What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Timeless Ti .95 SB
Nacet
Ethos Lavender
Proraso Pro boar
Thayers
Ethos Lavender Skin Food splash

10/10
IMG_3761.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Water Splash
Razor: Parker SRX Shavette
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Green Indian Half Blade (D3)
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-Band Badger
Cream : Vicco Shaving Cream with Sandalwood Oil
Post-Shave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + DENIM FRESH AS Lotion
Rating: 9.5/10
Excellent BBS With just 2.5 passes !!

Sat 26 Island SOTD
Cream SuperMax Lemon-Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Game Changer 0.84 SB
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Aloe Vera gel
Nice easy lather. Very mild scent with acceptable performance.
Shave with razor paired with blade was outstanding. Sharp but smooth and comfortable for 3passes. Post & aftershave was excellent. Enjoyable shave.
Rating 9.8/10
20200926_064133.jpg

Daily Shave: 26 September 2020

DSCF2265.JPG

Prep: Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Soap: Viking Clary Sage Scent, using rain water
Brush: Viking Badger
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Black Blade #2 / Shave #6 and out.
Passes: 2.5 (WTG & ATG) lots of buffing (dulling blade) A/R
Rating: 8.0 CCS A dulling blade yielded an adequate shave. While I had no nicks or weepers, there was lots of stubble. Preparing for a 'veg' day. Some house cleaning and lots of American college football.

PXL_20200926_120926461.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

SOTD
Pre: Hot shower, face wash with Pears glycerin soap
Soap: Cella
Brush: AP Shave Co Synbad 24mm Emerald handle
Razor: Rockwell 6s - Plate R3
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3rd use)
AS: Cella

RATING: 9/10

What a banging shave, just noticed a bit under my nose I missed which is maddening :)
I’ve been making an effort to drink more water recently and this is helping my skin no end (I know, who knew right?). First use of Pears soap - definitely won't be my last. Cella never ceases to amaze me with it’s lathering powers and Mr Kipling Bakewell tart smell - bloody love it. Skin feels incredible afterwards DFS++ The only disappointment is the brush (first use) which was fine but not outstanding for me. I haven’t found my perfect brush yet. The Razorock Bruce is my go to and nothing has knocked it off its perch thus far. I like the barber pole style handle on my badgers but with synths I seem to lean towards the shorter stubby jobs - weird. Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Slantember shave #24
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Lather & Wood Pre-Shave Oil Unscented
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

Today was I believe day 5 on the Personna red and it still shows strong. The Ben Franklin soap was actually found in the back of a linen closet where I have been storing stuff that fell out of the rotation. I cracked it open after finding it back and I do like the scent but it is very heavy. It is supposed to be decent out but since it is Saturday I like to use stuff I don't normally wear at work. So splashed some Clubman Bay Rum to pair with the soap and I think this is a decent combo that matches up well.

This brush would be the one in my den that I would say has the most backbone if I understand it the term. I like it on soaps I haven't used in a while and when painting the lather it was perfect.

9.1/10

KM

PXL_20200926_122605808.jpg

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: '79 Tech (UK)
Blade: Treet Classic (1)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Aftershave: Lilac Vegetal

Never tried to stretch a Treet Classic, but very familiar with the blade. I will see how long I can get it to last, and "work" on it if it ends up needing it. It's an experiment I've always wanted to try with a carbon steel blade.

Great shave. Really enjoyed the menthol this morning.

9/10

Very close to a 10 today . . .

48-hour beard

Hoffritz Slant/Rapira blade, Swedish Supersteel (2)

La Toja stick

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Shower, a little La Toja as a pre-shave, then face-lathered the soap and applied the razor after 3 minutes. Very smooth and easy: pass 1 WTG on cheeks, lower lip, and throat, then pass 2 ATG on all three areas, and finally pass 3, XTG on the throat. I got a little overzealous on one part of my lower lip and drew a tiny speck of blood -- I need to stop trying for BBS there. Near BBS, no irritation. Verdict: 9.8.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD

Razor: Gem 1912 Damaskeene open comb- Mfg 1912-15,very nice milder mid range, this was so important a razor to Gem MFG success that it made it a favorite for millions of shavers in N.America with different variants over the decades.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Excellent blade.
Soap: Italian barber Amici - nice mild red grapefruit scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24 mm syn- excellent lathering brush with cloud like soft tips.
Pre-Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC.

SE SOTD, Sat, Sept 26th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR brushless shave soap Bay Rum scent
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Chronos
Brush: Barrister and Mann Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Charcoal Goods SS LvL 2 w/ CG brass torpedo handle
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Wet Shaving Products Cedar Citron

Great shave this morning with the Charcoal Goods SS LvL 2. A slight nick I opened up again from last night's shavette practice. Took half a point off for it, but it wasn't troublesome thankfully. First use of the Goodfellas' Smile Chronos. Wonderful scent! Excellent performance. This is the third Goodfellas' Smile soap I have with the scary skeleton guy on the label. All of them are very good, Abysso, Chronos and Inferno...Abysso being my favorite of the three. All are very different. WSP Cedar Citron to top it off...good match for Chronos which has some pineapple in it, a light sweet scent. I understand Chronos is a knockoff of something...although of what I'm not sure. Will have to research it.

Happy shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20200926.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Glycerin Soap face wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: Karve Brass SB A plate
Blade: Feather
Soap: B&M Reserve Classic
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum Stick, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.5/10. Very good two pass shave, did produce three small weepers, but first use of the Feather blade.

Pre-shave:- Wrights Coal Tar Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Earthenware pot

Brush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Home Brew shaving soap

Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Wilkinson 7 o’clock (2)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix
Fragrance:- Lacoste

2nd shave with Wilkinson Classic and 7 o’clock. Not a fan of the Gillette 7 o’clock permasharp, I find it just plain rough but useable in the Wilkinson Classic, as I have this blade as a pack of 10 I am going to persevere with it​

The home brew shaving soap is a mixture of a grated Palmolive shave stick and a small amount of aerosol shaving gel, mixed together with about 50ml of water, then heated in an oven until it is about 5x the original volume, this settles back a little on cooling. The result is a firm block of shaving soap that works very well indeed. The odd thing is that the volume in the pot doesn’t go down, I have been using this pot for 2 weeks now and the mixture is still full to the brim.​

Good shave spoiled by a bad blade 7/10

11.jpg

Top Bottom