What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Razorock GC68-P
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: VDH Luxury
Post shave: Alum block

One nick (user error). No irritation. No itching.
Very pleasant and smooth shave.
Sharp and smooth blade.

Rating: 9.4/10

Wednesday Daily Shave: 01 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-01

DSCF2157.JPG

Prep
: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #1)
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using rain water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 10.0 /10.0 BBS This was my first shave with a Feather in this razor. The result was a very smooth shave, with no stubble. I only had one weeper from planning off a puppy nip scab.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9/10
Soap: Cella Almond (red container)
Brush: Fendrihan Badger
Razor: Fatip Nobile Tuxedo
Blade: Derby Usta (2)
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Good shave today, a couple of minor weepers caused by the driver being overzealous. I am finding that the Derby Usta is good for two to three shaves before having to replace. Anyway, that's my mileage...YMMV. Cella is a dream...lathers quickly and abundantly, quality creamy rich lather that provides plenty of slickness...smells like cherry/almond to boot!

Bootlegger's Bay Rum is like the cherry on top.

Happy Shaves!

Kit 20200701.jpg

I have been on an unscented soap hunt. I did a trial with Williams and that kinda prompted this. I purchased 3 or so unscented from Stirling. So far of the two I have tried I like Electric Sheep more. It make my face feel different. I may have to venture down a mutton tallow journey at some point. Fresh Yellow in the 40's style SS today. Some Nick's with the new blade. My face does that with fresh blades sometimes. Nothing some cold water didn't handle.

8.2/10

KM

IMG_20200701_062913.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Clinique for men exfoliating tonic
- Nuage Men pre-shave with menthol
- The Real Shaving Company Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- L'Occitane Cap Cedrat Gel-Cream After-Shave
- Jack Black Double Duty SPF Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Gillette 7 Silver Blue (2)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 7.5/10
Second shave with a GSB. Much better shave than its first outing. Sharp and smooth (although possibly not as smooth as the 7 O'Clock Yellow was on shave 2). Nice close shave with no real irritation or feedback from the alum block (other than areas that were still a bit irritated from its last outing). Minimal tugging on final XTG/ATG pass leaving BBS cheeks. Although I don't think it was quite as smooth as the 7 O'Clock Yellow it felt a touch sharper.

Wed Shave Red.jpg

Today's shave starts off with Grooming Dept.'s Asinus soap with a B&B Essential Boar Brush. The razor is my Wolfman SS SB WR2 1.05 loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. After my four pass shave, the aftershave was some Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. The fragrance was GFT Sandalwood which I need to replace soon.

A good shave. 10/10.

Shave 20200630
View attachment 1119947
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Silver Star (6)
Brush: Mondial 1908 Boar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Cologne: @OkieStubble Bootlegger's El Dorado

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ (very close to BBS) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale impresses me more and more with each shave. Incredible razor.

Close, comfortable, effortless - a pleasure from start to finish. :)

Wonderful shave! :)

I have a Mondial Boar (Antica Barberia version) arriving on Saturday, looking forward to use it once I get it prepped!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wed, July 1st 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic open comb, Bumpless variant-Mfg 1930-32 excellent mid> range razor.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, very sharp, longevity, cost effective, very predictable blade IMO.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- great scent and good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi timberwolf whiskers 24mm synthetic- very good brush to bowl lather and excellent brush qualities,soft tips
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gem MMOC bumpless razor.

SOTD Wed July1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Timeless Aluminum ALSB45
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar 🐗
Cream: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter
AS: Mennen Skin Bracer
Shave/Result: 3 pass (2 WTG and 1 ATG) for a BBS. BBS is easier to achieve as I’m growing out a Goatee so my problem area (chin and just under chin-jawline area) don’t require shaving. The CC Nor’Easter and Semogue 830 are a personal favorite pairing for me, the soft tips, splay, and great cream provide a rich, slick lather that feels and performs great. Have a great day, Tim
C959D3D8-4DBC-454B-A520-BD95EA7574AE.jpeg

Razor: Gillette ball end Tech, nickel plated, with diamond Gillette logo on top cap, 1957
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (2)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Cella, red tub
Rating: 8.5

This morning's shave on two and a half days of growth. Difficult near-BBS after a WTG/XTG/ATG shave with lots of buffing needed for stubble cleanup. No irritation, but two nicks.

Shave #2 with this Feather blade was unimpressive; it appears to have lost all its sharpness already.

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (9; getting near the end of it's time)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Peppermint & Rosemary
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 9/10 - Had several days of growth and probably should have used my NEW SC. Got a little irritation on my neck.

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet - 2
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Lather: TABAC
Aftershave: TABAC
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Hyaluronic Acid/Every Man Jack Face Lotion
9.5/10 BBS
Shave70120.jpg

Great razor! Great soap! Great shave! 3 pass BBS. What else could I ask for?

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Rating 10
20200119_085911.jpg