What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre-shave:
Hot shower
Proraso pre-shave Sensitive skin

Post-shave:
Proraso-pre shave Sensitive skin
Jack Black Cooling Gel
Jack Black Bump Fix
Nivea Sensitive skin Balm
Pinaud Lotion

Soap: Martin de Cadre Fougere (always thankful to Big J for telling me about this soap)
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2 Super Badger ( still my favorite, but enjoy the change up)
Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: Voskhod
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Feather

After reading some tips on the neck area decided to use my less aggressive EJ DE89 with a feather blade going ATG on my neck. It worked great no irritation and BBS.

Another tip I got on a video was to dip my finger in water then on my Alum block when pulling the skin tight, it works fantastically.

I am months ahead on my shaving by being on badgerandblade.

Years ahead on my brush purchases.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

Shave: 10/10
B5C3BA12-15F7-4CE5-8435-C94D35B37DCE.jpeg

1606060783241.jpeg

Brush: Elite Razor Redskins handle/ 26mm AP Shave Co Synbad
Soap: Tabac Stick
Razor: Razorock Hawk V2
Blade: Feather Artist Pro Guard

9/10: Phenomenal first shave with the Hawk. This shave amused me because I’ve had these blades for 14 years. Back in 2006, people were cutting them down length-wise and jamming them into Injector razors to make “featherjectors.” These turned out to be a bit too aggressive, so nobody stuck with them long term. It’s so great to see people using these “new” razors that take advantage of those blades in more responsible ways.

cartoon1605981137384.jpg

Razor: Schick G3 Gold Plated Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Simpson's Luxury Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten

Preshave: Warm water face wash
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Simpson T3 (The Lather Cannon!)
Soap: Stirling "Sheep" (Unscented)
Aftershave: Proraso (White)

After a couple less-than-stellar shaving experiences over the past several days, including a "shimming" incident gone horribly wrong, I decided it was time to get back to a known-good shaving routine and get my confidence back. Popped in a fresh Gillette Nacet, whipped the Sheep and got back to basics. Minimal load time (about five seconds), lots of water and, as I've come to expect, the Nacet was awesome right out of the wrapper in my 38C. Didn't need to do an ATG pass as a little J-hooking got 99% of my jawline (and that's good enough for me). Touched up my chin, under my schnoz and called it a shave. Feedback from the alum block was practically nil. Proraso aftershave left my face feeling great. No nicks, no weepers, not a hint of irritation to be found. I can find some tiny spots of sandpaper stubble in a couple locations but only if I really search for it. Overall: Feeling great!

Calling this a 9/10.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20201122_110523~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (3)
Brush: @Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm BOSS v1)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: La Toja Stick (grated)
Post-shave care: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave/Fragrance: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum Aftershave-Cologne

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Can't say enough good things about the Vector OC. Superb razor. :001_wub:

Outstanding shave! :)

Sunday Shave
Pre-shave: Shower/Hot washcloth/Paa The Cube
Razor: Gillette P3 Psycho
Blade: Lord Stainless Steel
Brush: Custom Green Dymondwood 20mm Badger
Soap: PAA Sundown
Bowl/Mug: Fleamarket find
Post Shave: PAA Mysterium Serum/The Ordinary hyaluronic acid drops
AS: PAA Sundown

48 hour stubble
Call me a glutton for punishment, but I used another Lord blade. Was going to use the 7am from Friday, but I dropped it in the sink when going to load it on the Psycho cap, so I binned it because it hit one of the shave edges, and no reason to risk cutting myself up.
I let my brush soak, whipped up my lather, and got my face nice and wet using my hot washcloth, and applied The Cube to my face, then set about lathering (one half of the face at a time).
Did a 3 pass shave.
Got 2 nicks on my neck, which didn't require any post shave attention, and didn't reopen the nick on my cheek from Friday.
For this shave, I did shorter, overlapping strokes, and the results were much better than the previous attempts with this brand of blade.
Immediate post shave feel was very good, the best I've ever gotten with this brand. Some slight post shave irritation.
While I'm happy I got a good shave, Lord blades will not be on my list of blades to purchase again. I have a few more to use, but maybe I'll put a blade PIF together and get rid of some blades I don't care for.

