What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Today's shave

Preshave: Slock’s universal soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Post war tech
Blade: GSB
Soap: Uncle Jons Cucumber Melon shave soap.
Brush: Rocky mountain barber company best badger shave brush.
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Aftershave: saponificio varesino 70th Anniversary sample

Shave rating DFS + so close to BBS.

Tue 11 SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor RR G37 Slant
Blade Czech Astra Superior Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Excellent creamy and slick lather with a pleasant light scent.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Had a smooth and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome! Rating 9.8/10!
20210511_081549.jpg

Soap/Cream: Tabac (glass jar puck)
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock SE (Yellow) (5th)
AS: cold rinse; Tabac AS.

2 passes (WTG/ATG), excellent shave, at least a CCS.
So glad to return to Tabac. And so's my wife :biggrin1:

9/10 for me

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (D6)
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Cream: Hawkins and Brimble Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Nivea AS Balm
Rating : 9.5/10 :pipe:

Very close and comfortable BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Proraso Green + Omega 48
Merkur 34C + Kai
Proraso Green AS

Score 7/10

If ever proof was needed that "just because you can change things up - doesn't mean you should" applies more often than not, I decided to use the daddy of all boar brushes today (my hitherto trusty Omega 48).

Suffice to say, my face didn't know what hit it... The shave itself was plenty good enough but the lathering experience felt as rough as Desperate Dan's stubble!

I can only conclude that using the lovely and soft Omega 599 for the last few weeks has thoroughly spoiled me.....

E4AEF065-91B1-454D-B36D-818061C1EDEA.jpeg

Razor: Razorock BBS
Blade: Vintage Astra SS (4)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Omega Pro
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

Good morning! Great shave today. I did have some issues with lathering the Fat this morning. I almost always face lather and have no issues, but this morning it just wanted to be a fluffy foam. Adding more water made it a runny foam which started to dry out by the end of each pass. Still did the job, But not really sure what was going on there. However, the results were great. Accidental BBS, no irritation.

9.5/10

Razor: Blackland Razors Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Paladin El Dorado
Cream: Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop

WTG/XTG/ATG with combo XTG/ATG goatee clean up for a BBS shave. Everything came together, perfect cream and brush combo: whipped up a creamy, thick, and slick lather. As always the Sabre L2 was a smooth operator, magically dispatching whiskers with nary a care. The symphony of destruction as the whiskers yielded to the instruments of their demise. Finished with a healthy splash and ready to tackle any obstacle...the shave was perfect for me. 9.9/10!
383C34D4-55CE-46E4-B373-5F3DF4B2D9B0.jpeg
24EDC4BC-2312-4066-B1A0-BE8ECA1AA3F6.jpeg
013991E0-43CA-45B1-9B64-EFCBE8DF1D78.jpeg

11 May 2021
20210511_064921.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S √
Van der Hagen
Cream For The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia – Italy √
Old Spice Original –India
Old Spice Musk – India
Proraso Green –Italy
Brushes For The Shave:
Omega 11126 -- Today’s shave
Gray Dog -- Prep with Old Spice Bar soap
Blade For The Shave:
Bolzano Superinox Shave #3
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum rub downs.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Summary:
Rating: 10.0
Quality: BBS
Results: No stubble, nicks, or weepers
Info: A great shave with today’s rain water harvest--using a small dishpan in the open yard. The Saturnia soap yielded a slick creamy lather for an ideal shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A.S.Razor shave, Tue, May11th 2021, First Star lather catcher model made under the new merger American Safety Razor Corp in USA by the Kampfe brothers(Star brand) of Brooklyn NY, Gem & Everready. Star brand is know for its fine lather catchers and MFG first safety razors in USA & world!

Razor: Star bar #4 model lather catcher- Mfg 1919-20, excellent razor, <mid range, what a great razor to use, give me great results and a joy to use and own one, seems like a rare model to find.
blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood(some clove)- nice sharp scent, + great lather qualities, soap can be thirsty for better performance IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood :001_wub:+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Star bar with a coated Gem blade.

ASE SOTD, Tue, May11th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these days, light at the end of tunnel!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (2)
Soap/Cream: Arianna & Evans Kaizen
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Simpson's Persian Jar PJ3 Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Kaizen AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Fantastic Mindless Shave.

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Larry's Synthetic,28 mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Cream: Speick

Speick Aftershave Splash

Three passes to a smooth and comfortable finish. No nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Tuesday morning shave - today using again the SOC boar that created lots of and great lather of a Haslinger Sheep soap. 3 passes reduced one day of growth to a clear DFS. In the third pass the blade started tugging and created some nicks - good bye, Personna Red. First and second pass were great, though. It scores a 9/10

Razor: Rockwell 6S, WTG/XTG: R4, ATG: R3
Blade: Personna Red (3)
Soap: Haslinger Sheep
Brush SOC boar
Preshave: Balea Rasieröl
Aftershave: Osma Alum, Nivea Sensitive Balm, Balea Men Outdoor Protection

Top Bottom