What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

J.S. Sloane pre shave oil
Proraso Red shave cream
RazoRock Beehive brush
Creek Road Pottery lather bowl
Gillette New Deluxe head on Ikon Bulldog matte finish 85mm handle
Gillette Silver Blue blade (2)
Osma alum
T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel
Pinaud Clubman

I've recently visited the thread about Proraso and said that I neither like it or dislike it. That hasn't changed but I have to say that today it gave me a really nice shave. But I also confirmed that I am not a big fan of the scent. The shave was good though. Good slickness and protection. So, for that I give today's shave a 7. Scent is just behind slickness, cushion and post shave feel which accounts for the rating.

'43 GEM Jr. The Parade "Slim"
Pella/Personna GEM (6)
Proraso
Semogue 1305

20200409_061958.jpg

been a little while since I've shaved with this soap. forgot that it's actually pretty damn good. zero issues this morn and quite enjoyable.

9.8/10

camo

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

J.S. Sloane pre shave oil
Proraso Red shave cream
RazoRock Beehive brush
Creek Road Pottery lather bowl
Gillette New Deluxe head on Ikon Bulldog matte finish 85mm handle
Gillette Silver Blue blade (2)
Osma alum
T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel
Pinaud Clubman

I've recently visited the thread about Proraso and said that I neither like it or dislike it. That hasn't changed but I have to say that today it gave me a really nice shave. But I also confirmed that I am not a big fan of the scent. The shave was good though. Good slickness and protection. So, for that I give today's shave a 7. Scent is just behind slickness, cushion and post shave feel which accounts for the rating.

agreed on the soap. I have nothing against it at all and like the scent. it's been what seems like forever since using though. I pre tested it again last night......just for fun.

it has a "creeper" post shave feel to me. skin felt dry afterward....then 20 to 40 mins later I could feel moisture/oils/good stuff setting in. hell, I don't know. sometimes I think I overthink this stuff.

nah.

camo

Thu 9 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Bowl Green Nubs
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade SuperMax Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers
Clubman GentsGin
Great lather from the bowl as usual! Mild lime scent. Thick and slick. Shave with razor and blade was a good combo. Smooth and sharp but still suffers weepers :confused1was ever so light and careful
3+1pass ATG, XTG & XTG/ATG
Ice water rinse followed by special Thayers. A very nice and enjoyable shave though. BBS results but rating 9/10
20200409_095725.jpg

20200409_102400.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur April 09th

Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying wing, MMBT, guiding eye..... MFG 1947-50, a smooth razor and a excellent daily driver!
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) excellent blade in all ways known.
Soap: Razorock XXX - very enjoyable scented soap with great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm Sagrada Familia named after a great Cathedral in Barcelona Spain.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch Hazel +Nivea for Men balm.
Results : 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Smooth great shave!Hit my sweet spot target!

SOTD, Thursday April 09th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Jumped back the the DE with a fresh Gillette Yellow. No red dots. Some stubble left by Adams apple but to be honest. I didn't chase BBS today and am happy with very small amounts of irritation. I bet the SE shave tommorow will be outstanding as I think this shave was Soo good. The ground work is set.

8.9/10

KM

IMG_20200409_062227.jpg

Proraso White preshave
Trufitt & Hill Sandalwood soap
Silvertip Badger
Sedef Shavette with a new Silver Star
Alum
Tabac AS

WTG + XTG + clean-ups. Still DFS some 16 hours later.

8.9/10

2020-04-08

Same as above, but with Arko and the second shave on the Silver Star. Much better results. 9.2/10.

2020-04-09
Proraso White preshave
Arko Soap
Silvertip Badger
Early 70's British Tech with a new Gillette Super Platinum
Alum
Tabac AS

WTG + XTG + some extra cleanup on the neck. Half BBS, half DFS. This razor and blade combo is amazingly efficient.

9.6/10

agreed on the soap. I have nothing against it at all and like the scent. it's been what seems like forever since using though. I pre tested it again last night......just for fun.

it has a "creeper" post shave feel to me. skin felt dry afterward....then 20 to 40 mins later I could feel moisture/oils/good stuff setting in. hell, I don't know. sometimes I think I overthink this stuff.

nah.

camo

Don't we all?

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Personna Gem Single Edge
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10
20200408_091334.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200409

Continuing my 2020 Resolution to stop chasing BBS!
20200409_092836~2.jpg

Prep: Splashed water on face
Pre-shave: n/a
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Contributors Tulip Handle, Boss v1 Synthetic Knot
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Bowl: n/a (face lathered)
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V2, RR Ti Halo Handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard
Post-shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave Splash: Clubman Osage Rub
Aftershave: Clubman Draggon

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ (very near BBS - without trying). No weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. Gorgeous, comfortable shave! Everything felt wonderful, start to finish. :)

Changing blades in the RR Hawk V2 to the Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard has been a revelation. HUGE difference using the Kai as opposed to the Feather blades I previously used.

Definitely elevates the AC-based razor shaving experience (for me, at least).

YMMV

9 April 2020 Daily Shave
Razor:
Merkur 1904
Brush:
Barbury
Blade:
Persona 5th shave
Soap:
Proraso Green using rainwater
Prep:
Antibacterial soap
Rating;
8.5 DFS
Comments:
A long soak in of prep and lather made for a good shave, but blade is hinting it is dulling.

Soap: vintage Williams

Brush: Rubberset 400 with a synthetic knot

Razor: Feather SS folding shavette

Blade: Schick Proline

Clean-up razor: Hybrid Tech with a Wilky

Aftershave: Stirling Satsuma with menthol

7/10

A tiny weeper on the chin and two small areas of irritation today. Not my best shave.

Top Bottom