What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wed 8 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Blue BarberShop
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 9th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman GentsGin
Getting use to this Soap/Croap scent. Regardless...the lather result is absolute creamy & thick...wow! Good slickness too...gotta work on it with the brush in the bowl and add+++ water...
Shave with this slant have so far been great and paired with this blade on 9th use...still as smooth and comfortable!!
Still as sharp with no tug nor skip. Amazing blade! 3+1 multiple passes without issues. Icy water rinse + Thayers + Hyaluronic postshave & top-off with GentsGin makes this a great session. 9.5 rating!
20200707_232036.jpg

20200708_075553.jpg

Wed shave 1.jpg

Wednesday’s Shave

Coldwater shave today since the water heater is out. I went with Grooming Dept. Magnolia soap today. I used my Graydog Synthetic boar brush. The razor is a Wolfman SS SB WR2 1.05 mm razor loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. Today’s aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent. A perfect 10 shave.

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Voshkod (1)
Brush: Semogue Butterscotch SOC Boar
Cream: Cella Extra Extra Bio
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Shave/Result: 3 WTG pass shave a relaxing way to start the day. 9.5/10 (no cuts, irritation, weepers, or problems.)
Cella Extra Extra Bio was outstanding as usual. I love this stuff.
The Butterscotch SOC is coming along nicely, already pretty soft, makes great lather, hogs some of the lather...the journey of the Boar.
Have a great day, Tim
67EF4D82-6730-4277-A95E-F369E375D409.jpeg

My second attempt of using this soap. I have liked SDM from Stirling, it is actually my favorite scent of theirs. This glacial option to me is very intense. I like it though. I had to get after some areas with my clean up pass resulting in 3 red spots. Post shave 3 hours and my face feels just awesome though. No irritation at all.

This was day 3 or 4 but I think it was the last on the Feather, and probably rotate the razor out as well.

8.2/10

KM

IMG_20200708_063513.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE, SOTD, Wed, 2020

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant- Mfg 2017, great razor, mild touch good technique delivers excellent shaves.
Blade: Personna red(5) excellent DE blade, sharp and smooth good cost per shave if that matters.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers synthetic, great brush, reasonable back bone, soft tips, good scrub.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scent great lather qualities for protection and post shave IMO.
Pre shave:brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
Post shave:Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Results:9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated minor irritation+ no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar Slant.

DE SOTD, Wed, July 8th, 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10.
20200202_100412.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Feather
Brush: Omega Boar
Pre: Cremo
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood

Tried Cremo as a pre shave after reading about it in a post. Shave was good, but not noticeably better than my regular routine. Didn’t care for the harsh orange smell. TOBS Sandalwood took care of that. I also think I prefer Nivea Men Sensitive to the Clinique. Decent shave.
7/10

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Shower including hair conditioner on face​
First pass WTG​
Second Pass ATG/XTG​
Rockwell 6S #4​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4,5)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: ACRIMAX Badger​
Soap: Col Conk Amber Glycerine​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 9.9/10 DFS BBS

proxy.php

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200708
20200708_162358~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Brush: OMEGA Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Soap: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Post Shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale delivers another outstanding performance!

Excellent shave! :)

Top Bottom