What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 9.03.03 AM.png

Similar line-up as yesterday. Prorasso Red was rotated in rather than Green. Wilkinson Sword (Germany) instead of Derby Premium. Trying to get a feeling for the different blades in my stash, that's why this combo again. The Wilkinson Sword was just a tad irritating on a few passes. But that might have been different had I waited another day to shave.

Another enjoyable and comfortable shave. Had another great lather. Just a little sting on my neck with alum. The LEA aftershave feels so clean going on and drying off, smells good too!

Already learned a new term here, buffing. I think I've been over-buffing my whole shaving life. Last two shaves I have not and it's a noticeable post-shave comfort improvement

9/10 technically. 10/10 on enjoyment level.

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shaving cream: Proraso Green
Brush: Ever-Ready rebuild (synthetic)
Razor: 1955 Gillette Super Speed Blue Tip
Blade: PolSilver (1)
Post shave: Gillette Gel
Rating: 10/10

A lovely, smooth shave, which I've come to expect from this wonderful mild razor and terrific blade.

proxy.php

Something different today. And it was wonderful, for me. I started with the PAA Cube menthol, rinsed slightly, then I applied the Nivea Face Wash Sensitive. This is very slick and alcohol free. I then applied the shave cream and off to the races. Great shave. I will definitely try this again with a different shave cream, rather than soap.
Pre: PAA Cube 2.0 menthol, Nivea Sensitive Face Wash
Soap: Razor Emporium 1955. (wonderful fresh scent)
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Ti. (a real gem)
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket. ( I don't switch much)
Bowl: Pereira
Post: Warm and Cold water rinse, alum block, Thayer's unscented Witch Hazel
A/S: Razor Emporium 1955, Brickell Face Moisturizer

Rating: 11/10. Absolutely had a great shave today.

• Wolfman WR2 SS 1.25 OC.
• Astra Superior Platinum (1).
• RazoRock blonde boar.
• Hot shower bar soap.
• Proraso preshave cream.
• Kali Flower Citrus Cedar shave soap.
• Proraso aftershave balm for face.
• Proraso green aftershave lotion.
• Shave Nation alum stick.

What a way to get a Friday in late May started…Excellent shave. Smooth, efficient, and close. I really like this new shaving cream and the WR2 SS 1.25 OC along with a new Astra performed magnificently. The Proraso green at the end of the shave was a joy during this warm morning. The judge issued a 10 for the results of the shave, however a point was deducted for a red irritation spot in my lower right neck area. That is a trouble spot and I went at it a little aggressive, (so there you have it….user error). Everyone enjoy the weekend and be safe. Have a great day and a great shave!
D5478115-7215-4ACE-89C0-D3B6FF92D1B5.jpeg
76A9F9CC-B523-46D6-8F0D-1A2DD242F950.jpeg

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Friday’s shave.
Razor: Gillette Slim setting 6.
Blade: Willy’s 2nd use.
Soap: Proraso Blue.
Brush: DSC boar.
Preshave: Hot rag.
Postshave: Thayers witch hazel, Proraso green aftershave, Proraso blue balm.
Alum feedback. Face-low. Neck-low.
Smooth: 9.2/10
Close: 9.6/10
Soap: 9.5/10
Today’s shave with the Willy’s was much better than yesterday’s. Could it be the razor, the soap or the second shave with the blade? It’s not a top tier blade for me nor a blade I will purchase. I got 55 of these blades free so no complaints here. I will give them a try when I try my new Pear Flexi OC.

IMG_6066.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Blackland SS Vector SB
Blade: Kai Titan ProTouch MG (1)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Varen
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery Travel Shave Bowl
Brush: Semogue SOC Tangerine Handle 2 Band Finest Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Seaforth Black Watch AS
Rating: 10/10 An excellent efficient 2 pass BBS shave with one touch up, no weepers, cuts or irritation. Lather, cushion and slickness all very good. An outstanding shave! I did have two tiny red spots on upper lip & chin area, no blood, used an Alum Stick for prevention.

2DD5EBC0-687F-46F5-BEED-848DBF3E53F7.JPG

Frugal Friday Shave

Baili TTO
Sharp 7AM Plus Platinum
RazoRock Amici synthetic brush
Pears Mint preshave
Palmolive shave stick
Skin Bracer AS
Lucky Witch Hazel
9.9/10

Nothing in this photo cost more than $7 when I purchased it. The Baili TTO is a nice little razor that does the job well. I don't need to hype Palmolive or Skin Bracer. I've had the Sharp blades for about a year, and they do good work every time I use them. I bought the RazorRock brush for travel, and even if the knot is on the smaller end, it had no problem face-lathering the Palmolive soap today with enough lather for three passes.

Thank God it's Friday shave!

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE open comb
Blade: Vi-John Super Platinum (new)
Soap: ARKO! tub
Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic w/ marble handle (cheap and excellent)
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

It's been a while since using the Fatip Piccolo SE, so in honor of Fatip Friday, it has made an appearance. This razor is particularly special, it was PIDed by @Tom Bowman about a year ago. It was the first PIF I entered and I was overjoyed to win. Thanks, Tom, wherever you are!

This was a three pass shave, some buffing, but no blood, no irritation. The Vi-John Super Platinum blade was sharp and contributed to an awesome shave.

10/10 BBS

Have a great weekend and enjoy your shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, May 26th, 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm AC- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range, very simple clamping system, small head part( I like to work under a wash cloth), very enjoyable razor to use and very nimble to work the face. I get stellar results with this razor 95% of the time.
Blade : Schick proline 50mm AC type, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Really good razor blade match for my morning shave.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scented lavender with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Cavern lake" 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) 1 10.545.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30.
SOTD May 26 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD May 26th- 8/10, CCS, a very fast two-pass shave today; lots of early errands to run.

The RR Super Slant L2 was used with the RR UFO handle today and paired with a Wizamet Iridium Super blade (4), an Omega Jade boar brush, La Toja shave stick, and La Toja splash; a really nice, simple, effective AS.

Have a great weekend and for those here in the USA enjoy the Memorial Day long weekend :)

PXL_20230526_175240939.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

20230525_085013.jpg

Razor: Supply Pro Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Fig & Apricot
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Ten

Top Bottom