What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200710
20200710_111343~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Post Shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Cologne: Pinaud Clubman Musk

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Razor, Blade, Brush and Soap - all Italian. 🇮🇹

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale consistently delivers outstanding results! 👍

The Omega EVO remains in my 'Top Tier' of brushes. 👍

Second shave with the PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu. Great lather! The Nuàvia Blu absolutely rocks! 👍

Excellent shave! :)

Preshave: Nutrogena Razor Defense face wash(in shower) Proraso green pre shave
Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather on shave 3
Soap: Proraso green
Post shave: Dickinsons Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Proraso toning lotion
10/10 That Feather razor and blade continually give me the best shaves of my life, great little razor. Proraso green. Soap makes my skin feel amazing after the shave and a little cold. Lol

My Friday Morning Shave
Prep: Shower including hair conditioner on face
First pass WTG
Gold Dollar 208 SR​
Second Pass and Touch Up ATG/XTG
Rockwell 6S #4​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (7)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter
Brush: Elite Razor Spalted (‘rotten wood‘) Maple w/ Full Moon Synthetic 26mm
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Rio Grande Lavender
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E
Rating: 9.6/10 Nice end result! No nicks.
  • First time using the Gold Dollar. It was an unexpected add-in to a BST purchase.
  • The Rockwell "rocks" more and more as I continue to use it....
proxy.php

Razor: Above The Tie Atlas R1
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: VDH Luxury

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Pleasant and close shave.
Late Friday shave. All shaved and no safe place to go.:sad:

Rating: 9.6/10

Wade & Butcher Frameback
Proraso Red
Semogue 1305
Miller Strop
CeraVe HA Serum
Proraso Red AS

20200710_060149.jpg

wonderful shave this morn. I'm really liking the buffalo scales on this restore. there is a certain satisfaction of using a fine piece that you have brought back to life and honed yourself to a fine edge!!!!

be well all.

10/10

camo
Great work again! I really do love this razor! That modern and classic blend is the perfect combo!

10 out of 10 shave today!
also I voided the warranty on my brand new Wacker AllRound and it was worth it! a few days ago I took a long hot shower and I guess the steam got to the fancy untreated birch scales, and one side warped so much that it wouldn’t close without pushing the blade to one side. it was significant. Like 1/8 inch at the tip. So Rather than send it back for repair or replacement (I get attached pretty fast to something that spends so much time caressing my face hahaha) so I ordered a pair of beautiful antique bone scales and installed those. What surprised me the most was that the feedback both tactilely and aurally doubled!! I had no idea that scales could change the shave quality. The feedback allowed me the smoothest shave I’ve had to date!
Razor- Wacker AllRound with antique bone scales circa 1800s
Soap- WSP Black Amber Vanille
Scuttle- Steve Woodhead Pottery
Brush- Omega boar travel brush
E39FD591-EBFE-4212-874D-17A2F1B32B43.jpeg

Tax return splurge shave.
Razor: Rex Ambassador (#3 for 2 passes, #1.5 for last pass)
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Manchurian
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood soap

7 small nicks, mild irritation/rash on neck that disappeared after an hour or so.
Rating 8/10.

First real experience with the new Chubby 2, beyond the initial palm lather to clean it. Firm and scrubby while building lather on face, yet soft on the 2nd/3rd lathering when painting.
I haven't used a feather blade in over 2 years, the first pass was unbelievably good, the blade just wacked the difficult stubble with no effort while feeling smooth. Will change approach to neck area with the feather to avoid the neck irritation.

shave (2).jpg

Daily Shave: 11 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-11

DSCF2169.JPG

Prep
: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #3) Shave #2 2 passes + minimal buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using distilled water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Post: Rinsed face, followed up with a Witch Hazel wipe down.
Rating: 9.5 / 10.0 BBS A good shave before leaving for Habitat for Humanity project.

48-hour beard

Merkur Progress; not sure which blade, possibly a Personna Red, 2 shaves on it

Palmolive cream from the tube (more on this in a moment)

APShaveCo synth brush

Clubman SR aftershave, no-name skin lotion, Clubman powder

Showered, applied a little Tabac from the stick as a pre-shave; used cool water instead of warm -- though at this time of year, my tap water is never "cool." Lathered and went in. I set the Merkur to 3 (the mildest setting for me is 2) and made my first pass on cheeks and throat; stopped it down to 2.5 for my lower lip, then left it there for pass 2 on throat and cheeks. Reset to 2 and made my final pass and cleanup on lip and throat.

Two notable points:

I'd forgotten just how great Palmolive cream could be!

And perhaps the cool water helped, as well as opening the Merkur up to 3 (I've never gone above 2.5 since I bought it in May). End result, near BBS, no irritation, a grand feeling of smoothness. 9.8.

Last edited:
Sat shave dfesser.jpg

Today's shave starts with GD Mallard RC soap paired with a Uomo Da Vinci 290 brush. Made a nice lather. Then used my Timeless SS SB .68 loaded with a Personna Lab blade for its 13th shave. This is turning out to be my favorite combo. After a four-pass shave used some Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect, followed by TOBS Sandalwood Cologne as my fragrance. An excellent shave. 10/10.

Sat 11 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB w SK handle
Blade Wizamet Super Iridium 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Lather today was ok but not slick enough. Scent very nice though.
Shave with razor paired with famous blade 1st use was comfortable and smooth. Due to quality of lather can feel each stroke kinda harsh but the razor/blade combo was forgiving. 3 multiple passes and noticed 1 tiny weeper & creeper. Somehow always suffers weepers when using the super knurl handle.
Post & Aftershave feel was very good because of excellent icy water rinse followed by Special Thayers then Hyaluronic and Reuzel. No irritation & felt very smooth and soft. 9/10 today
20200711_111940.jpg

20200711_160558.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sat, July 11th 2020

Razor: Tom White TNNSER 3D printed - MFG 2019> Light razor & having a little fun with it, dialing it in still.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) excellent blade.
Soap: Razorock blue barber- great lather qualities with nice mid range scent.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- this is one of the best brushes I used over the last 3.5 years.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results:9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my TNNSER razor & Gem blade.

SE SOTD, Sat, july 11th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I haven't broken out a Fine soap in a while, and I forget just how slick and creamy they are. Beautiful shave today, with the Gillette yellow performing nicely in the Karve. Absolutely love the Viking brush too. This is one of his extra soft tuxedo knots and it is the softest, pillowy comfortable knot I have ever used! 10/10
IMG_0711.jpg

Top Bottom