What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: Eleven Lime and Basil
Brush: Semogue Pegasus Boar
Razor: Shield Ti Predator
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)
Post-Shave: AION Skincare Nourishing Balm
Rating: Just okay
20240403SOTDa.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: 24K Gold Plated Brass Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bay Rum
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: AP Shave Co Sand Ebonite Handle 24mm G5A Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Stirling Bay Rum AS
Rating: 9.5/10 An efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, one weeper, no cuts or irritation. Reopened one of yesterday's weepers. Still was a very good shave.

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cella Red
Brush: Perfecto Badger
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (3)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman After Shave
Rating: 9.8/10

This was simply a wonderful shave. Frankly, no further explanation is needed!

proxy.php

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Wednesday’s shave. No photo today.
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer 68.
Blade: Lord extra 1st use.
Soap: Taconic Urban Woods.
Brush: Semogue 1305 badger.
Preshave: Hot rag.
Postshave: Thayers witch hazel, PAA Rabid Banana aftershave , Proraso white balm.
Alum feedback: face-very low, neck-low.
Smooth: 9.0
Close: 8.8
Soap: 8.0

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Hardware
RazorEdwin Jagger DE89
BladeTreet Dura-Sharp [4]
BrushSemogue Pegasus Boar

Software
PrePAA Cube
LatherCatie’s Bubbles ’95 Liquid Labels (Sample) [4]
PostClubman Special Reserve

Rating
8 / 10

Notes
Catie's looks unlikely to take a long-term spot in my rotation, after I exhaust this sample.

What do you think of the Pegasus boar, so far?
I wasn't able to whip up a lather like I get with sync/badger brushes. I actually needed to hit the soap again after the second pass to generate some more suds. I guess that will get better with use. I did a couple of palm lathers last night and a bit of towel work. Looks like the hairs have already started to split and I'm pretty pleased with the feel of the bristles. Definitely softer than my Shavemac 2 Band when it was new. I've been thinking about picking up a boar for some time. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. The Pegasus in boar should be in every boar lover's den.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, April 3rd 2024

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72 razor head with a Yaqi handle. Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC with interesting concave corners. I mostly receive excellent shaves using the Lupo.72 and with a fresh blade it is easier. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Permasharp India (1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Gillette Pure Cream. Nice unique clean scented lather with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather.
Brush : Yaqi "Robin" 24mm boar boar brush. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish countryside splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 razor with a fresh Permasharp.
SOTD April 3 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Date03.04.2024
366 daily shaves
094/366

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette NEW RFBDurable Sharp Titanium (3)Abe’s Brush Works Smokey Bandit
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (76)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.5/10
(DFS+++)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes:

Summary. In the end an excellent shave with a mild yet ultimately effective razor. Another superb brush by my dad!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
nice handle Guido!
congratulations to Mr @lasta very nice handles...I have to steal at least one :c1:

April 3, 2024 Wednesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush: Reknotted Paladin
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

This hurried up three pass shave was surprisingly good. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.
The Overlander continues to deliver exceptional shaves with no drama.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

I wasn't able to whip up a lather like I get with sync/badger brushes. I actually needed to hit the soap again after the second pass to generate some more suds. I guess that will get better with use. I did a couple of palm lathers last night and a bit of towel work. Looks like the hairs have already started to split and I'm pretty pleased with the feel of the bristles. Definitely softer than my Shavemac 2 Band when it was new. I've been thinking about picking up a boar for some time. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. The Pegasus in boar should be in every boar lover's den.
Very nice, glad to hear it. The break in does take a while, but once it turns that corner a good boar brush is a wonderful thing.

D3F6B2C2-7AED-4533-A94E-A5483617FF3B.JPG

Pre: Stirling Mentholated
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor: SLOC
Blade: Rhinoceros XR (2)
Lather: Stirling Mediterranean Man
Post Shave: Brut Oceans
Post Shave: Thayers Milky Toner
9.9/10

Nothing much to complain about. This was my second use of the Rhinoceros XR blade from Aliexpress. It seems to be very easy to use blade.

DAY SIX: THE “deadly dart”

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: feather (1)
Soap and A/S: Grooming Dept Coconut & Rum
Cologne: Acqua di gio Profundo
Shave score: 9.75/10

Shave Notes:
Day six….. today is all business ….a lot of in person meetings and it’s a long work day today. I got up early and did a slow three pass shave with the dart/feather combo. Result was almost a perfect bbs.
I had always heard most people pair up an aggressive razor with a mild or medium sharp blade. That is what I have done. This razor wants a sharp blade. My best shaves are with a feather and Bic. Tomorrow will be a Kai. It will conclude a 7 day use of the beast.

Top Bottom