What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Gamechanger .68 SB
Blade: 7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Brush: Razorock Bruce Plissoft
Soap: Proraso Blue(protective and moisturizing) cream
Alum: Osma
Aftershave splash: Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Aftershave balm:Nivea sensitive

This shave gets a 6.5. Though I got a pretty close shave, I did so at the expense of a bit of irritation along my jaw line on each side and my adams apple. I had a bunch of new items I wanted to try out and in retrospect I should have done so one at a time instead of trying a new blade, new soap(first time ever using a cream rather than a soap or croap), and a new brush(first time using a synthetic, or anything other than my old badger). Doing so makes it difficult to determine what caused my issues with this shave, too many variables introduced at once, I know better than that but chose to ignore common sense.

The blade is no doubt sharper than the Astra SP's that are my usual preference, but I'll need to use them more to determine if they are as smooth. The brush felt great but was hard to determine performance using a brand new soap(cream). The cream was ok, but didn't lather as nice as the Red Proraso soap, the TOBS Jermyn Street, or Arko that I usually use, but again it was my first time using this particular product or cream of any type and first time using a synthetic brush so I'm not passing judgement on anything at this point.

I went wild tonight. My first shave after completing the March Madness Fixed Four. I changed up everything.

Prep: Hot shower, Ach Brito Glyce Soap, Noxema Classic Clean
Razor: Timeless SS .98 (first use)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green
Brush: Thater Synthetic ( first use)
Soap: Martin de Candre Original (first use)
Aftershave: Razorock XXX

It was an adventure. This razor is substantially heavier and longer handled than the Rex Supply Envoy I've been using exclusively for the past month. As a result, I applied a bit too much pressure at times, and paid for it in minor irritation. The Thater Synthetic is scritchier than my Parker Badger, but it whipped up an incredible lather from the MdC in no time. I was very used to the heavy loading I need with MWF, so it was very impressive. The MdC rinses off leaving no face feel like with Mitchell's, but I'll bet that's the lanolin making the difference. So, I'll keep this lineup for the week, and see if I can take the Timeless. 7/10

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7/10 - tuggy and a bit irritating today. New Nacet tomorrow. The brush and Arko were a pleasure.
Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Kai stainless (4)
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Two band badger brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Arko stick
Aftershave: Fine Platinum splash / Omega shaving balm
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200331_092501.jpg

Wed 1st Bronze Day Shave..
Soap Colonel Conk Amber
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water
Special Thayers Cucumber mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Terrific lather from soap, bowl & brush combo. Creamy and really slick!!!
Shave with razor & blade pairing was great! Almost didn't feel the blade...so smooth was the shave. Not so efficient though. 3pass ATG, XTG/ATG, ATG & buffing. Ice water rinse followed immediately by special Thayers mix. No weepers nor irritation.
DFS result with rating of 9/10
20200401_093312.jpg

20200401_100804.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Wed, April 1st 2020

Razor: Schick injector Easy Rider theme series L type-MFG 1969?>1972- very mild razor!
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) excellent blade for this razor IMO.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scented with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- I really enjoy this brush.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock XXX aftershave:001_wub: with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results :9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: good shave today!

SOTD, Wednesday, April 1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Gillette Nacet -3
Brush: WCS Honeycomb Blue Synthetic
Lather: B&M Reserve Spice
Aftershave: Bootleggers Bay Rum
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Every Man Jack Face Lotion
9.5/10

Another great shave with the Dart. DFS+++++++

Top Bottom