What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Green Permasharp Stainless (India) (3)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (non tallow)
AS: Pinaud Clubman
2 pass WTG and ATG on face, 2 WTG on neck for a DFS. Nice shave with really nice products that don’t cost much (except for the razor) giving a luxurious shave for pennies per use.
D3123763-9928-4E69-9D68-DBB14615367F.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, June 1st 2020, Good morning to all!

Razor: Gem Featherweight Generation 1 - MFG 1950-52 Gen 2 1953-54 .Nice milder razor to break in a new blade!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) Great blade IMO.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- Mild scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers(Mew) 26 mm- Very nice dense packed whiskers with soft tips with a good scrub.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3+ pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX :001_wub: with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17:Great shave with my Gem Generation 1 Featherweight razor.

MMMonday, June 1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Today is supposed to be above 90 for the first time this year. I am also BACK to regular work today. So of course I broke out some menthol stuff. I am so not a menthol head like some of you folks, too much irritates or something. But the performance was great, day 2 on the Red Personna was great. Little bit if stubble left by Adams apple that I don't get to crazy about anymore. The rest of my face is smooth and feels great.

8.8/10

KM

View attachment 1107803
Beauty brush. The slow feed dog bowl I love using with samples. Good luck on first day back, it’ll probably be real strange.

Attachments

• A5710C4D-79A9-4E08-B278-0583CE3079F6.jpeg
    A5710C4D-79A9-4E08-B278-0583CE3079F6.jpeg
    828.2 KB · Views: 6
June Day: (June 1, 2020)

Brush: Dogwood B4
Razor: Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: Gillette Nacet (67)
Lather: Chiseled Face Trade Winds
Post Shave: Summer Break Soaps Field Day
Frag: Ferrari Fragrance - Bright Neroli

New soap day today - this is a fresh sea-side scent that is supposed to have some old spice scent. To me, I didn't quite get much old spice but I did get the ocean vibe from it - it has the salty air scent to it. Very nicely done and a good scent for a spring/summer day. The soap base was excellent and made for a slick shave, and left my skin feeling smooth after the shave.

Flat Bottom tech is kicking butt in the performance dept - this razor feels smooth and getting very close to BBS is not taking a lot of effort these days.

Excellent shave - 8/10. Not bad at all for using this soap for the first time.

Have a great Monday folks.

proxy.php

Razor: Gem Heavy Flat Top "G-Bar"
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Personna injector
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Gem WTG + ATG
PAL XTG
Rating 10
20200531_074101.jpg

Out of this world!

Prep: hot shower with Glyce preshave soap
Soap: B&M 42 (bowl lather)
Brush: Shore Shave silvertip 26mm?
Razor: Gillette New Standard 1921
Blade: Kai (3)
Warm rinse
Alum
Cold rinse
AS: B&M 42

New soap, new brush, and new aftershave. The intergalactic scent was floral and pleasant. Maybe needed more water for slickness. The brush was unbelievably soft for its monstrous size.The New Standard definitely takes practice but I’m not getting raging irritation anymore. Comfortable DFS.

7/10

CC058453-438D-4B27-89C4-2A3987DAA88A.jpeg

Razor: RR GC JAWS 84 / HD
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (0)
Brush: Maggard Timberwolf
Lather: Proraso Blue (older formula)
Result: 9/10

Following on the heels of Arko and the Proraso Green SuperFormula, the old formula Proraso Blue was greatly missing the glide and protection I'd grown accustomed to, and had ultimately taken for granted! Just an inch of cream slathered on my chin was worked to a full 3 passes of what I consider ideal lather in less than a minute flat. Back when I was trying to face-lather Proraso creams with a boar, I was lucky to get a decent single pass of lather after several minutes of working it, aggravating my face in the process. Synthetics rule the roost in the area of product usage and time without question, as long as I start lathering on the chin to help it splay easier at the start.

This lather just wasn't as slick as the Arko or the Proraso SuperFormula. Where it really shined however, and always has shined, is in the very minor amount of cooling menthol during the shave and the perfectly hydrating and cooling post-shave feel. Although the blade felt dangerously "there" and not as slippy as I'm used to, my face felt like a million bucks by the time I walked out the door. I plan to order some Proraso Blue SuperFormula since the Green was so slick, it would be dumb not to for the glorious post-shave feel which provides one of the best out there for my skin. Great shave day.

IMG_0262.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: ASTRA SP
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: Bootleggers Bay Rum
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Hyaluronic Acid / Every Man Jack Face Lotion
10/10

Second shave with the Blackbird and the ASTRA SP blades. 3.5 days of hair growth. This razor/blade combination works superbly. Just as my previous shave I only did a 2 pass shave, WTG/ATG and a little touch up. BBS.
No nicks, cuts or irritation. And very little feedback from the Alumn.

I believe @Steinmetzify mentioned in a post that after shaving with the Blackbird his face feels like a sheet of glass. And I agree. That's exactly how my face feels. Closest shaving razor I've ever tried and very comfortable.

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: ASTRA SP
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: Bootleggers Bay Rum
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Hyaluronic Acid / Every Man Jack Face Lotion
10/10

Second shave with the Blackbird and the ASTRA SP blades. 3.5 days of hair growth. This razor/blade combination works superbly. Just as my previous shave I only did a 2 pass shave, WTG/ATG and a little touch up. BBS.
No nicks, cuts or irritation. And very little feedback from the Alumn.

I believe @Steinmetzify mentioned in a post that after shaving with the Blackbird his face feels like a sheet of glass. And I agree. That's exactly how my face feels. Closest shaving razor I've ever tried and very comfortable.

Glad to hear it man. That thing is an amazing razor, I’ve never used one quite like it. He sure hit a home run with that design.

Top Bottom