What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

D23916D1-49C3-4F69-9450-A23CBC62A48C.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: DG Dirtyver
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (1st use)
Brush: Razorock 400 anodized aluminum

9.5/10

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200604
shave 20200604_111656.jpg

Razor: Stahly w/RR Ti Halo Handle
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (1)
Brush: PAA 26mm Atomic Rocket
Soap: Fine Aquamarine
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Fine Aquamarine
Cologne: Bath & Body Works Midnight

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

I did not even attempt to use the stock, battery powered handle on the Stahly. Used with the RR Ti Halo Handle, the Stahly is nicely balanced and produced a really nice, smooth and comfortable shave. This is really a cool little razor. I will be shaving with the Stahly again!

Excellent shave!

Razor: 1940s Gillette SS
Blade: Sputnik (5)
Brush: Omega 10104
Soap: Stirling's Island Man Shave Soap
After Shave: Chagrin Valley Lime AS Balm
Rating: 9+

Day five with the sputnik blade and Im convinced it should join the seven or eight other blades i
have in my top five category. Also day one with the Omega 10104 (green handle) that showed up in my
mailbox this morning quite unexpectadly. Must have been sleep shopping a few weeks ago because I truly
forgot i ordered it. Nice sized handle for my hand, good backbone, mildly funky, what's not to like ?

Now about this sputnik ive been playing with all week. I got it from tryablade and only got two of them. So
after a week I went looking to purchase more of these in larger quantity and cannot find the blades with the same marking as on my blades. My two blades say 'sputnik' in cyrllic where others say 'teflon coated'. Does anyone know whether there's a difference between the two ? I did buy a tuck of the blades that say teflon coated and ill try one soon.

Ok back to the shave - It was great. Easy DFS and the blade is still good to go though I will move on the the next one because I have a feeling that sputz will stay with me another week if I let it. Next one up is a Bolzano and I ain't waitin another week :)

Here's a pic of both blades. Again the one that does not say 'teflon coated' is what ive been using all week.

2020-06-04_SOTD.JPG

Razor: Razorock GC68-P
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Williams Modern Mug Soap
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Protective Aftershave Liquid Cream
Additional Care:
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Astringent

No cuts or nicks. Mild irritation from shaving too soon.
Very close shave. Modern Williams lives up to it’s reputation. Black ice slick and dissipating lather. :thumbup:

Rating: 9.3/10

Daily Shave: 05 June 2020

DSCF2120.JPG

Razor
: Viking Chieftain

Prep: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Persona (# 3 and out) 2.5 passes
Soap Proraso (Green + Red mixed) (distilled water)
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 8.0 / 10.0 CCS A basic shave with dulling blade—my Personna blades don’t seem to last very long.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
[IMG alt="JCarr"]https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/data/avatars/m/127/127338.jpg?1586461200[/IMG]
JCarr

Rating: 9.5/10 - Only because I really wanted to use my Timeless again, but had loaded a blade for testing that I wanted to get out of the way. Otherwise...very good shave.
Soap: The Goodfellas' Smile Abysso (First outing with this soap. Intriguing aquatic scent which. Quality lather poured off of it! I would get this soap again and will be looking at this producer's product line a little closer.)
Brush: Parker badger
Razor: Fatip Nobile
Blade: Eddison Stainless - day 1 (Performed well. This would be another blade that I would consider in the future. Manufactured in Israel.)
AS: Colonel Conk Bay Rum (My 2nd favorite barbershop scent. Go figure!)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Yes, it is quite heavy but very smooth. Are you using a 4 inch handle with it?

Yes, it's the longer handle. They had a plaid handle that was being discontinued...was a little less money, but I liked the look of it. It's 3.9? inches in length.

Fridays shave.jpg

Friday’s Shave

Going with GD Asinus Soap today. The brush was my Shavemac 28mm synthetic. The razor was my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 with a Personna Medical Prep blade. After a four-pass shave, I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L’Occitane ASB. After my shower, some Jimmy Choo Intense Man cologne. Great 10/10 shave.

Razor: Timeless Aluminum ALSB45
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter
AS: Pinaud Clubman (It is Friday...yeah!)
Shave/Result: 2 pass WTG and ATG for a DFS. Just a great shave today. Here are some observations from my point of view: 1) The combo of the lite and efficient ALSB45 with a sharp blade is a thing of beauty! No irritation, super smooth, great results. 2) The CC Nor’Easter is great, it’s slickness combined with the pairing in #1 is perfect. Great recovery shave after my stupid technical mistake yesterday. Have a great day and enjoy your weekend.
Tim
58280786-28B5-4FBE-875D-192C7A579F00.jpeg

Top Bottom