What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

W.H. Morley & Sons
B&M Bay Rum
B&M 22mm Tuxedo Synth
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
B&M Bay Rum AS
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
20210422_055807.jpg

be well all.

camo

Something new today -- well, I've used it before, but not in a long time:

48 hour beard

Gillette Red Tip from '56/new Personna Lab Blue blade

A mix of Trumper's Almond cream and Barbasol Original

Semogue boar brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Again before my shower, I washed my cheeks and throat with Dial soap while soaking the Semogue boar in hot water. I squeezed the brush out, loaded it with a little Trumper's cream, emptied the scuttle, and whipped the cream a little bit in there. Then I added a dollop of Barbasol foam and whipped them up together. It provided a thick-ish but slick lather. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG with a little XTG cleanup, and done. I am smooth and clean. Cleanup was a little longer than my usual -- I had to rinse out the brush and the bowl too, but the payoff was worth it.

Verdict: 9.6.

39AA9BF8-25FB-4031-B6A2-EA51E717F931.jpeg

Razor: Razorock BBS
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Omega 10066
Aftershave: Proraso Red

Good morning! Today’s shave was not the greatest. First pass went ok, second pass the blade started pulling and tugging really bad so I kinda did what I could and quit. Still a reasonably close shave, but I was a little surprised / disappointed the blade gave up on its third shave.

6/10

22 April 2021
20210422_065254_HDR.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S √
Van der Hagen
Cream Of The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia
Old Spice Original
Old Spice Musk √
Proraso Green
Brush For The Shave:
Omega 11126 √
Gray Dog
Blade For The Shave:
Gillette Silver Blue Shave #7 and out
Passes:
WTG and then ATG (lots of buffing)
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
8.5 BAS A dull blade yielded a basic shave. While I had no nicks or weepers, there was lots of stubble remaining after the 2nd pass.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Oceana
Brush: Je&Co Tuxedo Synthetic (Night Sky)
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72 w/TiBam titanium handle
Blade: Timor (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: PAA aquatic sample ?

Brilliant shave! The Timor performed like a dream in the Lupo and I couldn't be more excited about finding another blade that performs in the top three category with the new razor. I picked up two of these blades from Tryablade.com along with several others and decided to pop this one in first. It's not a cheap razor blade by any means, but I'm glade it worked well. Lather from Oceana was very good, dialed in well. The splash is an aquatic from PAA, something they're coming out with soon...a knockoff of an Old Spice product that's no longer available???...but it's definitely an aquatic. I liked the scent so I decided to use it today with the aquatic soap. Figured it would be a good pairing.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210422.jpg

Soap: Arko
Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

Noticeable drop in edge feel over yesterday, which makes me further suspect that the edge isn't being stropped uniformly. Visually you can tell as well. It was the 4th or 5th shave on this blade since hitting the stones. I did change out the leather, and did not put anything underneath the leather like it originally did with the old piece of leather, so I will experiment putting strips of gauze underneath at some point, but who knows what the real reason is.

Honestly though, I may just end up rigging up a stropping tool of some sort to be able to strop this blade outside of the case. Not giving up on this thing. The shaves are fantastic.

8/10

Thursday morning shave. Again with the SOC boar, today face lathering - great feeling, it really improved and is braking in. It ate some lather after pass one, I had to take up some more product but that guided me well over the next 2.5 passes (and had something more in it). The shave with a new Personna red was smooth with the Rockwell 6S, comfortable and quite close. One nick at the chin but very minor. I score a 9/10.

Razor: Rockwell 6S, WTG, XTG R4, ATG/touch up R3
Blade: Personna Red (1)
Soap: Haslinger Sheep
Brush: SOC boar
Preshave: Balea Rasieröl
Aftershave: Osma Alum, Nivea Sensitive Balm, Balea Outdoor Protect

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Genesis V2
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Executive Man
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Simpson's Persian Jar PJ3 in Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Stirling Executive Man EDT
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Mindless carefree shave. Yesterday's shave was so good, I had to duplicate it again.

Razor: Schick Eversharp 1950's Injector
Blade: Supply Injector blade (3)
Brush: RazoRock AMICI Noir Plissoft,20mm

Soap: RazoRock Classic

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Mennen Skin Bracer

Three passes to a smooth finish. No nicks or weepers or razor burn. Comfortable.
10/10

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Hoffritz
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
I finished the AoS Sandalwood soap yesterday and today back to Tabac. I have had this puck for about two years. It has no scent but is an excellent performer. The Hoffritz is a small brush so it takes extra time to load it. However, as always, a great lather and an excellent shave.

Thursday's one-pass SAS, Socially Acceptable Shave, one small weeper, 9/10. Continuing for this week to see how good a shave I can muster in just one pass. Today was the best yet, made my one pass a combo of WTG, XTG, and ATG up my neck, combined with a fresh blade:

Pre-shave: shower and face wash
Razor: Occam's OREN- two-dot head
Blade: Feather Pro (1)- sharp with much more audible feedback
Brush: Semogue SOC boar
Soap: ARKO stick
Post-shave: cold rinse, Aqua Velva AS

Stay well and have a great day!

PXL_20210422_141019288.jpg

Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic (1953 - ?)
Blade: Personna PTFE Injector (5)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Citrine/Black Handle 26mm Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX
96F497E4-8AE2-42E4-97F1-3EB319BEEAE8.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Up close and Personna-al
When I first started shaving with Schick E, G and L razors with Schick (Chick) blades I thought they were somewhat smoother than the PAL Injecto-matic with the same blade. Now I have come around to the conclusion that Personna PTFE definitely give me a better shave with all of these razors, but now I prefer the results from the PAL razor teamed up with the PTFE. Sure, all the named razors give me a close BBS, but I find the PAL does a better job and less likely to nick me or re-open old scabs. Definitely leaves me with a superior post shave face feel. I realize my views are contrary to most injector users that I have read, but shaving is a very subjective thing.

Top Bottom