What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Sunday morning shave

Razor: 60’s Super Speed
Blade: Astra SS (4) and binned
Brush: Fendrihan Black and a White Synthetic
Soap: Arko
Great shave today! Supporting Arko August!
4B16451F-0326-4338-9F8C-EE92ACA3B875.jpeg

9/10

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower w/ hair conditioner on whiskers​
Two Pass shave: 1) WTG 2) AGT/XTG​
Razor: ERN 1915 SR​
Blade: Gillette Nacet Halved (3)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele - 24mm Mother Load (First time using)​
Soap: Seville Shaving Soap (First time using)​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 9.0/10 Very nice shave....
  • Some irritation from the 2nd pass
  • Getting better with my ATG/XTG with the SR
  • First time using this brush
  • First time using this soap
proxy.php

Pretty much same as always: shower, VDH pre-shave oil driven in with hot compress, Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus shave soap whipped up in F.A. lather bowl with trusty Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush. Double pass straight razor shave with modded Gold Dollar 208 freshly honed and stropped,

20200209_100934_HDR.jpg

followed up with clean up pass with my beloved, gold plated Valet Auto Strop Model C:

20200330_085809_HDR.jpg

Finished with a cold compress and a very generous splash of Pinaud Clubman classic.

No cuts, no weepers, no burn-just a mild tingle upon application of The Clubman.

BBS.

One really has to wonder, does it get any better?

I am an optimist so 9.5/10.

Razor: 1965 Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (4)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 9.8/10 - Redemption shave! After my careless previous shave, it was time for redemption. Went with the exact same set up, focused on technique, and took it slow. Still some irritation from the previous shave but I didn't make it any worse.

Sharkweek Sunday Shave
Razor: Pre-War Tech, re-plated by Chris at RazorPlate
Brush: RazoRock Synthetic BC Silvertip
Soap: PAA CaD
Aftershave: PAA CaD with B&M Terror drops
Shave Bowl: Belgium made OS mug

Got bit this morning, twice.. I knew I as soon as the first bit occured, it was because I wasn't watching what I was doing when hand feeding the Shark. Second one was a pre-existing little bump that the Shark decided to give a test nibble. Stopped without any medical attention.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the pre-war Tech and Shark combo.

Good solid 8.5

IMG_5074.JPG

Monday morning

Rockwell 6s (Plate #6)
Shark Super Chrome
Simpsons Chubby 1 Manchurian
Taylor of Old Bond St Sandalwood Soap
Thayers WH
Taylor of Old Bond St Sandwalwood Cologne

Rating 9.5/10

With the comfort and smoothness of the Rockwell, it was like shooting sharks in a barrel, the whole shave was over very quickly without incident. Two passes with some clean up up.

10-Aug shave.jpg

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil liquid soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Br
ush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Cella

Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Supermax
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Great razor and shaving cream and a pretty good blade 9/10

2.jpg

Mon 10 Shark Week Shave...!!!
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Butterscotch
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Great lather from soap. Spread on face then work with the nice brush. Good lemony scent, creamy and slick. More than enough lather for 4passes...
Shave with razor paired with new Jaws blade was quite good. Smooth...comfortable and sharpish too. Quite similar to a SuperMax. Blade is abit thick. 3+1 multiple passes without issues but after rinsing notice some creepers. BBS to DFS result. Icy cold rinse followed by cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel. Rating 9.5/10. Enjoyable session.
20200809_194628.jpg

20200810_081900.jpg

Thiers Issard La Legende Peacock
Caswell-Massey Regents
Semogue 1460
Miller Strop
Thayers Lemon
Clubman Punaud

20200810_061406.jpg

had to revisit new razor. knew history of issues as a possibility, the Semogue is cracking paint already. will have to wait and see how this develops.

be well all.

camo

Last edited:
Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Clinique for Men Exfoliating Tonic
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil.
- Proraso Red (tube)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Dolce & Gabbana The One aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser
- Dolce & Gabbana The One EDT

