What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Preshave: Hot Towel/ Grooming Lounge Beard Master Shave Oil
Razor: Merkur 15C
Blade: Nacet (3)
Brush: Simpson Emperor 1 Super
Soap: Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel & Aloe Original/GFT Extract of Limes Skin Food/Pinaud Citrus Musk
Rating: 9/10

This was the first shave with Merkur 15C; I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I had researched the razor both here and at various other sites on line; even watched a few videos. The opinions on the razor varied from too mild to middle of the road; a little more aggressive than the 34C, etc…. To me the 15C is more on the mild side versus say a 34C. Now some may consider this a bad thing but I don’t. I got as good a shave from this razor as I get from my 34C or Parker 87R/94R. Is this razor as efficient as the others? Probably not. It did require a little more buffing/cleanup on my problem areas (neck, jaw line). I should note that my neck, like many others here, can be sensitive to excessive buffing. To me this is where this little gem of a razor shines. I had ZERO irritation from the buffing with the 15C; that wouldn’t have been the case with the other razors. I am no longer required to shave daily but should I want to shave every day….. this would be the razor I would choose. I highly recommend this razor to those new to wet shaving as well. Like others have said… it would be hard to cut yourself with this razor. As with anything you read here… this is my opinion and YMMV.

NEW De Luxe
Nacet
Dragonsbeard
Omega Jade Premium
Thayers
Lucky Old Man

8.5 / 10
IMG_3018.jpg

Monday Evening SOTD
  • Pre: Hot shower & TOBS Jermyn St. Pre-Shave Gel
  • Razor: Suavecito
  • Blade: Astra SP (3)
  • Brush: Suavecito Resin Brush 20mm
  • Shaving Soap: La Toja, lathered in Captain’s Choice bowl
  • Aftershave: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter
  • Score: 8.5/10, BBS WTG XTG ATG, one pass each
Nothing changed from Saturday nights shave, equipment wise. Probably could have gone without a shave but wanted to get one in before I go to Portland, ME for work and won’t be back until Wednesday.

A solid shave, however(*), when I was adding water to the lather, the brush fell out and into the sink half-filled with water. 🤦🏼‍♂️ This kinda threw off the whole routine and the lather wasn’t as consistent towards the end of the shave like it was last time. Regardless, still a good shave!

75844400-3DE6-4954-9555-6BCC182D4F73.jpeg
FD0192D3-9440-4020-AA6E-C63498BEB8D9.jpeg

Monday July 13
Ten minute hot shower
Fatip Gold Grande
Feather
Shaving-Brush-Oumo Boar knot 26x80mm, Dscosmetics Blue Ocean Acrylic Handle
Pre-Shave - Wickham Gentle Glycerine Face Soap Cashmere
Wickham’s 1912 Vegetal Shaving Soap Cashmere sample
Osma Alum Block
T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Hyaluranoic Acid
Bull Dog Skin Care Moisturizer
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic

An excellent One Pass ATG face and head shave. It was the second use on the Feather. It had lost a little of it’s smoothness but still delivered a BBS face and a BBS+ head shave. Going forward I will only use a Feather for one shave. Good comfort on this shave 9.5, The first shave on the blade was a 10.

Attachments

• E91A9601-4D6E-485C-A6BA-D27B9DABD2E0.jpeg
    E91A9601-4D6E-485C-A6BA-D27B9DABD2E0.jpeg
    616.9 KB · Views: 4

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor:Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade:Gillette Blue
Brush:Ancient Col. Conk thingy for old times’ sake
Soap:MWF epic fail, washed off. Re start Cella

At least I had the good sense to put some proper lather on my face. I don’t want to get into it on the MWF, I’m grieving on several threads already. Except for the stop and start, a decent shave.
7/10

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Micromatic Monday Shave 20200713
20200713_173440~2.jpg

Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Ted Pella Personna GEM (3)
Brush: @Graydog 'Chubby' w/TNS 26mm Full Moon Knot
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Cologne: Classic Match EdT Spray (clone of Jimmy Choo Man)

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Wonderful Micromatic Monday shave! :)