No nicks: 4
No irritation: 4.5
Closeness: 4.5
Smoothness: 4.5
Total: 8.75

2020-11-22.jpg

_20201122_212309.JPG
8.5/10,probably a little hurried,stick a little too dry, had to reapply to other side of face as was a little dried out when i reached other side,don't think the LaToja stick is as good the DRH stick if im being honest,ended up an ok shave in end, but felt better,couple of little nicks on chin🪒
_20201122_204815.JPG

Last edited:
My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Le Grelot 5/8​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Rudy Vey Design Handle w/ Synbad​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh (First time using!)​
Toner: Thayer's Original Witch Hazel​
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh AS Balm (First time using!)​
Rating: 9.8/10 DFS! One nick that disappeared with the rinse. No irritation!
  • Very close shave overall!
  • First time using this soap. The jury is still out but my initial impression is very nice scent and slickness. For the second pass lather I did not need to add any soap or water. I will need to try it without the matching AS balm (see below)
  • First time using this AS balm. The jury is still out but initial impression is nice scent. Since this was the first time using I messed up and squeezed out too much balm. So it was kind of thick when I applied it. I do like the scent, but it is a little strong. I am not sure if this it due to the soap, the balm, or because I applied to much. (FWIW, I am considering ordering the matching AS lotion, which there are several variation...)
proxy.php

Evening shave: 11/22/2020

Prep: Warm shower, Nivea Face cleanser
Pre shave: The bluebeards revenge, soapy water from the bowl
Soap: Haslinger Sheep milk
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Merkur (1) - The one included in the package
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26er
Alum: Osma
Aftershave: Witch hazel, floid metolado vigoroso lotion, Proraso sensitive balm

Rating: 7.5/10

The performance of the things used is pretty much known. The blade, however, is kinda dull and in the first pass especially didn't do much. This made me do 3 passes. Wtg, xtg and atg. Everything was going fine until I got to the third pass. As soon as I put the alum on my chin turned red. It also stung a lot and so did the floid aftershave. The proraso luckily was soothing. Now, about a half hour after my shave I have razor bumps. Like small red spots all over my chin area. I am sure it was the blade and that third pass. Plus, I had only shaved yesterday so i didn't have much hair to begin with.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: PAA Space Nog - CK-6 formula
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS SB .68
Blade: Kai SS (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Soap Commander Bay Rum

Very busy this morning...posting my morning shave very late. Great shave, DFS/BBS. CK-6 Space Nog was...unbelievable! Between the scent and the performance...simply wonderful. The scent of this product always amazes me. Last year I got a bottle of Space Nog aftershave and used it up. I just bought the body soap and the star jelly in this scent. There's far more Atomic Age Bay Rum scent in this than there is eggnog...so I don't feel the need to replenish the Atomic Age Bay Rum soap I recently used up. The Soap Commander Bay Rum is faint to my nose. Will have to try it again before making any decisions on it. Thanks to the forum members who thought highly of it. I always like to try new Bay Rums.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Razor: RazoRock GC68-P
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Pre-Shave: Cetaphil Facial Cleanser
Lather: Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic

No nicks: 4.5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

One nick. No irritation. No itching.
Very close and very pleasant shave.

GC68 is less aggressive/ less efficient than the Mamba 70.

Rating: 9.75/10

Mon 23 On the Road SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass SB-D 1st Use***
Blade Viking Sword #3
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
The soap is my number 1!! Amazing scent, super creamy and slick lather.
1st use with the famous Karve brass SB-D. Wow....feel so smooth and so comfortable wtg and xtg but atg is abit different. 1st 2 passes shave angle is easy to find but atg especially around the lips area was not easy. Went for 3+1 passes for a between bbs to dfs/ccf result. 1 weeper from just putting the razor to the adam apple incorrectly, otherwise was a good shave. Excellent aftershave. Rating 9.5/10
Must try another blade with razor and see how. Razor feels really good in hand.
20201123_104516.jpg

Today
Razor: Haircut & Shave PO76 Ti
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Elite Razor Tourmaline Quartz 26mm High Mountain White
Soap: Ethos Succes
Aftershave: DR Harris Arlington

(Cross-Posted). A perfect shave. Trying out the H&S PO76 Titanium and all I can say is that this is a magnificent razor. Fantastic finishing and polishing for a titanium razor. But, more importantly, this razor shaves naturally. Maybe it's the design, maybe the material, maybe the weight (and I generally like heavier razors), but it gives me close and perfect shaves. Not a nick, not a minor weeper, not a bit of irritation. Probably aided by the GD preshave and the Ethos Succes soap, which was slick but rich and cushioned. Paired well with the citrus from one of my favorite aftershaves.

This is a 10/10.
2020-11-22 PO76 Ti Ethos Sucess.jpeg

Top Bottom