What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wednesday Evening Shave

• Pre: Hot shower & Suavecito Premium Blends Pre-Shave
  • Razor: Suavecito
  • Blade: Astra SP (fresh blade)
  • Brush: Suavecito Resin Brush 20mm
  • Soap/Cream: TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream
  • A/S: Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood
  • Score: 9/10 BBS WTG/XTG/ATG. Lather cooked up nicely. Excellent combination of slickness and cushion. I’m partial to pucks but I look forward to using TOBS shaving cream whenever I get the chance. Easy to lather up and it stays with me the entire shave.

FCDE90B1-54CD-4E0F-84F2-C64EF25C9FE4.jpeg
    B7266C56-581E-4A40-803A-4145372BE8BA.jpeg

48-hour beard

Postwar fat-handle Tech with a new Feather blade

PAA Atmotic soap

APShaveCo Synth tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, no-name skin lotion, Clubman powder

Shower, a bit of Trumper's Almond cream as a pre-shave, then the Atmotic. Two passes on cheeks and lower lip, three on throat. No irritation and a close shave which confirms that there is nothing like a Tech. 9.5

Thu 9 SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum 1st use!!
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 10th use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
The moment I open the Soap lid...wow! Love the BayRum scent. The scent strength is exactly how I like it. The room filled with BayRum. Use my best Synthetic to load from tub for 30secs then bowl lather adding water slowly. Wow...what a thick...thick creamy lather! Slick too...not very slick. Good scent throughout the shave.
Shave with slant razor paired with this excellent blade was smooth and comfortable and still as sharpish. 3+1 multiple passes...very close results. Should be satisfied with 3 passes and the extra buffing caused 1 weeper...against a BBS result...hahahaha.
Icy water rinse settled the weeper followed by cooling Thayers and soothed by Hyaluronic & Reuzel.
9.5/10 today. Enjoyed the excellent BayRum shave!! Gotta get myself a BayRum AS...
20200708_234910.jpg

20200709_082716.jpg

Daily Shave: 09 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-09

DSCF2168.JPG

Prep
: Shower and then a face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #2) Shave #4 and out 2 passes + minimal buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using distilled water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.0 / 10.0 DFS A good shave, but blade felt dull; ‘banked’ it and on to #3.

Thursday shave 2.jpg

Thursday’s Shave

Today I used my Timeless SS .68 razor with a Personna Lab blade for the12th shave. The soap is GD Mallard RC. The brush is a Shavemac 28 mm synthetic. I did my usual four-pass shave on my face and two-pass on my head. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and L’Occitane aftershave balm. The fragrance was GFT Sandalwood. An excellent shave: 10.

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Voshkod (2)
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 🐗
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (Non Tallow)
AS: Mennen Skin Bracer
Shave/Result: 3 WTG pass shave, no irritation, weepers, or blood letting. I’m enjoying the 3 WTG pass shave for its solid results and how easy it is on my skin. 10/10, super comfortable and a solid DFS.
The Torga C5 continues to break in. I definitely appreciate the knot density and it felt great working with the Schafmilch which produced the normal creamy & slick lather. Have a great day, Tim
4C3A1CA3-4A5A-4B35-9006-087DD74DD89C.jpeg

Dont use Seagull Blades....

A coworker is moving out his house and his wife was doing some cleaning. They found thick tuck of blades in a cabinet. He is a fellow DE shaver and he tried one and then wanted me to try one. He may not be considered a friend anymore. I made a very uncomfortable first pass and I don't think anybheair came off. Some may have been pulled out, but none cut.

So I tossed the blade foe a fresh Personna Red. Life is better now. This soap is going to take a very high seat in my list of soaps. A full pick will probably be ordered. So universal. Great GREAT lather. Awesome feeling face. I grabbed the Clubman today. Not heavy but just a dash. I missed it. Some balm because it hasn't been used in a while and I come back with a very nice shave.

8.7/10

KM

IMG_20200709_063154.jpg
IMG_20200709_063213.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Soap: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar
Razor: Timeless SS .68 scalloped head and base w/Blackland Dart handle
Blade: Derby Usta (3)
AS: Barrister and Mann Seville

No problems, nick, cuts or irritation. Very good shave! The Wanderer and Seville is a good combo.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200709.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, July 9th 2020

Razor: Star bar Lather catcher model#4(Kampfee Brothers NY)- Mfg 1919- Excellent shaves usually from this great lather catcher. Milder mid range IMO, I'm very happy with this purchase.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) Great blade, very sharp, good longevity, excellent cost, smooths out nicely, predictable wear 95 % of the time with no drama.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- great mild scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 synthetic- great all around brush that has natural boar brush feel with out the scritch IMO.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Kampfee brothers Star bar#4!

SE SOTD- Thursday July9th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Shake Sharp
Blade: Treet Carbon Steel
Brush: Henri et Victoria: High Mountain White Badger 22mm
Lather: Stirling Glacial Obsidian
Aftershave: Stirling: Margaritas in the Arctic
4EC1C8E9-4149-489F-B5E8-F74AEB94F514.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Shake Shake Shake...Shake Your Booty... No No No...Shake Your “Shake Sharp”!
A really cool razor from the forties that takes full sized double edge blades but only exposes one single edge for shaving. If you shake it back and forth, it sharpens the blade while you shave. Kind of like playing the maracas. Keep your blade sharp while listening to Xavier Cugat.
51F885E2-D674-4C55-97D2-74E465E86BA2.jpeg

46A50009-2AFE-4C95-AB91-79C9F12DF633.jpeg

For continuity sake I used a Treet Carbon blade. An absolutely smooth and flawless shave. Took me right down to the hardwood with no sense of blade on skin. My alum block totally agrees.
FREEZE...not the police!
The temperatures here have been pushing 100°F for over a week With nasty humidity, so I waited for the post girl to deliver my Stirling “Glacial Obsidian“ shaving soap. Wow. Liquorice with menthol so super cold my eyes were watering. Felt great. I topped it off with “Margaritas in the Arctic” splash and am ready for the heat. Even as I write this, I’m sitting outside my cafe and my face still feels cool and fresh.

Top Bottom