What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

all good things there! nice barber hone, scuttle, and razor!!!!

camo
Thanks! the world has been so uncertain these days that I made the decision to stop waiting and treat myself to a few Dream items. It took being stuck 3000 miles from home for the last three months to finally get to that point hahahaha

Today's shave 3 days of growth

Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 4 & 3
Blade: Polsilver si
Brush: Razorock plisoft 24mm
Pre shave: Tobs jermyn street gel
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Aftershave: Proraso white

9/10
20200710_124619.jpg

Daily Shave: 10 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-10

DSCF2169.JPG

Prep
: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #3) Shave #1 2 passes + minimal buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using distilled water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Post: Rinsed face, followed up with a Witch Hazel wipe down.
Rating: 10.0 / 10.0 BBS Superb 1st shave with a new blade! No nicks or weepers, and only minimal stubble.

Fri 10 SOTD
Soap Arko
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Pearl OC with Yaqi Handle
Blade Polsilver 11th use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water Rinse + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
King of slickness is this Arko. Lather not as thick but still creamy. Scent pleasant.
Shave with long ignored razor paired with blade cuts through nicely but razor feels a bit rough. Interestingly, blade feel is very smooth. 3+1 multiple passes with no weepers nor irritation. Good close shave...bbs to dfs. Icy water rinse really feels way better than alum. Followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and AV Musk...feels super nice and soft. Rating 9.3/10
20200709_231745.jpg

20200710_074054.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
Brush: Parker badger
Razor: Timeless SS .68 scalloped head and base w/Blackland Dart handle
Blade: Astra SP (1)
AS: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic & WSP Cedar Citron

I popped in an Astra SP last night with the intent to see how it performed in my Timeless. I had abandoned the blade for better ones. Astra SP was the first blade I used when I started wet shaving. It performed ok...not bad...not great. I am going to keep it in and shave with it tomorrow. One very small minor weeper on my lower neck. The blade tugged ever so slightly which, to me, means it is lacking a bit in sharpness. That should get better with subsequent shaves as the coating wears off. Goodfellas' Smile Abysso is one of my favorite soaps, for me the scent is out of this world, and the lather was abundant and good as usual. Very easy to create a lot of quality lather with this soap.

Point off was for weeper and tuggy blade.

Kit 20200710.jpg

Razor: Timeless Aluminum ALSB45
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Green Permasharp Stainless (2)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Omega 011842 Connaught Premium Jade
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Shave/Result: 3 WTG pass shave for a DFS+.
Jade was fantastic whipping up the lather with the FAT today. The “FAT Jade” combo today was mind boggling good, none of the often mentioned Wool Fat crazy procedures or issues...just thick, comfy, Uber slick lather. Then a nice Friday finish with the Clubman. 10/10 just a perfect way to start the day. Have a great day, Tim
74E8B18D-019B-46D7-9D53-FDCA5713B7F4.jpeg

Fridays shave 2.jpg

Friday's Shave
Today's soap is Haslinger Coconut, the tallow version. When Haslinger changed its formula I bought some extra soap and I am glad I did. This soap is mildly scented but an excellent performer. The brush is a big boy: Maggard's 28 mm synthetic. The razor: a Wolfman WR 2 SS SB 1.05 with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. The aftershave is my usual Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. The fragrance is Yves Saint Laurent.

A perfect 10 shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, July 10th 2020

Razor: One blade core Version 2- Mfg 2018> excellent 3 pass daily driver IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified(6) Excellent blade in all aspects of a SE blade.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- Mild scent with great lather qualities that I enjoy, excellent cost.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic black marble handle- great lathering brush in all aspects.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave:Pinaud Clubman with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results:9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Oneblade core version 2.

SE SOTD, Fri, July 10th 2020 (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Grated up La Toja sticks. I think I underloaded the brush, and over hydrated too quickly this morning causing the lather to break a bit. Still had nice slickness and no irritation. Man do I love the scent, I can't think of a cleaner scent in all of wet shaving! It paired well with the WK splash. 8/10
IMG_0707.jpg

Friday lunchtime shave
Who doesn’t like a half day when you’ve worked from home in the morning?

5950B4AD-D423-4969-B050-997CE70A87B1.jpeg

Three new products used today.
Razor: Fatip Classic Grande (new)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Brush: Razorock Snowman
Soap: Goodfellas’ Smile - Pino Alpestre (new)

The Fatip felt very smooth paired with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword. The pictures online do the handle justice. Goodfellas’ Smile Pino Alpestre has a nice woody, slightly herbal scent and performs as well as the others I own. Razorock Blue Barbershop was a worthy purchase as well and a perfect way to finish a very satisfying 10/10 shave.

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC2 Single Edge razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10
20200709_091944.jpg

Top Bottom