What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (N-2 1968)
Blade: Lord Super Stainless (11)
Brush: Ever-Ready 150
Soap: Williams Shave Soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Rate: 10

Three pass shave WTG/ATG/ATG. BBS

20200324_171030.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday Mar 30th 2020, Good morning all. I had to take my Gem jr bar out of the rack for a great shave. The performance of the razor is to my liking for the simple reason it gives me a great shave. I very rarely get cuts with no irritation and no weepers as a rule of thumb and my skin enjoys the results. What is there not to like!

Razor : Gem junior bar - MFG 1907- excellent razor for a daily driver.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)
Soap: Taylor of old bond street Sandal wood. One of my favorite scented soaps.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic with black marble handle. Excellent brush!
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Prorazo red Sandal wood with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave today!

MMMonday March 30th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Mon 30 SOTD
Soap Suezbana Aloe Vera
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Feather Popular
Blade Feather 8th
Postshave
Ice water
Thayers Cucumber Special Mix
Gatsby Splash
Put the soap puck into the bowl and load. Then removed and rinse the puck and air dry. Continue and built into a great lather. No scent but thick and slick lather result. Shave with razor and blade was good but perhaps it's time to ditch the blade. Even though feels smooth and sharp and razor is mild but feels some irritation from the 3+pass ATG, XTG/ATG, ATG & a pickup. Unexpected weepers plus irritation. DFS result with rating of 9/10
20200330_105515.jpg

20200330_113156.jpg

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Gillette Nacet -2
Brush: WCS Honeycomb Blue Synthetic
Lather: B&M Bay Rum
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum
Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Every Man Jack Face Lotion
10/10

What a great shave with the Dart today! No nicks, weepers or irritation. Plus the B&M soap is fantastic. BBS

A beautiful Arizona day. Right now it is in the 60's and sunny. Today's shave combines the old with the new. The old is a vintage Hoffritz badger brush I bought in 1993 together with T&H Ultimate Comfort Cream that I bought in 2010. While searching for a source for T&H products I found B&B. The razor is a Karve with a C plate that I bought last year. The blade also is new: a Treet Platinum. The aftershaves are old friends: Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. The fragrance is new, Yves Saint Laurent, that my wife gave me for Christmas. A great 10/10 shave.

Have a great week B&Bers an stay safe.

Monday Shave1.jpg

Technically not today because I shower and shave in the evenings, but......
-.68 Gamechanger with solid base
-Astra SP(4th shave on tbis blade)
-Proraso sandalwood soap
-Cheap Fendrihan badger brush(currently my only brush)
-Osma Alum
-Old Spice AS splash
-L'oreal moisturizing AS balm

I'm still realtively new to this whole wet shaving/D.E. thing so my rating is subjective. For me, this was one of my best, closest, yet irritation free shaves to date so I want to say 9.5, but in reality probably more like an 8 for a person that has been doing this for years. Regardless, it was a great shave that I'm still enjoying this morning.

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10
20200320_154311.jpg

Top Bottom