What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Thursdays Shave.jpg

Thursday’s Shave

Soap: Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife
Brush: Rudy Vey with Shavemac D01 two band knot
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather
A/S: Thayers Rose Petal WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect ASB]
Fragrance: GFT Sandalwood

A perfect shave. 10/10

Just a complete hodge podge of a shave today. I grabbed stuff I haven't used in a while. The boar brush was very nice, the cream was nice and thick. Clubman Bay Rum was an interesting choice this rainy day. Score will be higher as the shave was actually really good.

8.8/10

KM

View attachment 1106044
I have had the Clubman BayRum in the Amazon cart waiting. Can I ask you to describe how's the Bayrum? Anything is fine. I do have the Clubman Whisky Woods and GentsGin just as a comparison. Thanks and regards.

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar 🐗
Cream: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter (2nd use)
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Result: 9.175/10 (always room to improve). The full three pass WTG, ATG, combo WTG/XTG for a ridiculously good DFS shave. It literally just made my morning. Have a great day and stay safe.
Tim
D2093502-2572-497F-9E23-BFF5CCF6AEF0.jpeg

Honestly I have only used two Bay Rums. This one and Stirling. My Clubman has changed in scent some since I put it in a glass bottle months ago. I like the Clubman more then the Stirling only because the Clubman is more "clove/cinnamon" then the Stirling and that is more to my liking. I am far from a "bay rum pro" but I don't think you will regret getting the 6oz bottle as it is nice to have around for the random use. I haven't used the two you have stated so I can not compare to those.

KM

I have had the Clubman BayRum in the Amazon cart waiting. Can I ask you to describe how's the Bayrum? Anything is fine. I do have the Clubman Whisky Woods and GentsGin just as a comparison. Thanks and regards.

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (8)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise
Aftershave: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise
Rating: 9/10 - I feel that Dr. Jon's is underrated and overlooked, especially in the vegan soap market. I think they are outstanding. Great, accessible scents and fantastic performers.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur, May 28th 2020

Razor: Gillette Fatboy, 195.....-Mfg 1959 4th qtr E4- great shave on settings upward 5,6,7 worked excellent.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock super platinum(Black)- great blade for a DE IMO.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore- on of my favorites , great scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm (Sagradia Familia) A famous cathedral I visited in Barcelona Spain.
Pre-shave: Shower + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on Beard area, regular soap just makes my eye blood shot it seems.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Avon true gent balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with 1959 Gillette Fatboy.

SOTD, Thur, May28th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Honestly I have only used two Bay Rums. This one and Stirling. My Clubman has changed in scent some since I put it in a glass bottle months ago. I like the Clubman more then the Stirling only because the Clubman is more "clove/cinnamon" then the Stirling and that is more to my liking. I am far from a "bay rum pro" but I don't think you will regret getting the 6oz bottle as it is nice to have around for the random use. I haven't used the two you have stated so I can not compare to those.

KM
Many thanks for your reply. I actually went to the fridge and smell the clove and cinnamon..hahaha. You surely helped to further put my finger on the trigger. Best regards

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: ASTRA SP
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Lather: B&M Reserve Spice
Aftershave: Bootleggers Bay Rum
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Hyaluronic Acid / Every Man Jack Face Lotion
10/10

Haven't posted in a couple of days. Though I'm working from home at the moment, work has picked up and been quite busy.Anyways, In that time I've had what I considered a couple of subpar shaves with the Blackbird and the Timeless TI. 3 passes and cleanup left me with lots of irritation around the neck.

So today I went back to the Blackbird with a fresh ASTRA SP. I decided to take my time not only shaving but also making sure I got the soap right. I only did 2 passes WTG/ATG and some cleanup. The Blackbird is an outstanding razor. Not as smooth as my GC.84 or the Timeless but way more efficient. The first pass alone cleaned me up better than any other razor I've tried. Hardly any stubble. I did get a nick on my right cheek bone because I put a bit too much pressure. A reminder to let the razor do the work.

All in all a great shave. BBS except for a tiny spot on my neck.

Razor: H&SCo. N075 hardcoat Al base plate (first use since it was delivered earlier this week) + handle by Stork
Blade: 1st use Wizamet
Brush: Simpson T3
Soap: SV Dolomit
Rating: 9

Great shave; love the face feel from this base plate. I'll likely be lisitng my SS baseplate + stock handle for sale as it might as well go to someone who'll use it, albeit sans top cap, hahaha!

IMG_0949.jpeg

Top Bottom