What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Tue 7 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Bowl Yogurt
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 8th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Other than a mild scent, the lather from XXX is actually really thick & creamy. Slickness is quite ok. Can take quite some water too.
Shave with the razor paired with this superb blade was ooooo... smooth and comfortable...auto-cruise! 3 multiple passes without issues. Sharpness of the blade is still ok but compare to initial use now is noticeably less efficient. Razor is top performance!
9.5/10!
20200706_204027.jpg

20200707_075544.jpg

Daily Shave: 07 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-07

DSCF2165.JPG

Prep
: Shower and then a face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #2) Shave #3 2 passes + minimal buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using distilled water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.5 BBS I had Another nice smooth shave this morning; had one ‘oozy’ little weeper from removing a pet paw claw scab. Feather blades seem to work well with this razor.

*** DISCLAIMER***

I pulled an audible mid shave today. Intake my picture before my shower and as I was shaving today thinking about the temps I decided to not splash Clubman. Honestly I just felt like something lighter. I opened the cupboard and there sat Stirling Executive Man splash and frag that I don't have soap for anymore.

The Feather blade is on day three, best shave of the blade so far. The old free ball end tech is not pretty but she continues to trudge on. I added about 6 drops of menthol to the lather and that is about perfect for me. 45 min post shave I feel a stubble patch I somehow missed. The rest of my face feels exactly like you would hope.

8.7/10

KM

IMG_20200707_062451.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Soap: The Goodfellas' Smile Sea Citrus
Brush: Fendrihan badger
Razor: Timeless SS .68 scalloped head and base w/Blackland Dart handle
Blade: Derby Usta (1)
AS: Stirling Deep Blue Sea

Aquatic soap and splash...I feel like I'm taking a walk on the beach. Good lather from Sea Citrus this morning. Great shave!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200707.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Voshkod (3)
Soap: Speick
Brush: Omega 10108 Boar
AS: Mennen Skin Bracer
Shave/ Result: 3 WTG pass shave. After a couple of days of BBS (with ATG passes) I wanted to give my neck a break.
Shave worked perfectly for my plan, results are a DFS (but I know my stubble will be thicker this evening). I look at other (Non Traditional Shavers) results and I think they would be stunned at how easy and comfortable it was to get my shave results.
My 10108 Boar is breaking in and I’ve noticed two things: Thing 1...it’s a lather hog! Thing 2, it is really great at painting strokes. I know it will only get better!
Have a great day, Tim
60BF3FFC-8724-48CC-AE6F-63146DFEBED2.jpeg

Tuesday's shave 1.jpg

Woke up this a.m. to find a leak in the hot water heater. Not the best way to start the day. I am using Mallard RC again today. The brush is my oldest one: a Hoffrtiz I bought in 1993. He is a small guy but does a good job. The razor is my newest one: a Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.05 loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium. After my usual four-pass shave, I applied Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. The fragrance was GFT Sandalwood. I am close to the end of that fragrance. A perfect 10/10 shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD,Tue, July 7th 2020

Razor: Pal injecto-matic razor-Mfg 1952> They called it the million dollar razor because of what they spent to tool up.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (3) great blade for sharpness & longevity.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore- nice scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm Sagrada Familia named after famous cathedral in Barcelona Spain- great lathering brush.
Pre- shave: Brush wash whole face with Cerave hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 8/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 3 tiny nicks= :wink2: just got careless this morning with technique with this razor and it let me know.

SE SOTD, Tue, july 7th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Brush: Semogue 1305
Prep: Clinique Charcoal Face Wash in the shower, cold water splash, generic shave oil from Amazon
Shave: 1 pass WTG, 1 cleanup pass XTG
Post shave: Thayer's unscented witch hazel, Fine Green Vetiver
Results: 7/10 Close-ish

Still learning my 37C and how it behaves with different blades. I think I don't like Feathers as a rule - I previously had them in my 23C starter razor and never loved the shaves I was getting, but I was hoping they would behave differently in a slant. I find Feathers' sharpness is their greatest strength and greatest weakness. There is no smoothness - just harsh chop chop chopping. I was really tired this morning so couldn't focus on perfect technique, and I'm sure I could figure out how to make the Feathers work for me, but really no point when there are smoother blades out there that I prefer - blades like Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette Platinums, and Personna Lab blues being my favorite.

One pass + cleanup, felt some minor razor burn and got a choppy shave. Going to stay with my Gillette/PPI blades moving forward. Fine green vetiver sample from Maggard got me smelling old school, which I like, but my fiance not so much :)

Prep: Neutrogena Razor Defense face scrub, Proraso pre-shave
Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather
Brush: Semogue 620
Shave Soap: Arko shave stick
Post Shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel, Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla to cover up the Witch Hazel cause it smells so bad
Results. 8.5/10 Minor razor burn around the adams apple but that always happens, no cuts or anything. Missed a place under my left jaw line

Shaving Rockwell 6c gunmetal No. 6 again today ...
of course, shaving the head and face ..

KAI -blade

cream - Wars (as usual without a brush, only hand)

AS: Victory Avon (I got it as a gift so I used it today, a decent smell)

Kai works well with rockwell plate 6, a very good shave. 8.5.

IMG_20200707_192017~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors Silversmith
Blade: Astra SP - 1
Brush: PAA The Starcraft
Lather: PAA Atomic Bay Rum
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Hyaluronic Acid/Every Man Jack Face Lotion
9.5/10 BBS
Shave70720.jpg

Today was a day of firsts and everything worked out very nicely.
First time using the Silversmith with a fresh Astra SP, The Stracraft brush and the PAA Atomic Bay Rum. No complaints whatsoever. The Silversmith was everything I'd read about, smooth, efficient and easy to use. It's a very "friendly" razor. The Starcraft is a lather monster and the Attomic BR a great vegan soap. Had enough lather leftover for 2 more passes.
3 pass shave, smooth, no nicks, weepers or irritation. BBS shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Razor: Colonial Razors Silversmith
Blade: Astra SP - 1
Brush: PAA The Starcraft
Lather: PAA Atomic Bay Rum
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Hyaluronic Acid/Every Man Jack Face Lotion
9.5/10 BBS
View attachment 1122767

Today was a day of firsts and everything worked out very nicely.
First time using the Silversmith with a fresh Astra SP, The Stracraft brush and the PAA Atomic Bay Rum. No complaints whatsoever. The Silversmith was everything I'd read about, smooth, efficient and easy to use. It's a very "friendly" razor. The Starcraft is a lather monster and the Attomic BR a great vegan soap. Had enough lather leftover for 2 more passes.
3 pass shave, smooth, no nicks, weepers or irritation. BBS shave.

Sweet looking setup!

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10
PSX_20200511_122246.jpg

Preshave: Shower/Proraso Green
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Parker Travel Brush
Soap: TOBS Mr. Taylor’s
AS: Thayers Original/Proraso Balm Menthol/Proraso Green
Rating: 7/10

First time using a Nacet; got some irritation on the neck that I haven’t gotten in a while. I may have buffed a few problem areas a little too much. I’ll give the blade a few more try’s before making a final decision.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Feather
Brush: Ice Pure Badger
Cream:L’Occitane Cade

Really like the weight and balance on the Merkur. New Feather blade. Brush is ok, it’s the only badger I own, hoping Christmas may change that. Shave cream ok, but little residual slickness, unlike some of the other products I have used. Decent cushion on the Cade regardless. Keep coming back to the Nivea post shave, works well for me and decent value an added bonus.
9/10

Top Bottom