What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Razor: Fatip Lo Sorto OC Slant
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Yaqi Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Soap: RR The Dead Sea

Today I had a glorious 2 pass BBS shave.
10/10

20220622_163038_kindlephoto-6689219.jpg

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower, three days growth​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Rockwell 6S​
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)​
Pre-Shave: None
Brush: Elite Razor Spalted (‘rotten wood‘) Maple handle with Full Moon Synthetic 26mm​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Nil Scent (Fragrance Free) Shaving Soap​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free Face Lotion and Post-Shave. Menthyl, Chamomile, Shea Butter, Vitamin E​
9.6/10! DFS!

High Efficiency SOTD Tuesday Evening 6/21/2022

Razor:
Yaqi Beast 2 Variant :devil:
Blade: Kai (666)
Brush: Je&Co Synthetic Brush 24mm Extra Dense Knot
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream
Soap: RazoRock WTP Blue Barbershop
Aftershave: Ice cubes, Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Nivea Maximum Hydration Post Shave Balm
Growth: 56 hours
Passes: WTG open comb, XTG closed comb, ATG open comb
Rating: 10/10

Results: This Young Frankenstein, Mad Scientist razor set up, delivered a BBS result for me with increased blade feel. I shaved with a steep angle approach (riding the bar). The more rigid Kai blade eliminated the need for a shim & helped to reduce blade chatter that I experienced on my first shave. For future shaves with the Beast 2, with non Kai blades, I can double stack my DE blade, by cutting the blade in half and inserting them on one side of the razor. Double stacking is supposed to help reduce blade chatter & increases blade rigidity along with blade stability inside the head cap by adding more pressure.

Overall, No Drama, No Trauma. Great Shave!

IMG_20220621_171614832.jpg

I had a shave today. Tried using a bar of Stirling body soap to see if I can get a "lather" out of it. The slightest bit of water instantly turned the soap into a useless bubbles, well for shaving at least.

I turned to a used bottle of Nivea sensitive skin after shave lotion. It worked decently, I just had to apply the lotion on the area I was going to shave.

As always used the Shark loaded shavette
Personna loaded Gillette DE adjustable
The Yaqi got a break this round
Followed up with the Nivea lotion

2 passes and a 6/10 the finish is pretty clean but the act was not that good.

TOBS Almond shaving cream sample
Kent BK4 Silvertip Badger brush
1965 Gillette Super Speed razor
Schick Super Stainless Steel razor blade (1)
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

Got the vintage Schick blades in the mail, so I'm putting a pause on the Wilkinson Sword blade.

Two passes. One tiny nick...a little red dot that lasted about 30 seconds. I'll give the shave a DFS at, say, 8.7/10.

No pho'o. <--that's my fake British accent.

RAZOR Merkur Progress (3 passes @ 3.5–3.5–2)
BLADE Gillette Perma-Sharp (4)
BRUSH Simpson Trafalgar T2
SOAP Stirling Coconut-Lime
AFTERSHAVE Pinaud Clubman

Don't like light growth shaves, went WTG to cut down on the irritation. 3rd week with the Progress and love it so far, loving the Perma-Sharp too, ordered 100, you know for the Zombie Apocalypse® Ended up being a very nice shave.

10/10 Cheers!

IMG_8339.jpg

Today’s shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

First pass was performed using a Dovo Bismarck straight razor

Razor: Henson Medium
Blade: GSB
Soap: St. James of London Tonka and Tobacco Flower

Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Balm Stirling unscented balm.
Aftershave: Chicago Grooming 40

Stately DFS

Had an overnight trip and needed a simple, quick setup this morning, so I brought my Gillette Fusion cartridge (1) and some Stephan Stay Smooth Conditioning Shave Cream. I got a decent DFS shave with no irritation or injuries, but I'm always surprised that a cartridge shave seems to take almost as long as a DE/SE, and that it doesn't give a very close shave by comparison. I finished the shave with some Duke Cannon Ice Cold balm. Nothing super exciting but this is a serviceable and simple travel kit. Let's call this a 8/10 today.

Thu 24 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Personna X Series 26th Use
Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
A good soap with an intoxicating lovely scent and a creamy slick lather...
Another good shave with the well-used blade paired with the razor. 3passes without any issues for a dfs result. The matching aftershave is really wonderful..intoxicating and cooling! Rating 9.8/10
20220623_073429.jpg

Going to be another Hot one today so I am getting an early morning start to get some things done…..
• Timeless Ti .95mm SB polished.
• Gillette Silver Blue razor, (2nd shave).
• Sterling Lime shaving soap, refreshing.
• Geo Trumper West Indian Extract of Limes Skin Food.
• Proraso Green aftershave for back of neck and chest.
Today will be hot again so I reached for some Sterling refreshing Lime soap topped off by some cool and light Proraso green. A very quick 2 pass shave with a 3rd ATG skim of my cheeks. Today the judge is awarding. 9 out of ten. A hurried, but efficient shave. Have a great day!

Attachments

• 65061C42-1277-4906-9CE6-AEAAA29B48B6.jpeg
    65061C42-1277-4906-9CE6-AEAAA29B48B6.jpeg
    975.7 KB · Views: 5
Had an overnight trip and needed a simple, quick setup this morning, so I brought my Gillette Fusion cartridge (1) and some Stephan Stay Smooth Conditioning Shave Cream. I got a decent DFS shave with no irritation or injuries, but I'm always surprised that a cartridge shave seems to take almost as long as a DE/SE, and that it doesn't give a very close shave by comparison. I finished the shave with some Duke Cannon Ice Cold balm. Nothing super exciting but this is a serviceable and simple travel kit. Let's call this a 8/10 today.
You do what you have to do! Good job!
👍😊💈

Top Bottom