What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

-Noxzema Classic face wash
-Arko stick
-Burmashave boar brush
-Gillette Knack
-Gillette-Wilkinson blade (China) 3rd use
-Skin Bracer after shave splash
-Afta after shave lotion

7, some irritation in usual neck area (pinwheel hair growth) and nicked my lip

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20200912_193954~2.jpg

Razor: Maggard Slant (Ikon SE 90mm handle)
Blade: Silver Star (4)
Brush: Shavemac 23mm Silvertip
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: @OkieStubble Bootlegger's El Dorado

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS+ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Nice shave. :)

Nice shave! :)

Sun 13 SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette 1920 Single Ring
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Superr Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Excellent lather from the evergreen soap. Thick creamy with nice scent and cooling sensation. Slickness was ok.
Shave with razor paired with blade was ooohhhh so smooth. Sharply efficient but very comfortable ...never so before.
Possibly due to taking the time to aligning the blade correctly. Wonderful 3+1 passes with BBS results! No weepers. Cooling postshave followed by soothing aftershave. Rating 9.8/10!
20200913_002000.jpg

20200913_121403.jpg

Sunday Shave - A “retro” cartridge razor 🪒 DFS shave - 9/10

I time travelled back to 90’s and early 2000’s with a good 2 pass cartridge razor shave + a touch up using a DE razor. The result - a DFS shave scoring a 9/10!

Pre Shave - Face wash using Mama Earth face wash with charcoal & walnut extracts along with Warm water
Brush - Edwin Jagger imitation Tortoise Shell handle synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Hawkins & Brimble Shaving Cream
Razor - Gillette Sensor Excel (for shave) & Parker 89R for final touch up
Blade - Gillette Sensor/Vector 3 on Sensor Excel & Astra SP on 6th use loaded on 89R
Post Shave - Running cold water splash (No alum today)
Aftershave - Hawkins & Brimble Aftershave Balm

I was cleaning my shaving den and then I got this Gillette Sensor Excel razor which is made in 2000 in Spain and was bought by me 3 years back. Those days I used to use this during travel and also for the 2nd pass after doing my first pass with a DE razor and then again using the DE razor post 2nd pass for a touch up.

Felt like using it today. Alas, did not have a sensor excel blade and hence had to go ahead with a sensor/ vector 3 (as they are called in India) cartridge. These cartridges are cheaper and the blade quality is comprised a bit hence though they do not give you the perfection of sensor excel blades, still give you 4-5 good 2 pass shaves per blade!

Post 2 passes with sensor excel did a touch up with my Parker 89R loaded with a used Astra Green. This used to be my shaving regime for the longest part of me life so far. I always used a DE razor for sizing the sideburns and for the touch ups even during the phase where I used to use multiblade cartridges!

The Hawkins & Brimble Aftershave had arrived today only and hence felt like pairing with the shaving cream. The fragrance is similar barbershop 💈 like but the aftershave has a milder fragrance than the shaving cream. This is good stuff, the fragrance stays for long without being overwhelming at all and the balm makes your face feel moisturised without making it oily while soothing the face at the same time.

Next shave is due tomorrow as I am changing my shaving regimen back to old cycle (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Friday).

Thank you 🙏🏽 and have a great Sunday ahead!

D63C10F5-0A8E-4FCB-B6F7-211CF65037C3.jpeg
B2648768-5FC5-475A-987C-F211C48ED3F4.jpeg
F7C004B1-3BF1-47F0-92D9-349B897F550B.jpeg
40EA1D92-2AD5-4E1B-A38A-99E1E6E8CB71.jpeg

Daily Shave: 13 September 2020

DSCF2247.JPG

Prep: Dial Liquid Soap face wash Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow #5 / #2
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Viking Clary Sage in the Container Store tin, using rain water.
Rating: 10.0 BBS A nice shave, with no nicks, weepers, or stubble, to start today’s errand running agenda. By ‘request’ I will go shopping with the LOTH to find a new bedspread—I have an item on the shopping agenda for my shave den. My most onerous chore is mowing the backyard.

