What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

proxy.php

Razor: Weck Surgical Prep
Blade: Fromm Edge Ahead
Brush: Rubberset 400-4 Synthetic Restore
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Lather Bowl
Soap: Tabac
Pre: Hot Shower

Rating: 10/10

Daily Shave: 06 August 2020

DSCF2200.JPG

• Prep: Lectric Shave
  • Razor: Viking Chieftain
  • Brush: Omega 11126
  • Blade: Gillette 7 O-clock Green Blade #1 Shave #6 and out (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
  • Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- using distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
  • A / S: Old Spice Classic
  • Rating: 7.0 / 10.0 CAS An acceptable shave with a very dull blade.

Pre-shave:- Wrights Coal Tar Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Earthenware pot

Brush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Own brew, grated Palmolive shave stick, KOS gel and Palmolive Shaving Cream

Razor/Blade:- Parker 96R and Zorrick blade (2)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Parker razor is too aggressive for me and Zorrick is a little less than average

5/10

12.03.jpg

Razor: Gillette Fusion Proglide
Blade: Gillette Fusion Proglide
Lather: Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Close pleasant shave.
Fusion has trouble getting under the nose ATG.
One of my travel combos. The Aveeno Shave gel is not available in a small can approved by the TSA.

Rating: 9.4/10

Thursd shave 1.jpg

Thursday’s Shave

Today I used Gillette Red Tip razor with a Lord SS blade for the third shave. The brush is a Shavemac 177 and the soap is Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife. Today’s aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent. A perfect 10 shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Brush: Parker badger
Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Post-Shave: Zingari Man The Wanderer Recovery splash
AS: Zingari Man The Wanderer balm

Another very good shave...day two for the Med Prep blade. Decided to try the same razor and blade combo today. Posted The Wanderer soap yesterday...it was actually The Nomad yesterday. Everything Zingari Man The Wanderer today. Good stuff! Nothing to report. No blood, no problems.

Kit 20200806.jpg

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Another +9.0 shave. I wouldn't have thought that with this blade and razor combo but here I am enjoying the heck out of it.

I enjoy the Lime. I am not sure this EDT is for me. I have tried a couple times and I almost smell like a mechanical grease scent? Like I smell in a machine shop? Weird I know but that's what I get sitting at my desk this morning.

The blade does show its first sign of filling as I found after my 3rd pass and there was a large amount of stubble left compared to normal. A careful cleanup made the face nice and smooth. Couldn't be happier.

9.4/10

KM

IMG_20200806_063856.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Another +9.0 shave. I wouldn't have thought that with this blade and razor combo but here I am enjoying the heck out of it.

I enjoy the Lime. I am not sure this EDT is for me. I have tried a couple times and I almost smell like a mechanical grease scent? Like I smell in a machine shop? Weird I know but that's what I get sitting at my desk this morning.

The blade does show its first sign of filling as I found after my 3rd pass and there was a large amount of stubble left compared to normal. A careful cleanup made the face nice and smooth. Couldn't be happier.

9.4/10

KM

View attachment 1135706

Isn't it strange how you can smell something in the bottle and think...oh...that's nice! And then put it on and think...well...not so much. I've had several experiences like that.

Aug. 6, 2020 - Sharp and Sweet
Mix and matched the scents today but I spent the night dealing with this fussy house guest, which I am also allergic to - resulting in lack of sleep and a stuffed up nose. However, the shave was quite enjoyable.

My second use of the red tip razor - I find it quite similar to the US-Aristocrat Jr. The shave is very smooth and quite mild with the 7 o'clock blade. I think I'm going to stick with this razor for a week or so to find the sweet spot for a good shave. It does not have the bite and blade feel that the UK-AJ has.

LPP is awesome. I installed the atomizer today and gave myself a couple sprays but was actually disappointed because I couldn't smell that much at all. That's when I realized my nose was quite stuffed up - I couldn't really taste my breakfast this morning too. Ah well - still a good scent and I hope my nose clears up through the day so I can enjoy the scent more.

Shave: 9/10

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom