What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Voshkod (1)
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Cream: Cella Extra Extra Bio
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Shave/Results: the shave was inspired by @IMightBeWrong when he tricked me with his Cella Bio thread. Also, I never would have known to try and fall in love with this amazing shaving cream if not for @Marco.
3 pass WTG, ATG, combo WTG/ATG for a DFS with no irritation. Just a great shave with a beautiful slick fanciful smelling shaving cream.
Enjoy your day!
Tim
CA7F662F-0F0C-4C7C-AED7-AF5C0FAAB7A6.jpeg

Tuesday shave 1.jpg

Tuesday's Shave
A second day of using AoS Lavender. Today's brush is a Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip, an excellent brush. The razor is my Wolfman SR2 SB 1.05 loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. The aftershave is some Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L'Occitan ASB. I find this ASB to do an excellent job with a subtle, pleasant scent. The fragrance was Jimmy Choo Man Intense. An excellent shave. 10/10.

Another 90+ day today means I looked for more menthol. Not sure why as I typically am not a huge fan but it seems like the right thing today. I just kept grabbing Proraso branded stuff out of the stash and I haven't used Executive Man scent since I finished the soap. So what I ended up with is an awesome shave. Rare 9+ score. Crazy how that works.

9.2/10

KM

IMG_20200602_054621.jpg

Maiden voyage of my Karve C.B., shave was pretty comfortable for being a new razor I'd not used before, efficiency was great. I think this razor is going to work out very well for me.

Overall shave - 9+

Razor - Karve C.B. Brass w/ C plate(solid base)
Brush - Razorock Bruce
Soap - Cella
Blade - Astra SP
Alum - Razorock
A.S. - Skin Bracer

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue June 2nd 2020

Razor: Oneblade core version 2 - MFG 2018>V2 Great milder daily shaver, my#1 of lately it seems.Showing some wear over the last 8 months, but still going strong.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (1) great blade for this razor IMO.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- excellent soap for scent and lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm synthetic - excellent brush for scrubbing,splay and painting IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea sensitive balm.
Results:9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: another great shave with Oneblade core v2.

SOTD, Tue,June 2nd,2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

24-hour beard again

'62 Gillette Slim, stopped down to 4 for first pass, 3 for second pass; Personna Platinum blade

A sample puck of a Stirling soap; I don't recall which one, but it's not the Bay Rum I also have

Boar brush

Verdict: A very good and comfortable shave w/ a tiny nick on the lower lip. It's time I took a day off and resumed on Thursday. The first of the month means time to clean all the razors with a toothbrush and replace the blades, so that's on for tomorrow.

B&M Day: (June 2, 2020)

Brush: DG Washington Blue Steel B6
Razor: Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: Gillette Platinum (9)
Lather: B&M Reserve Waves
Post Shave: B&M Reserve Waves
Frag: Mont Blanc - the Explorer

Fantastic shave today - explorer and waves pairs together quite well.

proxy.php

Razor: Gem Heavy Flat Top "G-Bar"
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Personna injector
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Gem WTG + ATG
PAL XTG
Rating 10
View attachment 1107902
Some photos put out a strong message like this beauty. BBS

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Blade: Voshkod (1)
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Cream: Cella Extra Extra Bio
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Shave/Results: the shave was inspired by @IMightBeWrong when he tricked me with his Cella Bio thread. Also, I never would have known to try and fall in love with this amazing shaving cream if not for @Marco.
3 pass WTG, ATG, combo WTG/ATG for a DFS with no irritation. Just a great shave with a beautiful slick fanciful smelling shaving cream.
Enjoy your day!
Tim
View attachment 1108225

You and I must have very similar tastes! I have paired Voskhod and the Timeless Bronze SB many times. I love how mild yet efficient the combo is. I also enjoy a splash of Thayers. This honestly looks like a setup I would personally use lol

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10
20200601_092708.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200602
20200602_101323~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM (2)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers, 24mm Maggard SHD Knot
Soap: Zingari Man, 'The Wanderer'
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger
Cologne: Classic Match Homme Eau de Toilette Spray (Belcam version of L'Homme)

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ (really close to BBS) with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

Incredible Soap + Incredible Razor = Incredible Shave. It sure is fun when all the components of the shave come together. :)

Tue - 02 June 2020

Tested out my new Timeless SS razor with 100 mm handle also in SS.
At first I welcomed the heft and length of the handle (perhaps I sub-consciously measured quality in weight and this certainly felt like it was oozing quality), however as the shave progressed I found myself wondering if perhaps I should try a shorter handle or a TI one.

Another first for me was a soap from Martin De Candre (1 of 9 various samples that arrived today). Glad I've gone for samples instead of full tubs, learned some expensive lessons along the way hahaha.
This is probably the hardest soap I've tried to date, really got a workout trying to build a lather. Wished my lather bowl had those ridges at the bottom, may have helped.

Other than that, everything performed well and I could have settled on a 2 pass shave.
Had more than enough lather from an almond size scoop so went ahead with pass 3. Upon cleaning out my bowl... realised I had 1/2 an almond scoop left, testament to how hard that soap is.

Rating: 9/10

IMG_9245.jpg

And for this morning's disaster...

Razor: Parker SRW Shavette
Blade: Nacet (halved)
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter.
Brush: Semogue 1305 Pure Boar Bristle (Still being broken in)
Soap: Williams Shave
After Shave: Proraso Blue Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E
Rating:3.5/10

My SR learning journey continues. The shave started out great. One very minor nick. My shave was moving along relatively quickly. (I want to become a little more natural and less deliberate.) I was finishing the right side of my lower lip/chin area, getting ready to rinse and switch to my left hand, when BAM! I looked away for an instant, prematurely turning my head mid-stroke, and I had a nasty nasty cut. This may be the worst shaving cut I have ever had. I finished as best I could - no touch up. ALL OPERATOR ERROR. :a52: The learning continues....

Top Bottom