What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: 1940s Gillette SS
Blade: Sputnik (1)
Brush: Omega 40033
Soap: SSC Island Man
Bowl: Yep
After Shave: PAA John Frum
Rating: 9.0

First time with a Sputnik and maybe too early to know but so far I'm impressed. Easily got a DFS with one and a half passes, and now we'll see how many quality shaves it will yield and whether or to what extent the blade characteristics change over subsequent shaves. The half pass is the atg i normally perform on my neck so as to sufficiently reduce the whiskers that have a multidirectional growth pattern that can become mildly annoying whilst faceterbating throughout the day.

Cheers

Cream: Geo F Trumper Rose, 1st shave
Brush: El Gordito Dos Manchuriano
Blade: Lab Blue, 3rd shave
Razor: ATT Windsor H
AS: Alum and C. Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
9 out of 10.
Observations: I like the scent of a rose, but both tries with rose scented shaving creams and soaps (MdC) left me a little flat for different reasons - the MdC performed brilliantly but the scent wasn’t there, and the Trumpers has the scent but the performance was nothing special. Very little feedback from the alum block. Near BBS. Hope you and yours are well.
BB2BBC9A-B9C4-4506-977B-23BCD4AD7E17.jpeg

8116DAF0-940D-4EF3-91B4-BB8871132150.jpeg

I was determined to give the King C Gillette razor and blade a second go. Enjoyed the shave as much as the one I had with them earlier in the week.

Pre: Shower, Boots Cucumber Facial Wash & Facial Scrub
Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: King C Gillette (2)
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Soap: Scottish Fine Soaps - Vetiver & Sandalwood
Post: Fine Snake Bite & Lab Series Pro All in One Face Hydrating Gel

Overall: 9.5/10 (half a point deducted because as much as the soap is excellent and performs well, I prefer the scent of others in my collection).

Bonus product in the photo is my ASDA navy blue hair comb, which I use to help get straight sideburns with!

The Wilkinson Sword Classic brush was my first brush. I haven’t used it as much for the last few years but nice to dig out every now and then. The King C razor and blade worked very well today and the razor was a pleasure to use again.

Sunday May 31
Gold Grande
Voskhod (3)
Zenith Chubby Scrubby Boar B27 - 28mm x 55mm
RazoRock Pre - Shave Soap - Charcoal Lime
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Osma Alum Block (new first use)
Hyaluranoic Acid
Thayers Aloe Vera Witch Hazel
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Getting to know my beautiful Gold Grande. Face and head shave smooth BBS+.
10+

Attachments

• B1C294E0-56B2-4572-A58C-CD17EAD2AEA3.jpeg
    B1C294E0-56B2-4572-A58C-CD17EAD2AEA3.jpeg
    808.2 KB · Views: 2
  • CFB5C5BA-217B-46AE-AC2E-BB345DBBA993.jpeg
    CFB5C5BA-217B-46AE-AC2E-BB345DBBA993.jpeg
    793.1 KB · Views: 1
Mon 1st June SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor RazoRock GC.84 SB
Blade Astra Superior Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Aqua Velva Musk
French Press Colombian Beans
Nice lather especially with the coffee scent. Can't resist posting with my morning coffee...hahaha.
Shave with razor paired with blade was really smooth and comfortable. 1st & 2nd passes very comfy but on 3rd...forgotten not to chase bbs...hahahaha. Went abit aggressive on the neck and suffered weepers again! Overall between BBS and DFS. Rating 8/10
20200601_064151.jpg

20200601_065209.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for men face wash
- Clinique for men face scrub
- Clinique for men exfoliating tonic
- Mitchell's Wool Fat bowl lathered

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- L'Occitane Cap Cedrat Gel-Cream After-Shave
- Jack Black Double Duty SPF Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Derby Extra on shave 1
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 7.5/10
Working through a sampler pack just now, Derby Extra was up first. Shave was WTG, XTG, XTG and ATG on cheeks. I wasn't expecting much from this blade but it wasn't as bad as I expected. All passes felt like the blade tugged so not the smoothest, but no irritation or weepers and minimal feedback from the Alum block.

24-hour beard (broke my self-imposed rule because, well, just because)

Merkur Progress set just a bit above the mildest setting for pass 1, down to mildest for pass 2 and cleanup

Personna Red blade

Erasmic soap; EJ badger brush

Stirling Sharp Dressed Man aftershave and Clubman powder

Shower, then hot face towel over a first lather; rinse; re-lather. One pass on cheeks; two on lower lip and on throat. No irritation. Not BBS, but I don't push for that when I have only a 24-hour beard. (And I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to push for that anyway, as long as my face and throat feel good and I look clean.)

Daily Shave: 01 June 2020

DSCF2114.JPG

Razor: Viking Chieftain
Prep: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Persona (# 3) 2.5 passes
Soap Proraso (Green + Red mixed) (using rain water)
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.0 / 10.0 DFS A good basic shave, blade hinting at dulling.

Monday Shave paint.jpg

Monday’s Shave

Today’s weapon of choice is a Karve SS SB with the D plate loaded with a Polsilver Super Iridium blade. The soap is the tallow version of AoS Sandalwood. This is a hard soap that is one of my favorites. I am sorry to see it was discontinued. The brush is a Simpson Duke 3 in best. This was my first new brush after joining B&B. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and Pinaud Clubman. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent. An excellent shave: 10/10.

Today is supposed to be above 90 for the first time this year. I am also BACK to regular work today. So of course I broke out some menthol stuff. I am so not a menthol head like some of you folks, too much irritates or something. But the performance was great, day 2 on the Red Personna was great. Little bit if stubble left by Adams apple that I don't get to crazy about anymore. The rest of my face is smooth and feels great.

8.8/10

KM

IMG_20200601_063857.jpg

Top Bottom