What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

late shave........work on the Bamboo floor continues.

Dovo "Barbarossa"
B&M Petrichor
Semogue 1305
Miller Strop
Clubman Pinaud

20200801_113750.jpg

wonderful shave this morning. couple laps on the Ark this morning helped smooth the blade out.

Petrichor: "If only my wife was this dirty"........wonderful soap. and yes she knows I posted this!!!

be well all.

camo

9.5 / 10 - BBS! First use of the Fatip.
Razor: Fatip Grande Gold
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (0)
Brush: 26mm DS cosmetic S/L brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Booster Cigar bar AS / Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200731_123211.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1909 ABC Pocket Edition #501
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Soap Smooth Barbershop
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10 - Superb!
20200731_075302.jpg

DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 1st 2020

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> Great 2 pass slant razor and good for the budget minded also.
Blade: Polsilver SI (2) Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with a first shave not the smoothest.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- Nice scent but a thirsty soap with good lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, black whiskers- good synthetic with a good scrub properties with soft tip(boar-ish)
Pre shave: Wash face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a tiny do;llop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant razor.

DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
That just seems like such a harsh razor for me, even with a voskhod blade. I dont think I have used mine 10 times and it's over 2 years old.

I tried something new today. Always I've had a hard time getting a near-BBS on the left side of my throat, just forward of the ear. The hair grows differently there, and ATG is the only way to mow it down. Since I'm right-handed, I have to contort my wrist and the razor and go with care.

I have a very similar issue but with the right side of my neck. And I’m right-handed! It’s very rare I get irritation on my left side, but my right side it’s pretty common going ATG.

I switched it up last shave and focused solely on XTG and an extra WTG pass on that sensitive area. While it wasn’t BBS, it was still pretty smooth with no irritation which I’ll take.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
That just seems like such a harsh razor for me, even with a voskhod blade. I dont think I have used mine 10 times and it's over 2 years old.
It is such a good razor for myself, I learned to only do a 2 pass shave with some pick ups. Slants are a little more efficient than a normal razor IMO. Got my 1st BBS with this razor years ago, 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass ATG is what I like to do. Merkur 37C slant is a little milder from my understanding.

Same as yesterday...
  • Razor: RazoRock Hawk v2
  • Blade: Feather AC Pro (6)
  • Brush: RazoRock Plissoft synthetic
  • Cream: C.O. Bigelow
Very smooth shave today, I think I'm really getting the hang of this razor at long last and definitely falling in love with the Feather Pro blades. An easy 9/10.

Camper shave today. I took along some of the most basic stuff in my den. A ball end tech, Personna Red blade. A Stirling synthetic brush with Stirling unscented soap with beeswax. Post shave was WH, Stirling Executive Man splash and EDT.

What was the product of this combo was another +9.0 shave. No blood. No irritation. I have a mole dead center on my upper lip, below the nose. One hair there. Some only known by feel stubble some 5 or 6 hours later.

A real banger of a shave. Best camper I have ever had.

9.5/10

KM

IMG_20200801_104530.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200801
shave 20200801_112037_2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Brush: The Tech Hive Butterscotch Beehive (26mm Tuxedo)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: La Toja Cream
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: La Toja
Cologne: La Toja

WTG, XTG/ATG & XTG/ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The combination of the @Blackland Razors Vector and the Schick Proline has proven itself to be really quite special. Absolutely in the Top Tier of my Top Tier razors. Smooth, efficient, effective - outstanding razor!

The Tech Hive Butterscotch Beehive (26mm Tuxedo) is a pretty darn good buy for the money. Whipped up lots of lather from the small dollop of La Toja Cream I placed in the Captain's Choice Copper bowl. Felt very comfortable on my face. Nice Tuxedo synthetic brush.

The La Toja Cream, La Toja Aftershave and La Toja Cologne layer beautifully. All three are definitely of the same family. I love the mineral undertones that (I assume) come from the mineral salts and the water on the island where they are made. Highly Bride Approved!

Absolutely fricking great Saturday shave! :)

My Saturday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Shower​
First Pass: WTG​
Razor:​
Started with DOVO Best Quality 5/8" Full Hollowed SR​
Switched to ERN 1915 SR​
Second Pass: AGT / XTG​
Razor: Gillette 1947-51 Super Speed​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 7.5/10
  • Overall a close shave
  • Was not pleased with either of the SRs' edge
  • Finished with the "47-'51 SS
  • One significant nick
  • Some irritation

17734AC4-8A77-4B52-B318-FDD95CD27EE2.jpeg

Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8” Blackwood, Round
Finisher: 0.1u diamond pasted Balsa
Brush:
Soap: Zingari Man Explorer
Bowl: Salt and Pepper Matt Ceramic
AS: Thayers WH

9/10

Third try and I’m finally starting to crack the Zingari code. This is a very hungry and thirsty soap. This morning I loaded a full heaped teaspoon into the bowl (normally an almond sized amount is plenty). This time round I was rewarded with copious amounts of thick creamy lather. When heavily loaded it works quite well. Rinses off easily. Post shave is fantastic.

Razor: Gillette 195 Fatboy refurbished, Rhodium replated
Plate: Lord Platinum (1)
Brush: Simpsons M7 Manchurian
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond St - Sandalwood cut/melted into mug

Rating: 9/10. 2 passes, not BBS. No irritation or nicks.

A nice first shave with another Gillette acquisition (The ISO Santa just keeps on giving :thumbup: ). Compared to another non-refurbished fatboy, this unit feels more sturdy, less tinny and rattly. The M7 is finally breaking in after about 8 uses, the jabbiness is less noticeable and feels a bit softer.

2-Aug shv (2).jpg

Razor: GEM Junior bakelite baton handle
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (1)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Cella, red container
Rating: 9.9

Tonight's shave on a day and a half of stubble. I noticed some rust spots reaching the blade edge, so I binned the blade and grabbed a fresh one before shaving. Although it only had six shaves on it, it had sat unused in the razor for nearly a month while I was away.

Easy BBS with WTG/XTG/ATG passes with the new blade - no harshness, burning, or tugging. In fact, the blade was so sharp and smooth that I nicked my neck without feeling it.

Top Bottom