What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Saturday Evening SOTD
(Please forgive the long post but this shave was a ton of fun...)
  • Pre: Hot shower & TOBS Jermyn St. Pre-Shave Gel (smells AMAZING imo)
  • Razor: Suavecito
  • Blade: Astra SP (2)
  • Brush: Suavecito Resin Brush 20mm
  • Shaving Soap: La Toja, lathered in Captain Choice bowl
  • Aftershave: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter
10/10 shave, BBS WTG XTG ATG. Absolutely amazing. Mind you I started wet shaving a couple months ago but WOW. Tonight’s was spectacular for a few reasons...

1) The soap. I’m sold on La Toja. I lathered in the Captain Choice bowl and it whipped up extremely quick. I was a bit worried when I first applied it to my face and it went on alarmingly dry. That was easily taken care of by dabbing the brush in water a few times. Amazing slickness, cushion, and protection. May be my favorite...

2) The bowl. I don’t know if the grooves in the CC bowl brought out everything La Toja offered but I could definitely tell the difference in agitation in this bowl vs. the smooth surface of the Suavecito mug.

3) TOBS Jermyn St. Pre-Shave Gel offered worlds better protection on my face than the Suavecito pre-shave (I know, sounds obvious hah)

Again sorry for the long post, for those who read, but damn that was a fun one.

72D8F176-7D45-406B-BCC6-5ACEE8192849.jpeg
7382DD5A-E939-4DDF-9AC9-E6020663DDFC.jpeg

Sun 12 SOTD
Soap TFS Tabacum Crepito
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Parker 26C Open Comb
Blade Wizamet Iridium Super 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Soap with mild scent of almond. Face lathering with brush is nice and produces a good head. Slickness was ok.
Shave with razor paired with blade feels smooth and comfortable as if no blade but somehow it bites today on the chin area. Rare to have multiple weepers from this mild razor. 3 multiple passes enough. Between bbs to dfs. Somehow this blade is not as good as Polsilver but not final outcome as yet. Rating today 8/10
20200712_100716.jpg

20200712_104130.jpg

Daily Shave: 12 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-12

DSCF2171.JPG

Prep
: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #3) Shave #3 2 passes + buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using distilled water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Post: Rinsed face, followed up with a Witch Hazel wipe down.
Rating: 8.5 / 10.0 DFS+ An okay good shave with only a few tiny weepers what feels like a dulling / dragging blade. I will replace blade tomorrow if no improvement.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8/10
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street cream
Brush: Fendrihan Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS .68 scalloped head and base w/Blackland Dart handle
Blade: Astra SP (2)
AS: Captain's Choice Nor'Easter

Happy to be shaved, but I should have ended the experiment with the Astra SP after one shave. Alas...what can you do? S'ok...hope springs eternal and tomorrow morning I will shave again! Much neck irritation and a minor nick...very little blood. Will be leaving the irritated area alone for a couple of days.

Happy Shaves , Everyone!

Kit 20200712.jpg

Filarmonica 13
Caswell-Massey No.6
24mm Graydog Boar
Miller Strop
Pinaud Clubman

20200712_101439.jpg

I'm trying to remain objective. best blade I've ever honed. best blade to ever to touch my face. extraordinarily smooth feeling steel. the only question I have was.... is it the razor or changing to a kuromaku 12k? time will tell shortly with the other razors.

usually dont post lather pics but was extremely satisfied with this mornings bucket.

20200712_100416.jpg

nice soap from a company that's been around since 1752. awesomeness all around this morn. FWIW, the wife was actually a little scared of this blade.

be well all.

11/10 (yes, mine goes to eleven!)

camo

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Schick Sunday shave,July 12th 2020- The Schick 500 injector with hydro-magic is my longest safety razor in my rotation measuring 5 3/8 inches in length. A unisex razor that anyone in the family can use IMO for reaching those tough areas.

Razor: Schick Golden 500 injector hydro magic - Mfg 1957-64
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector
Soap: Razorock blue barber "what the puck"
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm synthetic brown whiskers- great lathering brush with those soft tips I enjoy!
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with Cerave hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Schick golden 500 injector + hydro magic razor.
Schick Sunday shave, July 12th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick G6 injector razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Absolutely a ten!
PSX_20200711_090938.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Clinique for men exfoliating tonic
- Nuage Menthol Pre-Shave Oil
- Proraso Green

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Baylis and Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Treet Platinum (4)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 6.7/10
Fourth shave with a Treet Platinum today and soon more lost ground to the GSB and 7 O'Clock Yellow. Sharpness again starting to lack and some irritation on my neck. Its probably sitting just below 7 O'Clock Yellows and on par with GSB's based on its initial performance.

Top Bottom