Tues 14 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Truly top quality soap this Tabac. Thickly creamy and slick lather. More than enough for 4pass. Load from tub & face lather is both easy and pleasurable with the brush
Shave with razor and blade was very smooth...and comfortably sharp! Made a silly mistake and nicked my nose...hahaha it's not even a shave area.
3+1 multiple passes and saw 2 tiny red dots at neck area...dang! Just when I thought is could be perfect. Very close results though. Ice water rinse followed by Thayers and Hyaluronic then AV Musk. So soft snd smooth feel. 9/10
Much better and smoother blade than yesterday's SMax Platinum Plus...
20200713_233619.jpg

20200714_075442.jpg

Razor: Yaqi Beast (First time. This razor is very aggressive but not efficient. This razor rather digs my face than shaves, although I am a regular user of R41 and Ikon Tech which are of my top razors.).
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Yaqi 24 silvertip
Soap: Mint Ice Menthol
Aftershave: Meissner / Dark Limes

WTG---->XTG----> 7.5/10.0. Not a pleasant shave, due to razor.

Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star H-R14B Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM Carbon Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 9.5
View attachment 1125171
I would eat an Arko shave stick for that razor!

A 24-hour beard as opposed to my usual 48 (Why? Because I can!)

'53 Super Speed razor; Personna Lab Blue blade (2)

Trumper's Almond Cream

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Stirling SDM aftershave, no-name skin lotion, Clubman powder

Showered; cool water shave, one pass on cheeks and lower lip, two on throat. Not as superb a shave as with a 48-hour beard, but clean and comfortable. 9.0.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for men charcoal face wash
- Clinique for men face scru
- Nuage Menthol Pre-Shave Oil
- Real Shaving Company Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Hawkins and Brimble Elemi and Ginseng aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Super + Platinum (crystal stainless) (1)
- Omega 5014

Shave Rating: 7.5/10

Ended up shaving last night with a host of "first times". First time DE shaving while travelling, first time using the Omega 5014, first time with a Crystal Stainless blade and first time face lathering. The brush and face lathering went well, currently in the Cairngorms so there's excellent quality soft water which helps (brush still needs to softener up a touch though). The Crystal Stainless gave a weird first shave, it feels quite sharp but lacking in smoothness. Despite not feeling very smooth, the end result was a close shave with no irritation or feedback from the Alum (what I would expect from a smooth shaving blade).

Daily Shave: 14 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-14

DSCF2174.JPG

Prep
: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #3) Shave #5 and out 2 passes + buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using distilled water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Post: Rinsed face, followed up with a Witch Hazel wipe down.
Rating: 9.0 / 10.0 DFS A good shave, but the blade was tugging and dragging, so it was ‘banked’ and on to a fresh blade for tomorrow.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Soap: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
Brush: Je&Co Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Fatip Nobile Tuxedo
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
AS: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum

In a word...perfect! The Fatip is a very mild razor, but it still gets the job done. Felt so good I made multiple passes over irritated areas and it didn't even upset them. I think this razor with the Personna Lab Blue blade is a good combination (scribbles down note to self). And if all that isn't good enough...Barrister and Mann Bay Rum smells fantastic!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200714.jpg

Rating: 10/10
Soap: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
Brush: Je&Co Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Fatip Nobile Tuxedo
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
AS: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum

In a word...perfect! The Fatip is a very mild razor, but it still gets the job done. Felt so good I made multiple passes over irritated areas and it didn't even upset them. I think this razor with the Personna Lab Blue blade is a good combination (scribbles down note to self). And if all that isn't good enough...Barrister and Mann Bay Rum smells fantastic!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

View attachment 1125475
How do you like the brush you are the first person here I have seen using a Je&Co brush?

J.R. Torrey Co.
Chiseled Face/Zoologist Macaque
19mm Rubberset S1
Miller Strop

20200714_085237.jpg

took the day off to begin putting in bamboo flooring. very nice soap collaborated with zoologistperfumes.com.
would absolutley love to purchase some of their scents but in my world that's on the high end of $$$.

be well all.

10/10

camo

Top Bottom