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- BIC Chrome Platinum (4)
- Omega 50014

Shave Rating: 9/10
Fourth and final great shave with this blade. It still feels sharp and smooth and similarly to the Israeli Red I feel like it had at least one more shave left in it. Just a single pass shave today (missed yesterday's single pass Sunday shave) to keep testing in line with the 4th shave of every other blade and had no irritation or feedback from the alum block. Paired up the D&G balm and EDT today, great scent although its usually an evening scent for me.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9.8/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny
Brush: WCS Honeycomb Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black wrapper) - 4
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny

The Mamba 70 gave me yet another great 4-pass shave. Shave number four for the Gillette and it seems to me as if it could easily go another four...100 are on the way. A very minor weeper on my lower neck, almost not worth mentioning...but, fractional points off accordingly. Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny is a great take on Bay Rum...would recommend it to any Bay Rum fans out there.

Tomorrow I take a break from the Mamba and start a lengthy run with the Timeless. Will be loading a fresh blade into it to start the run...haven't decided what yet...thinking German Wilkinson Sword.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Have a blessed Monday!

Kit 20200810.jpg

Daily Shave: 10 August 2020

DSCF2204.JPG

• Prep: Lectric Shave
  • Razor: Viking Chieftain
  • Brush: Omega 11126
  • Blade: Gillette 7 O-clock Green Blade #2 Shave #4 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
  • Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- using distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
  • A / S: Old Spice Classic
  • Rating: 10.0 BBS Today, a near perfect shave, with no stubble, nicks or weepers. From my perspective, Lectric Shave seems to be an ideal pre-shave resource (YMMV).

Razor: Razorock GC68-P
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving Soap in a bowl

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very smooth, very close and pleasant shave.
Happy to get back to shaving with a double edge.:001_smile

Rating: 9.8/10

Daddy didn't raise no quitter....

So a new blade and the same bullet tip were pulled back out. And wouldn't ya know.

I didn't forget how to use a SE razor. With the irritation from yesterday and a few bumps that created I expected some irritation today and there was. Especially when the first shave with a new blade can be extreme. Overall better then I expected. It probably helped I constantly reminded myself of angle and pressure.

2nd time on this scent combo. It is rising up the ranks as far as a favorite. I doubt it will unseat SDM but it is working hard to be a top 3 in two uses.

A little lower score because of irritation that really probably has nothing to do with today's shave but it is there none the less. If yesterday was a normal day it would be above 9.0 for sure.

KM

IMG_20200810_063504.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Aug 10th 2020, Good morning to all this Sunny refreshing day.

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog Pruf, Peerless model,17 nib safety bar - Mfg 1945, excellent mid range razor.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) Excellent blade,Very sharp & smooths out over its life span.
Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood- One of my favorite scents:001_wub: & has good lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 black synthetic whiskers- Close to a natural boar with soft tips IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf.

MMMonday, Aug 10th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

Last edited:
Daddy didn't raise no quitter....

So a new blade and the same bullet tip were pulled back out. And wouldn't ya know.

I didn't forget how to use a SE razor. With the irritation from yesterday and a few bumps that created I expected some irritation today and there was. Especially when the first shave with a new blade can be extreme. Overall better then I expected. It probably helped I constantly reminded myself of angle and pressure.

2nd time on this scent combo. It is rising up the ranks as far as a favorite. I doubt it will unseat SDM but it is working hard to be a top 3 in two uses.

A little lower score because of irritation that really probably has nothing to do with today's shave but it is there none the less. If yesterday was a normal day it would be above 9.0 for sure.

KM

View attachment 1137636
Hmmmmmm. I see your GEM(Personna) PTFE blade says "PTFE" on it. I have a bunch of Ted Pella GEM(Personna) PTFE blades from four different sources and none of them have "PTFE" printed on the cardboard sheath.

Top Bottom