What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

Sunday Schick shave, Dec 4th 2022​

Razor : Schick E injector, Canadian variant- mid range, well built to last, light weight (1OZ), easy to work the face, very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE(1) Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, nice mild clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Cola",22mm Plissoft knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Schick E injector with a coated Personna blade.
SOTD Dec 4 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Sunday’s shave.
Rockwell 6C plate 5
Asco platinum 2nd use
Rasierseize soap. Another good soap. Plenty of slick lather.
Semogue boar brush
Thayers witch hazel
Aqua Velva aftershave. The wife didn’t like it.
Proraso white balm
Alum feedback. Face-low. Neck-low.
This razor/blade combination is a good one. Smooth going and close. Maybe it’s my imagination, but the 6C has less drag than the 6S. Could it be the difference in the finish? Chrome verses stainless?
42614A51-55B2-4786-99E0-AC40922237A1.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Mirror Polish Supply Pro (5, 2.5 & 1)
Blade: Supply Black Label (7)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Black
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery Travel Shave Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co. Sand Ebonite Handle 24mm G5A Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 8/10 A descent 3 pass BBS shave with three touch ups (used Aluminum Overlander), five weepers, no cuts but some minor irritation. Great lather, cushion and residual slickness. I keep hoping I can get the hang of the Pro, but beginning to believe it's just not a razor for me. Overall an okay shave.

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano & ETHOS Peppermint Shave Crème
Brush: AP Shave G5C 24mm
Razor: Wolfman SS WR2 1.25
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum(4)
Post-Shave: ETHOS Clean Skin Food Splash
Rating: 10.5/10 - Chocolate and peppermint, what's not to like?
20221204SOTD.jpg

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano & ETHOS Peppermint Shave Crème
Brush: AP Shave G5C 24mm
Razor: Wolfman SS WR2 1.25
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum(4)
Post-Shave: ETHOS Clean Skin Food Splash
Rating: 10.5/10 - Chocolate and peppermint, what's not to like?
View attachment 1566848
That's one fantastic looking set up you've got there!
Just from the picture alone I'd have to agree with your 10.5/10 rating!

full

Pre-Shave: hot shower
Razor: Razorock Game Changer .84 SB
Blade: Feather ( 1st use)
Brush: Chisel & Hound handle w/AP Shave Co. G5C - 26mm @ 50mm
Bowl: Maggard Razors Plastic Lather Bowl (Dscosmetic PP Shaving Bowl)
Soap: The Novelist by The Club/A&E (bowl lather)
Post-Shave: Thayers, The Novelist Aftershave Splash by The Club/A&E, Stirling's Unscented Post Shave Balm

Two Pass w/ ATG Cleanup.

Rating: 9 DFS+++

Comments:
I haven't bowl lathered in a while. This soap lathered up gobs of rich, creamy lather. I couldn't help but just cake is on. After the shave, there was enough soap left so I decided to wash my face with it. This was a bad idea. As I was scrubbing, I could feel some left over stubble ATG that I couldn't help but grab the razor to try and knock down. It really wasn't much at all. But I couldn't help myself. So I ended up giving myself a little irritation. Even if you think you're BBS, I guess you can always find more. So I turned a great shave into one with self inflicted irritation. But overall it was a great shave. The Novelist is a great Fall scent -- it sort of reminds me a little bit of pipe tobacco blended subtly with autumn spices.
I do that every shave and I always find stubble along my jawline when I rinse. Been doing this for years and never have figured out why this happens. I even thought that if I gave that area extra attention on my last pass it wouldn't happen. Nope, the stubble would be a bit finer, like going from 100 grit sandpaper to 200, but still there.

Today’s shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Gillette Pre-war Canadian tech
Blade: Bic
Soap/cream: Fine Accoutrements Santal Absolut
Brush: Semogue 1305 DecemBOAR!
Balm Neutrogena Hydro Boost Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid

Aftershave: Fine Accoutrements Santal Absolut

Stately BBS
1305 brush.jpg

• Merkur Progress (New razor).
• Merkur blade, (Came with razor).
• Stirling preshave bar soap.
• Omega boar.
• Captain’s Choice copper bowl.
• Thayers Witch Hazel post shave face.
• Nivea post shave balm for face, nose, ears.
• Proraso aftershave lotion back of neck and chest.

