What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

💈SOTD // Wolfman Ti WR2 SB 1.35 WRH 3/7 // Declaration Grooming • Chatillon Lux Agua Fresca Soap and Splash // Paladin Pirate 26mm Satin Somerset // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp
7ACC3716-AD29-4114-A234-24ACC513F43D.jpeg

💯/💯
😍🐺😎🐺🙌

Great shave today! Lovely summertime scent. I do what I want! 😎

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower, four days growth​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Rockwell 6S​
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (3)​
Pre-Shave: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Semogue 1305 Pure Bristle Boar​
Soap: Stirling - Varen Shave Soap​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
8.8/10

Gillette Exfoliating razor, Proraso green shaving cream, got my Wednesday shave in because Thursdays I take a day off from the razor. And it’s turkey day tomorrow so I’m warming up my jaws for all that lip smacking gnawing on meats and all the trimmings I’ll be partaking in! Have a good’un

What was your brush again @ShaveWok? Did it hold too much water perhaps? I have that with badgers and boars that i need to pay attention even when giving it a good flick or two the knot is sometimes still too moist resulting in slurry lather for me.

Guido

Semogue Boar 620
Is a great brush and has a good backbone . Definitely can hold some water and will keep this in mind next time I give it a ‘dip’

full

Preshave: hot shower
Razor: Razorock Game Changer .84 SB
Blade: Nacet ( 3rd use)
Brush: Stirling Handle w/AP Shave Co. G5C - 24mm @ 57mm
Soap: Orange Chill by Stirling Soap Co. (face lather)
Aftershave: Orange Chill Aftershave Splash by Stirling Soap Co., Neutrogena Hydro Boost, Stirling's Post Shave Balm (unscented w/menthol)

Two Pass w/ ATG Cleanup.

Rating: 9.9 95% BBS

Comments: My technique seems to be getting better and better since using the Lupo. The Game Changer is giving me nearly as good a shave. The Lupo OC/SB, of course, is more efficient. Yet I love both razors. ... Orange Chill was perfect for Thanksgiving Eve. ... I'm testing out the Neutrogena Hydro Boost and CeraVe lotion. Today was the Neutrogena. Though I had to complete the shave with Stirling's balm ... there's something about it that makes me feel comfy. It just feels good.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, even you who aren't American. :) And have great shaves.

I don’t have a ZT3 so can’t compare. I only have a handful of uses so still breaking in. Nice backbone that should soften up nicely over time. Soft tips with out a jell feel. Bloom is huge - so have high expectations as it breaks in.
The ZT3 is soft and very natural hair vs gelly. But it is very dense so much so it's almost like an umbrella lol. I have trouble feeling the individual hairs. I have been curious if the ZT4 is the same way.

Happy Thanksgiving eve all!!!!!
• RazoRock SS .84 GC SB. (New razor).
• Bic Chrome Platinum blade (1).
• TOBS Jermyn Street Shaving Cream.
• Captain’s Choice Copper bowl.
• Shave Nation Badger.
• Thayers Witch Hazel post shave face.
• Nivea Sensitive Cool balm.
• Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla.

Good evening and a Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all of you. This was my inaugural shave with the RazoRock SS .84 Game Changer SB razor and I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and smoothness of this fine razor. Did not know what to expect after using the .95 razors, but I like it…….Took my time and gently let her do her job as I did not get in a hurry or impatient as I completed my WTG, XTG, and ATG with buffing on cheeks. The judge will not allow a 10 on the inaugural shave of any new razor, but a very nice 9 has been awarded.
I want to Wish Everyone a very Safe and Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!!!!
C6462AE6-4553-4F52-81CC-722632B5BF2B.jpeg

A80C7CB6-EA2B-49D4-A8ED-8C063EFBB0E8.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
• Shave Nation Badger.

Good evening and a Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all of you. This was my inaugural shave with the RazoRock SS .84 Game Changer SB razor and I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and smoothness of this fine razor. Did not know what to expect after using the .95 razors, but I like it…….Took my time and gently let her do her job as I did not get in a hurry or impatient as I completed my WTG, XTG, and ATG with buffing on cheeks. The judge will not allow a 10 on the inaugural shave of any new razor, but a very nice 9 has been awarded.
View attachment 1561361

View attachment 1561362

Congrats on the new razor. RR GC .84 is a grand razor...always gives me a close comfortable shave.

• Shave Nation Badger.

View attachment 1561361

View attachment 1561362
The Razorock GC .84P is one of my faves. It has a good balance of mildness and efficiency, IMO.

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Pre-Shave
Soaps: MacDuffs Winter Cabin
Brush: Elite Razor w/Tuxedo knot
Razor: Wolfman SS WR2 1.25
Blade: Personna Lab Blue(3)
Post-Shave: Just leftover lather.
Rating: 10/10 BBS - I don't know why I bother using other razors in my den. This Wolfman gives me everything I'm looking for from a razor.
View attachment 1561122
Very glad you are enjoying it

SOTD: 2022-11-23

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Feather DE, 5th use
Brush: AP Shave Co AP400
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso White Pre Shave Cream
Soap: Captains Choice Venture Croap
Aftershave: Captains Choice Venture Aftershave
Additional Care: Thayer’s Witch hazel

9F6A8D6B-816F-4503-B4FB-7D876B925CAD.jpeg

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

Preshave: Glycerin Facewash with warm water splashes
Razor : Feather Artist Club SR Non-Folding
Blade : Feather Super Professional Blade (D4)
Brush : Simpson Chubby 3 in Manchurian, Cobalt
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore
Aftershave : Alum Block + Cold water splashes + Nivea Sensitive AS Balm

Rating : 9.64/10

Very close and very comfortable BBS ! :001_wub: :straight:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20221123_093111~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie Mixed Metal SE1 (TiBam New York Ti Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (3)
Brush: @apshaveco Ruby Ripple (AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Tub Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Classic Match Homme EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:

Please check out my Journal for notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff:

Top Bottom