What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Where do you go to get the Quintero medium bowl made? Do you just download the file if you have a 3D printer?
My daughter's boyfriend has a 3D printer, and she has recently started wet shaving (gave her a P1 Lady Gillette in excellent condition for her birthday, along with some shave supplies to try), but a 3D printed shave bowl from her boyfriend would be a neat addition to her setup.

yes sir - it gives a choice of three sizes although the medium was perfect for me. I found the link here:

Hopefully that helps!

SEptember!

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200901_082857.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Wednesday morning shave
Razor: Ball End Tech
Blade: Astra SP (4) binned
Brush: Boar
Soap: MWF
MWF is an enigma to me. I have no other soaps that I think about more, or prepare for the night before, or anticipate, or fret over or analyze (over analyze) or agonize over than MWF. My shaving experience with this soap is just ok, my post shave skin feel is top notch. Thats what keeps me coming back. The Astra blade on day 4 didn’t feel as smooth and efficient on my stubble, done. Old Spice reminds me of my father.....I miss him this morning.
B36F01D6-792C-457E-BD3F-182AC43C6711.jpeg

8/10

Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving Soap in a bowl

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close, smooth and pleasant shave.
This combo delivers nicely.

Rating: 9.8/10

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Facial Scrub
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- MWF / Proraso Green

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Baylis & Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (1)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 7/10
Another frusting MWF shave. After reading some advise on another thread I decided to soap the puck for a week to let it fully hydrate and expand to fit the container I have it in. It did soak up water and expand, but I still couldn't get a decent lather out of it (drier than normal brush, tepid water, loaded longer than other soaps etc). I still got a lot of slickness from it but the lather just dissipated until I added in some Proraso Green. Other than that, I still got a nice close, smooth shave with no irritation or feedback from the alum block. Will try a different brush and face lathering with the Fat for my next shave and see if that helps!
I never perfected building a great lather with MWF and the Omega 49. I think I was having trouble loading enough soap. I can get a great lather with a Muhle XL synthetic.

Another blade I tried and didn't care for in the past and in my journey of finding what I may like. Truth be told I am down to 1 SE blade and like 2 Personna Red DE blades and i am trying to go another week or so before ordering another round of stuff so mu 100% Dutchness come out by using the rest of a tuck of random blades.

Just a touch of "rawness" in my shave today. A scent I haven't used in a few weeks and I forgot how much I liked it.

8.1/10

KM

IMG_20200902_062354.jpg

Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson’s Special Best Badger
Soap: Chiseled Face - Summer Storm
Razor: Rockwell C2
Blade: Personna Israeli Blue (3)
AS: B&M Soft Heart Unscented
Post: Alum block, Thayers Rose Witch Hazel and Hyaluronic Acid

Not a bad shave. A bit of irritation but that is likely due to the fact I have only begun shaving daily this week (was 3-4x a week tops during Covid)

8/10

IMG_20200902_164549809.jpg

Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: PdP
Razor: Pre-war Tech
Blade: Astra SP

9/10, First time using the Yaqi and it's SO much better than the constant shedding of my old off brand badger brush. Whipped up a lather in a quarter of the time and the bristles are so much softer. Very pleased. Also my first shave with this triangle slot tech, compared to the newer fat handle tech I have it feels slightly more aggressive, maybe? At the end of the day it's a tech and they give a shave I like every time.

I never perfected building a great lather with MWF and the Omega 49. I think I was having trouble loading enough soap. I can get a great lather with a Muhle XL synthetic.

Will try my small Omega 50014 and then I have a small Edwin Jagger Synthetic I can try as well. Hopefully one of them works!

Will try my small Omega 50014 and then I have a small Edwin Jagger Synthetic I can try as well. Hopefully one of them works!
The boar bristle absorbs water and then releases it later while a synthetic fiber does not. The Omega 49 also gets really soft the longer you soak it. You might try soaking it for a shorter period of time in hopes it will have better backbone and allow for a more complete load. Then once you’ve gotten all the soap you are going to get, then either bowl or face lather but add water slowly until you get that perfect ratio. When the soap to water ratio is right, the lather won’t dissipate. Good luck!!!

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller 3" w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: ERN 1915 SR​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar w/ 24 mm Plisson​
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Proraso AS Balm, Cypress & Vetyver​
Rating: 8.0/10 Two nicks, no irritation
  • I am setting higher expectations now for my SR shaving (scoring is tougher)
  • I am done with this soap. The scent lingers too long. More importantly, my wife absolutely hates the scent
  • Shave was even, but not as close as I was hoping. The ERN is ready for honing, but I gave a paste treatment one more try
proxy.php

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Same as most every morning:

Hot water.
Lather with TOBS sandalwood shave soap using a smallish silvertip Kent
Shave with an Edwin Jagger DE89 holding a Red Israeli Personna (Actually my shave varies from day to day. Today was the blade's tenth day.). Two passes. Into the shower. Out of the shower and splashed face with 4711.

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso White
Razor: Gillette NEW Long Comb w/ Fat handle
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless (7)
Brush: Omega 49
Aftershave: Lilac Vegetal

Great shave. Blade still going strong. Got home exhausted from work and immediately cooked, so it was nice to unwind and relax with this shave. Feeling pretty good. I started getting cocky and restless on the 2nd and 3rd passes but luckily no blood was shed. Starting to get really comfortable with this Long Comb like I am with my UK Tech. Going to have to remind myself to slow down tomorrow.

9/10.

Top Bottom