What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

McLelland The Hamburg Ring
Caswell-Massey No. 6
Semogue 1305
Miller Strop
Thayers
Clubman Pinaud

20200827_060425.jpg

lovely razor this morn that I really need to use more often. when I bought it, was my planned weekend razor until I acquired the Fili and others.

whiteout in the pic hides the blade engraving:

20200827_061651.jpg

be well all.

camo

Received samples from Magaards so beginning to work through those.

Pre: Shower, Shaveology pre-shave oil
Brush: Viking White Knight
Cream/Soap: TOBS Royal Forest
Razor: 34c
Blade: Astra SP (2)

For a new guy: 8.8/10. Continuing to have better luck with irritation and bleeding. This one went very well. I am not sure the 34c is ever going to leave BBS but I’m over it.

Enjoyed both the Royal Forest and Lucky Tiger. I’m finding I’m hard to please with smells but these were both enjoyable
B702D5E6-9687-4B46-9E96-9497CEEE5D43.jpeg

Daily Shave: 27 August 2020

DSCF2222.JPG

Prep: Lectric Shave Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow Blade #1 Shave #2
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.8 DFS+ Nice shave with no significant stubble, nicks, or weepers.

48-hour beard

'62 Gillette Slim, Personna Red blade (3)

Erasmic glycerin soap in the red-lidded tub

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo and Semogue boar brushes (more on that in a moment)

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Showered; a little Erasmic as a pre-shave. Then I loaded up my Semogue boar brush for the first time in a while and face-lathered . . . and was disappointed in the lather I got. I squeezed and wrung out the brush and lathered on my throat to build up some lather, but the stuff was thin, and I did not feel like it was going to have much cushion. Started with setting 5 on the Slim, and while the shave felt great and the razor was cutting the stubble well, I continued to dislike the lather and the brush.

So -- for the first time ever -- I switched to the APShaveCo, which I've been using more and more this summer. The lather effect and the feel on my face was much better! Two passes (5, WTG; 3, ATG) on cheeks and lower lip, 3 (at 5, 3, and finally 1 for cleanup) on the throat. Near BBS, no irritation, verdict of 9.4.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: Parker Semi-Slant
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - hyaluronic acid - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Dr. Jon's Flowers in the Dark

Excellent shave from the slant razor. For a $30 razor, the Parker Semi-Slant is capable of giving a very smooth, close shave with the right blade in it. The Wizamet was the last "loose" blade I had from the sample packs and it happens to be an excellent blade. DFS/BBS this morning with the Parker Semi-Slant. Deep in the Abysso I found Squiggy's lil brother, Bloop! Bloop came out to play in the Abysso. My favorite soap. Dr. Jon's Flowers in the Dark is about as lavender as I like to get, but it's a keeper for me.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200827.jpg

Thursdays shave 1.jpg

Thursday’s Shave

Today I used my Wolfman SS SB 1.05 razor with a Wizamet blade. The soap is AoS Lavender, tallow formula, with a Maggard 28 mm brush. Today’s aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L’Occitane aftershave balm. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent. A perfect 10/10 shave.

Last edited:
Gillette black handle
Feather blade
Proraso Red Preshave
Whipped Dog Badger
Stirling Lime soap and splash
Florida Water

Anybody ever keep trying to make a blade work and just struggle with it. That is my walk with the Feather blade. I struggle with this blade no matter the razor. It just does not leave me with out some irritation somewhere. I need to just move away but then I see that pack of blades in the cupboard every other month and think I have gotten better and can do it.

Had some blood today. Dots and a weeper. Irritation through out my neck. Rough shave.

6.2/10

KM

IMG_20200827_062750.jpg

Razor's: Adoration Aoc/ Black Jack, Adoration wasn't quite shave ready so finished with the Black Jack a very smooth edge 9
Soap: Weekend at Malibu, came from Stirling Soap when i purchased several brushes they sent 4 sample ends. Soap has a great scent but lacking slickness wanted to stick to the blade. 9
Brush: Stirling Soap blue stripe Boar great backbone and scrubby 10
Aftershave: Thayers Aloe mixture/ Bourbon beard oil
Overall: 9/1020200827_083411.jpg20200827_083527.jpg

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (10; binned it after)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender (shave stick)
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 9.5/10 - Ever have a morning when your just not into it? That was me this morning. I made a so-so lather and couldn't be bothered to fix it, then did the laziest two pass shave ever.

Top Bottom