wise and 95% of the time handle will find the start of thread properly.
I have threaded my RR German 37 slant many times and there is a little trouble once in a while like a lot of my 3 pc razors.
Yeah, I did that for awhile, then I started working for the Secret Service and could get called away to save the world at the drop of a hat so I can't be bothered with such trivial matters anymore. True story!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Yeah, I did that for awhile, then I started working for the Secret Service and could get called away to save the world at the drop of a hat so I can't be bothered with such trivial matters anymore. True story!

How was the pay?

SEptember shave 8
Received my first badger brush today. Bought 2 from a sale 3 weeks ago. This is a super badger and the other I didnt received is a 2 band silvertip. The biggest surprise wasnt the scent but how much water that thing held. When I squeezed the brush on third pass to get remaining lather a lot of water came from the middle. It was also more scritchy that I expected but this was the first use so Idk if that change over time. Use Arko to kill scent. I'm eager to see it once it blooms.
Razor : Supply single edge v2
Brush : DS 26mm super badger
PS : Col conk original oil
Soap : Arko
Cold rinse and Thayers witch Hazel
AS : Striling Baker Street ( It's the AS I get the most stinging from.
Ended with a perfect shave like I usually get from Arko.
10/10
IMG_20200915_180606.jpg

My Tuesay Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower w/ a little conditioner on my whiskers​
Two and a half pass shave: WTG, XTG/ATG​
Razor: Karve 3-1/2" Brass Handle, SB Plate D​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: WSP The "Duchess" White in Silvertip​
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Balm, Cypress & Vetyver​
Rating: 10/10 DFS! BBS! No nicks! No irritation!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Razor: iKon B1 Deluxe
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (0)
Brush: Maggard Timberwolf
Lather: Speick
Result: 10/10

The 80mm bulldog handle was much easier to control than the OSS, but not as assured as the RR HD. Still, this is a great handle and match for this head, so it stays.

The iKon requires a slightly steeper angle of attack than the JAWS, much like the New LC. I need to get used to it, along with the bulldog handle, and I’ll be just rosy. It’s incredibly smooth and efficient once dialed in, much more so than the JAWS which is not very comfortable on my chin or around my mouth. My chin was never irritated in the slightest, and my mouth is as smooth as ever, watch out ladies.

I used a little more Speick (and a lot more water) and got 2 beautiful passes / touch-ups-worth for my efforts. The Speick feels much nicer, rinses cleaner, and is more neutral post-shave compared to the Tabac, trading off a small amount of slickness for the added benefits, and fine by me. I was under-loading the Speick recently which led me to believe this soap has slickness issues, which is does not, especially coupled with a milder razor. It protected me very well and allowed me to get very close. The previous blemish exhibited zero pain, no blood, and minimal redness. Most excellent of shave days!

IMG_0017.jpeg

Razor: 1973 (Q2) Black Handle Super Speed (birth year/quarter)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (9)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T with synthetic knot
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts "Carpathia"
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts "Carpathia"
Rating: 8.7/10 - Early mornings, busy afternoons, and post-dinner workouts required my second night shave this week (I almost always shave in the morning). Tonight was a bad combo of a blade that needed to be replaced and my face still sensitive from my swim workout. Got 2-3 small nicks.

Wed 16 SOTD using a new found blade...
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Game Changer.84 SB
Blade Starke Premium (German) 1st Use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
The soap is truly remarkable. 20sec direct load and face lathering with the excellent brush. Nice nice scent, good creamy lather with excellent slickeness too...
Shave with razor paired with this new found blade was actually very nice. Initial stroke was smooth...can feel it is sharpish...
generally smooth and comfortable. The best test of a good blade is during atg, at 2 areas...just under the jawline and upper lips. Shave at both area was crisp and smooth. After a 3+1 pass...result was good. Between BBS to DFS. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and AV Musk
Somehow there's 2 weepers...dang! Still a very good shave. Rating 9/10
20200916_003411.jpg

20200916_075527.jpg

Razor: Fatip Grande OC
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Two Band
Soap: MdC Agrumes

WTG=> XTG=> DFS 9.4/10.0

It seems Astra SP is not a keeper for me :sad: like Feather or BIC or Wilkinson or Crystal +Super Platinum....
I tried this blade, I insisted on using it, left it for two months, used it again, but it is not for me. Maybe in a year ...

Razor: Blackland Blackbird sb
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Brush: Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Zingari Man - The Explorer
Rating: 9.5/10

I've knocked half a point off because I gave myself a couple of weepers, they were totally down to the operator and not the equipment though. First use of the BIC in the Blackbird and from a closeness point of view - Wow!
If I was marking the shave only on closeness and lack of irritation with this razor and blade I'd give it eleven...

Wednesday’s shave - A BBS with a few minuscule weepers! 9/10

Pre Shave - Warm water splash on face
Brush - Pearl imitation ivory handle synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Bowl - Supply marble lathering bowl
Razor - Pearl TTO
Blade - Parker Premium Platinum on 4th use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash (no alum today)
Aftershave - Axe ultra smooth aftershave balm

Did a 3 pass shave today. Did bowl lathering after a long time and the cream really lathers well and produces voluminous lather. There are a few people who complain that TOBS sandalwood makes the face dry but I have not witnessed anything like this yet. The post shaved skin feels really moisturised.

The 1st & 2nd pass worked like dream. The 3rd pass was good though yet the quest of achieving BBS left 3-4 very minuscule weepers in the chin area and neckline. There was no bleeding rather only redness and hence did not apply alum today. The aftershave really made the face soft and moisturised while the alluring fragrance is keeping me in high spirits amidst work!

So a 9/10 shave today. Next shave is due on Friday!

Thank you 🙏🏽

0E4DB5BA-1887-4AE0-991A-F1685E71DB8A.jpeg
556A9681-BD94-4BC0-BD83-9360767A5A57.jpeg

Slantember shave #14
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Very pleasant shave.
Low alum report. Even lower Aqua Velva report.

Rating: 9.8/10

Semogue 1250 boar
Stone Cottage Fougere
Pre-war Canadian Tech
Personna Red (4)
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Face lathering with the SC soap has been providing less than wonderful results.
Yesterday, I grated the puck into a mug (along with a small amount of Williams). This morning, I mug lathered the soap with the Semogue boar. This yielded much better performance than previous attempts. :thumbup:

9.0/10

Daily Shave: 16 September 2020

DSCF2250.JPG

Prep: Dial Liquid Soap face wash Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Viking Badger
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow #5 / #5 and out (Last of the Yellows)
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Viking Bay Rum, using rain water.
Rating: 8.5 CAS A acceptable shave with a dull blade. Lots of stubble—buffed off—and a few weepers, but no nicks. On to the 7 O’clock Black Blades tomorrow.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming Shipwreck Cove
Brush: Fendrihan Badger
Razor: Timeless SS .68 w/scalloped head & base
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Land Ho!

Timeless shined this morning. Bloodless. One of my favorite soap producers, Black Ship Grooming...Shipwreck Cove is a straight Aquatic scent, smelled great throughout the shave. Lathers quickly and abundantly and paints on very easily. Captain's Choice Land Ho! to top it off. I find CC Land Ho! to be a decent match for a number of scented soaps in my collection. The Gillette 7OC SP is a winner blade for me...YMMV. Glad I bought 100 of em. Looks like Squiggy found a shipwreck of his own!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200916.jpg

Top Bottom