My first shave with the Progress was a little awkward on my behalf as I caught myself adjusting the dial a couple of times before settling on a 3-2-2, (at least for this initial shave). Also the head seemed a little bulky therefore I need some practice over the coming weeks. Actually turned out to be a darn good shave for the final result but needed some additional buffing in certain areas. Could be my clumsiness with a new razor, the Merkur blade, or a combination of both. But the good news, there’s another shaving opportunity tomorrow! Judge is awarding a 8 today….Have a great Sunday all, and hope your team(s) win.
0FC6F9CC-1598-4D53-9BB1-348BFC56E817.jpeg
FEE6D8D7-14C6-4155-8CFC-EC8784C15B7A.jpeg

Last edited:
full

Razor: RazoRock SLOC
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush: PAA Peregrino G5B
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Neck Cleanup: Gillette Fatboy 1960 wide open w Bic blade

Soap: A&E Choco Cubano
Pre shave: Long Dwell Time Pre-Shave, La Toja 🇪🇸
Aftershave: A&E Choco Cubano

Rating: 10/10 BBS
A light snow is falling and chill is in the air with a blustery wind.
My goodness, what a great shave for the warmth of Choco Cubano and La Toja.
Absolutely delightful.

20221203_085635.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior Traveller Set
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
• Omega boar.

My first shave with the Progress was a little awkward on my behalf as I caught myself adjusting the dial a couple of times before settling on a 3-2-2, (at least for this initial shave). Also the head seemed a little bulky therefore I need some practice over the coming weeks. Actually turned out to be a darn good shave for the final result but needed some additional buffing in certain areas. Could be my clumsiness with a new razor, the Merkur blade, or a combination of both. But the good news, there’s another shaving opportunity tomorrow! Judge is awarding a 8 today….Have a great Sunday all, and hope your team(s) win.
View attachment 1566903View attachment 1566904
Our son has mine... ready to gift it to me for Christmas. We are celebrating early with him and his wife... he works the weekend before Christmas and perhaps Christmas day.. he isn't sure yet... So we're getting together this coming weekend.

• Omega boar.

View attachment 1566903View attachment 1566904
I tried the Merkur blade as well, wasn't the best. I have found the Bic CP blade works best in this razor for me. Happy Sunday!

Date
365 days of shaving341/337
(100%)
GRUME December4/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2nd pass)
(NW-SE | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette NEW LC with Red Lasta Handle
Timor (5)
Razorock 400 Plissoft
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
TGS Furiah
Proraso
Cold splash
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Fifth run with the Timor and this time in the NEW Long Comb. A super smooth shave ensued. This razor is a very tiny bit more comfortable than the NEW Flat Bottom, but the Flat Bottom is more effective - 12h past the shave I feel more stubble than I did yesterday. Still this is an amazing razor with good nimble abilities.

The Razorock turned it into a lather party. Excellent brush!
:001_wub:

Perfect way to start Sunday - well we’re heading towards Monday here already, but ok.

Additional shave notes can be found here

Sunday- a very leisurely, relaxing two-pass shave today with some cleanup, no mishaps and tremendously satisfying, BBS, 10/10:

Razor: Occam's Artist Club
Blade: Feather AC Pro (4)- blade is at its best
Lather: PAA Future Fiction CK-6 shave stick- very nice scent and great performance today; it fits well in the pill bottle for travel
Brush: Zenith unbleached boar- a great brush for the $8 it cost me, a tiny bit less loft would be nice, but otherwise no complaints
Post: cold rinse, and then some Captain's Choice Venture AS splash for a great smelling and feeling finish

Enjoy the coming week and great shaves for all!

PXL_20221204_192618159.PORTRAIT.jpg

My Sunday Afternoon Shave
Prep: Warm shower. Two days growth​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Craftsman 9207 11/16 Hollow Ground​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Shavemac B&B Group Buy 2021 Beagle Butterscotch - Silvertip 2-Band 22mm Fan​
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream w/ Bowl, Royal Forest​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Taylor of Old Bond Street Royal Forest Luxury Aftershave Cream​
9.2/10 DFS!

Last edited:
Top Bottom