What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Friday shave.jpg

Friday’s Shave

Going with Lakewood Smokeberry Soap today. The brush was my B&B Essential Boar. The brush is the perfect one for soap samples The razor was my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 with a Personna Medical Prep blade. After a four-pass shave, I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. After my shower, some Yves Saint Laurent cologne. A nice shave. 10/10.

Daily Shave: 28 May 2020

DSCF2107.JPG

Razor: Viking Chieftain
Prep: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Persona (# 3 and out) 2 passes extensive buffing fur to dulling blade
Soap Proraso (Green + Red mixed) (using rain water)
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 7.5 / 10.0 CCS A acceptable basic shave with a dulling blade.

View attachment 1106441

Friday’s Shave

Going with Lakewood Smokeberry Soap today. The brush was my B&B Essential Boar. The brush is the perfect one for soap samples The razor was my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 with a Personna Medical Prep blade. After a four-pass shave, I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. After my shower, some Yves Saint Laurent cologne. A nice shave. 10/10.

To the best of your ability, please describe the scent of this soap. I just haven't heard of the company or scent and it sounds interesting.

Thanks

KM

Razor: Timeless Aluminum ALSB45
Blade: Voshkod (3)
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Cream: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter
AS: Mennen Skin Bracer
Result: 3 pass WTG, ATG, ATG/XTG combo for a BBS. Just a beautiful shave today, the slickness of CC Nor’Easter and the lite, quick nimbleness of the ALSB45 were the perfect way to start a weekend.
Have a great day.
Tim
17B48A4C-CB98-47E5-A470-A076BBCCBB0A.jpeg

I am learning I don't like too much menthol, I am certainly not a lover of it as some here. I swapped to the Prosaso Red preshave as the green is too much for me with this soap and splash. I had about 5 Nick's that were in the same spots as earlier this week. I probably should have stayed with the bullet tip but I had to do something different. Maybe the new blade? Who knows. What I can tell you is if I hadn't of bled it may have been my highest score ever. I am not sure I have any small stubble anywhere. Big fan of my post shave feel 1.5 hours later.

8.4/10

KM

IMG_20200529_063243.jpg

Shave 20200528
View attachment 1106287
Razor: Timeless Ti 0.68-SB
Blade: Kai (2)
Brush: OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Soap: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Post-shave: DSA Crystal Alum
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Cologne: Classic Match Blue Eau de Toilette Spray (Polo Blue clone)

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, weepers, cuts or irritation.

First use of Zingari Man The Wanderer. Excellent lather, slick and cushioning. Great post-shave face feel! This soap will definitely remain in my rotation. :)

Have to comment on how good the OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle brush really is. Once broken in (and it was the easiest and shortest break-in of any boar brush I've had), this is an awesome brush - type of knot notwithstanding (;)). Smooth on my face. Not harsh at all and with the right amount of scrub and splay. Bowl lather or face lather - no problem. Great brush! :)

YMMV. :)
Great description of your shave, I felt like I was actually experiencing it! I love your comments on the Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle Brush, I just ordered the exact same brush yesterday. Keep up the great shave narratives.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, May 29th 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic flying wing, MMBT, Guiding eye.....-MFG 1947-50
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) - Great blade characteristics all the way around, sharpness, longevity & smoothness after a couple of shaves.
Soap: Colonel Conk bayrum- I enjoy using this soap.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow with brown whiskers(Mew) 26 mm- very packed whiskers with soft tips & back bone, excellent Brush IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Balm.
Results:8.5 /10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave with my Gem MMBT.

SOTD, Fri, May 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Soap: Haslinger sandalwood
Brush Semogue 1305
Razor ATT H1
Blade Modern German WS day 6

Not that great of a shave 5/10 mainly because it was the first time using Haslinger and I probably didn't load enough soap. That resulted in the razor "bouncing" once and cutting my face near the jaw line.

Razor: Gillette 1939-1945 Canadian Tech
Blade: Lord: Silver Star Super Stainless
Brush: Henri et Victoria: High Mountain White Badger 22mm
Lather: Mikes Natural Soaps: Wild Honeysuckle
Aftershave Splash: Phoenix Artistsan: Son of Honeysuckle

Additional Cares:
Brickell Clarifying Gel Face Cleanser
Brickell Face Scrub
Brickell Balancing Toner
C8A99003-281B-4361-9A6F-1032CC75AB96.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.5/10
Honeysuckle and a Vintage Shave
Before this shave started I had no idea what the heck a honeysuckle smelled like. Now I know, and approve. Very earthy.
I had my first shave with a vintage fat handle Canadian Tech razor. If I had no choice but to shave the rest of my life with this razor, I would have no problems. I guess some things just can’t be improved on. So far every Lord blade I’ve tried has been a smooth shaving experience.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200529
20200529_104823~2.jpg

Razor (XTG & ATG): Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade (XTG & ATG): Bolzano (5)
Razor (WTG): Facón Kamisori Shavette
Blade (WTG): Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (2)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Bowl: Bamboo
Post-shave: DSA Crystal Alum
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Cologne: Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Next to no touch-up needed.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no weepers, two minor nicks (both with the Kamisori, due to my lack of experience with SRs), no cuts, no irritation.

First complete pass (WTG only) with the Facón Kamisori (AC Blade Straight Shavette) - and I survived with only two minor nicks (both my fault). No transfusions required! :)

Finished the XTG and ATG passes with the incredible Fatip Lo Storto Originale sporting a Bolzano blade. This razor defines 'gliding' across my face. Close, efficient, comfortable and ever so smoooooooth. :)

Excellent shave!

Top Bottom