What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, Aug 27th 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic OC- Mfg 1930-41 Great mid range razor, built very strong and still available at antique stores.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out as used & good cost per shave.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft- reminds me of a boar brush with soft tips, makes great lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + followed by a dollop Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Micromatic open comb.

SE SOTD, Thur, Aug 27th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Schick J1 Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten. Great shave!😁
PSX_20200826_084817.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Thursday morning shave

Razor: Dorko
Brush: Badger
Soap: Arko
It’s a pleasure to use a SR again, a slight hand tremble has made it an adventure. Got through most of the shave, put my left hand to use which is more steady, I’m adapting. Still in the game for Arko August. I know that scent is unique, to me it means I’m going to have a great shave. Which I did!
F19B93E3-940E-400D-A128-56499211A28E.jpeg

9/10

Thursday Enening Shave:
Brush: Toby Svizzera Badger Shaving Brush
Razor: Toby Svizzera Adjustable TTO (a gift, I wanted to give it a try...)
Blades: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (made in China)
Pre-shave: Hot shower and Crema Men's Gentle Face Cleaner
Cream: Mem Shaving Cream (an Israeli product)
Aftershave: Brut Oceans EDT
Total score: 9/10
Soundtrack in the background: "Suspicious Minds" (Live version, Las-Vegas, August 1969) by Elvis Presley

My Thursday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
One pass shave w/ touch-up​
Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8 Full Hollow Spanish Point​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 Green #23/30 w/ Shavemac Finest 22mm​
Soap: Proraso Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 9.5/10 DFS!!! One small cut. No irritation.
  • Today was an all Proraso software day....
  • This brush is not broken in yet
  • A small cut (not a nick) on the corner of my mouth. For whatever reason I use the toe of the SR on my left side and the heel on my right side at the corners. Well I was try to use the heel on both sides. Should have just left it at my natural method
proxy.php

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb w/ Fat handle
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Omega Boar
Aftershave: Lilac Vegetal
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Excellent shave. My new boar brush is breaking in fantastically. I got so much more lather this shave than I have with this brush yet, and it felt great on my face. I can see why people really like boar brushes. If it will continue to get better, man I'm in for a treat. I'm glad I used it to break it in instead of doing that 3 day method I keep reading about. I did open up one of my nicks from yesterdays Astra blade fiasco. Luckily that blade is in the blade bank where it belongs (my face says that, not me). DFS and great post-shave feel. That's all I want in a shave.

9/10.

Friday Shave - A 9.5/10 BBS

Pre Shave - Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Pre Shave Oil
Brush - Pearl ivory finish 30 mm knot synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Shaving Soap
Razor - Edwin Jagger Chrome finish DE89
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue on 3rd use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Aftershave Balm

I shaved post shower today. Did a face lathering and the dense knot of the brush and the soap produced enough lather for all 3 passes. The Gillette Silver Blues were paired with my most trustworthy razor the EJ DE89 which produced amazing 3 passes where razor glided effortlessly and helped me achieve a BBS. And then I became a little overconfident and in the endeavour of refining an already smooth BBS pressed the razor little hard in the chin area and ended up getting a small weeper.

Apart from the weeper the alum did not offer any significant feedback and the aftershave balm that ensured continuity of the balsamic and oceanic fragrance taking me virtually to the turquoise waters of Phi Phi island while soothing and moisturising my shaved skin.

So I achieved a great BBS and just because I got that weeper being careless deducting 0.5 from the rating. A 9.5/10 shave today.

Next shave will be on Sunday and will be using hot towel on face. Hence, can’t wait already!

Thank you 🙏🏽

97FF1304-0039-4247-84F5-75968436AA60.jpeg

Fri 28 SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DOC Mellon
Blade SilverStar 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Old Spice Lime
The famous/infamous Arko soap lather is truly remarkable. So slick...
Shave with razor paired with blade was just ok. Quite audible. Not as smooth as when I first try this blade last year. Perhaps the last batches of new blades has spoilt my expectations. 3+1 passes with no issues. Abit uncomfortable going atg on the neck & jawline. Blade will be ditched. Between BBS to DFS result. Icy cold water feels so good and followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and Old Spice. Rating 9/10
20200828_150142.jpg

20200828_150417.jpg

Top Bottom