What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

keep at her!!!!! learn something new evertime.......gets better when you get a few shaves in the rear view mirror.

camo
Oh for sure. I'm happy even though the shave wasn't that great since the blade cut through hair. Now I just need to refine and practice my technique, but I'm pretty determined to get it down.

- Prep: Warm washcloth and Proraso White preshave creme
- Brush: Semogue 1800 boar
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate 4)
- Blade: Personna Barber USA (1)
- Soap: B&M Hallows
- Aftershave: B&M Hallows balm
- Post Shave: Hyaluronic Acid

Good shave today.

I’m not sure if the Proraso preshave actually does anything to improve my shave, but I love the eucalyptus. Hallows is excellent and the cheap Personna gave me a BBS surprisingly.

9.5/10

Prep: Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRX Shavette
Blade: Wilkinson Sword India Half Blade (D1)
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Biotiq Wild Grass AS
Rating : 9.8 /10
Very very nice BBS in 2.5 passes !!

Duke Gilbert B.E.A.S.T.

Παρασκευή. Αύριο έχω καλεσμένους...

Razor : Blackland Blackbird
Blade : Crystal Super+ Platinum (4)
Brush : Simpson / Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap : Mike's Natural Soap / Barber Shop

WTG=>XTG=> DFS++ 9.9/10.0

Fri 30 OCtober#24 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Gillette Super Platinum
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Excellent soap! Appreciate it more & more. Nice unique scent and great performance. Creamy and slick.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes but not so efficient. Unexpected creeper. Between bbs to dfs. Post & aftershaves always good.
Rating 9/10
20201030_005900.jpg

20201030_104239.jpg

Today's shave: 10/30/2020

PREP: Warm shower - dove face cleanser
PRE SHAVE: Proraso Red and soapy water from the bowl
SOAP: Haslinger Sheep's milk
RAZOR: Lord l6
BLADE: Feather blade (3)
BRUSH: Wilkinson pure bristle
ALUM BLOCK: Osma
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso White Balm

I'd rate today's shave a 9/10.

Today I went the whole nine yards. I did the classic three pass shave with WTG, XTG and ATG. Zero cuts, nicks and irritation. It was my fist time using the haslinger sheep's milk soap and I must say it worked wonders! Very nice protection and hydration. It created lather instantly that lasted for 3+ passes. The feather blade helped alot with having an easy and comfortable shave. Especially for the last two passes I felt that if I had another blade I would have cuts etc. I had some pimples that did not bleed and generally I feel I am closer to a perfect shave. The alum block works wonders as well. I had a tiny bit of stinging and that was it. It left me with a smooth but clean feeling on my skin. I love it. I did enjoy the post shaving feel from the haslinger. I believe it's a great soap. Last but not least, the proraso white balm works fantastically. I like it. The Lord blade works just fine, especially given its price point. It requires the tiniest amount of pressure and you're good to go.

Thiers-Issard
CF/Zoologist Macaque
Rubberset
Miller Strop
Surgical Ark Finish

20201030_054325.jpg

knock down drag out no nonsense shave before hunt this morn. rain finally stopped. maybe should have filmed this one for the ten minute challenge thread. delightfully smooth and comfy. no skin aftercare for me other than Hunter Specialties body soap & shampoo.....which does have enough slickness for a touch up!!!!

be well all and stay hungry my friends.

camo

TabOCtober
Ended Tabac OCtober like it started.
Rare morning shave started Friday in a good way.
Riding the cap on the FOCS combined with tabac made it a smooth and efficient shave.
Razor : Fatip La Storto Slant OC
Blade : Astra sp (3)
PS : Proraso red
Soap : Tabac stick scooped
Cold rinse and Thayers witch Hazel
AS : Tabac

Close to BBS, no nicks, 9.8/10

Have a nice weekend
IMG_20201030_063148.jpg

Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Rapira Platinum LUX (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm
Preshave: Hot shower
Lather: Williams Modern Mug Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Astringent followed by Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 4
Closeness: 4.5
Smoothness: 4.5

No nicks. Moderate irritation. Close and smooth shave.

Witch Hazel report was moderate.

I should have stuck with the Haslinger and the PolSilver SI.😟😟😟

Rating: 9/10

Daily Shave: 30 October 2020

Prep:
Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Viking ‘uber’ lather using rain water
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
Gillette Nacet / Blade #5 / Shave #5 and out
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Wipe face dry and then Witch Hazel wipe
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman
Rating:
9.0 DFS A good shave with no nicks or weepers, but lots of stubble. The dull blade was ‘banked’ when I finished.

DSCF2307.JPG

Day.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S, plate 2.
Blade: New Personna MedPrep (USA).
Brush: Omega 10066.
Sopa: Cella EEP.
AS: Proraso red splash.
EDT: Proraso Wood and Spice.

I would rate this shave an 8 of 10. The reason it will not ever be higher than that, is because the closeness is about the same as my 5 o'clock shadow (I actually do have course and heavy beard growth. Also, I'm not a cat, I don't call them whiskers).
However, after a few days of irritating shaves, this was a much nicer, MUCH more comfortable shave. I gave up closeness for comfort today.

I also notice the Italian-ness of my shaves. Cella, Omega, Proraso. What can I say, I am Italian-American.

View attachment 1175528

Razor: Rockwell 6S, plate 2.
Blade: New Personna MedPrep (USA).
Brush: Omega 10066.
Sopa: Cella EEP.
AS: Proraso red splash.
EDT: Proraso Wood and Spice.

I would rate this shave an 8 of 10. The reason it will not ever be higher than that, is because the closeness is about the same as my 5 o'clock shadow (I actually do have course and heavy beard growth. Also, I'm not a cat, I don't call them whiskers).
However, after a few days of irritating shaves, this was a much nicer, MUCH more comfortable shave. I gave up closeness for comfort today.

I also notice the Italian-ness of my shaves. Cella, Omega, Proraso. What can I say, I am Italian-American.
or plate number 2
suitable for a good shave ?????

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Brush: Fendrihan Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Charcoal Goods SS SB LvL2
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Cat-o-Nine Tails Bay Rum
Edt: Barberry Coast Bay Rum (travel size roll on)

Perfect shave this morning. I am earmarking some of my razors for removal from the morning rotation. I think at this point I have enough experience under my belt to begin to eliminate razors I would rather leave out of my rotation. I am so pleased with Phoenix's soap performance. Looking forward to using up Atomic Age Bay Rum and getting Space Nog on board. DFS/BBS.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20201030.jpg

Top Bottom