What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Tue 15 Slantember SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Excellent lather, scent was great!
Slant razor paired with blade very smooth and comfortable. Efficient too. Very good combo.
A brief moment of lapse & too much pressure result in a weeper. Enjoyable shave! Rating 9/10
20200914_224439.jpg

20200915_112729.jpg

Monday Night Chopperfest!
Sept 14th-15th 2020

Razor: Greaves & Sons full wedge (dilicot edge)
Strop: TM HH
Pre: Hot towel, Stirling pre-shave bar, Barber bond
Soap: B&M Seville

Rating: 6.5

Had to try out the new restore! I've only shaved with a full wedge a handful of times before. Thing is WTG is a cinch! However, ATG was less than desirable. It's funny how the lather played on this, because it was thick&rich the flat face of the wedge was sticking with suction causing drag. I overcompensated and raked quite a few times. Chin has a patch of weepers. If I get more time with the wedge i know I can do better.

Oh well, shave and learn.

PXL_20200915_071435022.MP.jpg

Here's to the start of a great week in wet shaving adventures!!!

Slantember shave #13
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Very pleasant shave.
Undecided which blade to use next!🤓

Rating: 9.8/10

Razor: Blackland Blackbird sb
Blade: Gillette Rubie (3)
Brush: Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Zingari Man - The Explorer
Rating: 10/10

Decided to see how the Blackbird dealt with three days growth and it scythed through it like it wasn't even there.
I'm still impressed with how close this razor shaves every single time but with no irritation.
It was the third use of the Rubie and it's still performing well and could easily go further but I'm still experimenting with blades so next will be a BIC Chrome Platinum. So far it doesn't seem to be fussy about blades, I've used GSB,
Super Shave X and Rubie and they've all worked really well.

I'm still loving the Zingari soap and balm, performance during and after the shave is superb.

24-hour beard

Postwar fat-handled gold Tech; Feather blade (2)

TOBS Peppermint cream

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

After my workout, showered, used a little Tabac from the stick as a pre-shave, then face-lathered the TOBS. One pass WTG on cheeks and lower lip, two (WTG and ATG) on throat and a little cleanup. Not near BBS, but I've learned that if I try for that with a 24-hour set of whiskers I'm asking for irritation or nicks. Just a smooth and drama-free shave. Verdict: 9.7.

Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy; adjustable set to 5 today
Blade: US Personna Lab Blue, in blue wrapper (2014?), before they switched to plain white a couple years ago (shave #9)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Stirling Texas on Fire
Rating: 9.0

Last night's shave on a day of growth. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, no burning or irritation, but 1 big unfelt mystery nick on the upper lip, so deducting 1.0 from the score.

The BBS is persisting 12 hours later, but I'm discarding the blade with the hope that it was the cause of the nicks I've been getting. I'm impressed with the closeness of the shaves from the Fatboy.

Daily Shave: 15 September 2020

DSCF2248.JPG

Prep
: Dial Liquid Soap face wash Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Viking Badger
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow #5 / #4
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Viking Sandal Wood Container Store tin, using rain water.
Rating: 9.8 DFS+ Today’s shave was nice and smooth, some stubble, but no nicks, but one very tiny weeper. This blade may be wearing out.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Cella red
Brush: No-name synthetic
Razor: Parker Semi-Slant w/WCS handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Barrister and Mann Seville

Great shave this morning, DFS/BBS. No cuts, nicks or weepers. I'm really starting to appreciate this inexpensive slant razor. I've gotten the feel of it now and I'm getting consistently good or better shaves with it. $30 razor...go figure! Cella and Seville are known elements and good performers all around.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200915a.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Soap: Tabac
Brush: RazoRock Snowman
Razor: Karve CB Brass, with the SB-E plate
Blade: Nacet, 3rd use
Afters: Alum, Tabac AS splash

Three pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG) with cold water rinse between passes and after. Almost no touchup required. The shave was smooth, effortless and comfortable, and there was no significant feedback from the alum. Complete BBS that will likely last 15 hours or more.
The CB is without a doubt the best razor I've used, and I believe it has killed my RAD (except for the stainless CB I have on order :) ).

Rating: 10/10. I can't imagine how it could get any better.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Prep: Hot shower
Soap: Tabac
Brush: RazoRock Snowman
Razor: Karve CB Brass, with the SB-E plate
Blade: Nacet, 3rd use
Afters: Alum, Tabac AS splash

Three pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG) with cold water rinse between passes and after. Almost no touchup required. The shave was smooth, effortless and comfortable, and there was no significant feedback from the alum. Complete BBS that will likely last 15 hours or more.
The CB is without a doubt the best razor I've used, and I believe it has killed my RAD (except for the stainless CB I have on order :) ).

Rating: 10/10. I can't imagine how it could get any better.

I looked up the Karve razors...you can get a brass cap and base plate for $65. That's awfully good for a razor of that quality!

After looking at the forcast of a high of 86 today i figured it was about time to use up the menthol soap as I don't see that sticking around very long and it is a high of 60 on Friday so out came the menthol favorite of mine. I matched with the standard splash and edt. The now broken in boar is a great brush for creating a smooth lather. The blade is on day 5 and gave me another +9.0 shave when adding in the clean up pass. I may switch over to the MMOC and keep using the blade more as I feel it may be giving up in the 1912 just a touch.

Again a great shave with my favorite scent.

9.3/10

KM

IMG_20200915_063555.jpg

Tuesd collage.jpg

The second soap I will be using this week is Lakewood Smokeberry. The brush today is the first B&B Essential Boar brush. The razor is my favorite slant: ATT S-1 with a Personna Med Prep blade: a great combo. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. After a shower some TOBS Sandalwood cologne. An excellent shave. 10/10.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tue, Sept 15th 2020

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant-Mfg 2016> excellent mid range razor, very efficient and with good technique performs well :001_wub: . You might have to adjust the blade to top cap but no big problem IMO. 2 pass with pickups.
Blade: Personna red (4) always a great blade and performs the best with my slant razors.
Soap: Razorock XXX- just enjoy the scent and excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm Sargrada Familia- named after a famous cathedral in Barcelona Spain, excellent brush
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX aftershave with Witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant & Personna red blade.

DE SOTD. Tue, Sept,15th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Soap: Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Gem Stainless (7)
Aftershave: Old Spice

Blade is showing no signs of quitting anytime soon. I won't push it, but I think I have at least 3 or 4 more shaves left with it. We shall see.

9/10. No nicks, no irritation.

Top Bottom