Filarmonica DT 13
D.R. Harris Windsor
Simpson 46b Berkeley
Miller Strop
Thayers
Clubman Pinaud

20200913_081217.jpg

not too shabby for a Sunday.

finally caught a picture capturing some of the gold print on the blade. despite the picture, its all there.......but faint and hard to capture.

be well all.

camo

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Captain's Choice Lime (from a sample)
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Kai SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Gabels Drops of Lime

Decent Sunday morning shave. The Mamba is such a mild razor...I find myself pulling back from applying pressure, especially on the cross grain on my neck. Nevertheless, beautiful piece that can get the job done. Decided to start using up a small stash of sample soaps I'd received from past software orders from various vendors. The Captain's Choice Lime caught my eye. Provided a very good lather and plenty of protection as do all of the Captain's Choice soaps and creams I have. Scent is nice, but wouldn't go out of my way to get it. I paired a straight lime scented splash to go with it. Thayers witch hazel coconut water scent puts the lime with the coconut. I used an Omega Alum Block on my face also...very little if any feedback. Wasn't sure what to expect as this was the first time I'd ever used alum block...but...no stinging.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Have a blessed Sunday.

Kit 20200913.jpg

Sund shave 1.jpg
Sunday’s shave is with GD Magnolia soap. The brush today is Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest. The razor is a Gillette Tech loaded with a GSB blade. Today I did a three-pass shave with touchups. The shave was very good. I really like this razor. Although it is on the mild side, I get a BBS shave every time I use it. The aftershave today was my usual Thayers Rose Petal WH along with some Neutrogena Triple Protect. This ASB may be in a small package but it lasts a long time. After a shower, some Yves Saint Laurent cologne.

A perfect 10 shave.

1600008657440.jpeg

Brush: Elite Razor HMW 28mm
Soap: Stirling Island Man
Razor: Rockwell 6C, R2
Blade: Gillette Swede
AS: Stirling Island Man

9/10: Stellar shave and result, but Island Man and its aftershave don’t quite leave my skin at the level of some others.

Hail to the Washington Football Team

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Pre: hot water
Soap: TOBS sandalwood
Brush: Kent BK4
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: fresh Personna Israeli red
hot shower
After shave: Guerlain Vetiver EDT splashed on as an after shave

7 out of 10. Lots of new blade pulling and need for more passes. Still not perfect, but the Vetiver was redeeming. I love it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Sept 13th 2020

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72 Excellent Schick injector, I always get good shaves with this one.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (2) very sharp, good longevity, I use this blade in a lot of my Schick injectors. :thumbsup:
Folks knock this blade sometimes for the blade magazine or smoothness. Use light touch and shaves become Stellar.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore- One of my best soaps for scent and lather qualities. Very nice protection!
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- Excellent brush for creating lather & cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on bead area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + witch hazel +a small dollop of Avon True Gent balm :001_wub: .
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3.

Sunday Schick shave, Sept 13th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay & think safe in these times.

Pre Shave: Hot shower with moisturizing face scrub
Razor: Post war Tech
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Lather: VDH Deluxe / Cremo mix
Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive Balm / Avon True Gent Balm mix

9/10 My first time using post war Tech. I think I like it better than my pre war Tech. I may just be zeroing in on the optimal angle for this razor compared to my 34C.

IMG_20200912_133826228.jpg

Razor: Gillette Super Blue
Blade: King C. Gillette (1)
Cream: Gillette Pure
Brush: RazoRock BC Plissoft synthetic

Much better shave today than the last outing with this razor. My technique is still a little off for some reason, but it was an easy, drama-free DFS in three passes. I'll take it.

Rating: 9/10

Slantember shave #11
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Very pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf - Peerless (brass)
Blade: GEM Blue Star (carbon) (3)
Brush: Henri et Victoria: High Mountain White Badger 22mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Purely Skinful: BAR-BEAR-IC (black bear tallow)
Aftershave: Purely Skinful: BAR-BEAR-IC

Additional Care:
Innisfree No-Sebum Face Powder
B0F071DE-1021-4A67-8B01-C91FDEEC52AE.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.8/10
I’m a Bear Faced...smoothie.
It’s been a while since I used my black bear tallow soap. I used a different technique for lathering and couldn’t quite remember how this lather reacted. I seem to remember it as very thirsty, but not sure. It was voluminous, but seemed thin and transparent on my face. Big deal! It was as slick as a hot pig on a frozen lake.
My Micromatic “Clog Pruf” with a 3rd use carbon blade along with this bear tallow soap was almost like pretend shaving. I was purposely pressing hard on the razor while doing multiple BBS passes on my neck and suffered zero razor burn or any kind of discomfort. That’s what I call slick and protective lather!
Great Shave with wonderful post shave skin.
Although I have an open comb Micromatic, this was my first time using the solid bar “clog pruf”. Excellent shaver, and I’m becoming quite impressed with these GEM Blue Star carbon blades,

Stay Safe!

Top Bottom