What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling SD Man Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling unscented pre shave soap
Razor: 24K Gold Plated Brass Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Soap: Stirling Sheep
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery Travel Shave Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald Handle 24mm SynBad Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood After Shave
Rating: 10/10 Three pass BBS shave with no touch ups. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Excellent efficient Shave. Wanted a carefree shave so went back to a favorite soap. Not disappointed!

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic - German (9)
Brush: EverReady 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Peppermint & Rosemary
Aftershave: Speick
Rating: 10/10 - As a teacher on summer break I'm not shaving much. Meeting a friend for lunch today, so decided it would be for the best.

Mike’s lavander
Simpson the colonel
ATT R1 & polsilver
Lucky tiger + cologne

9/10

22FA545B-EC9F-4F9E-BCE4-4F7975967C84.jpeg

Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Brush
B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL 13 Mid
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack Face Lotion
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I used the Seaforth Sea Spice Lime soap for the 13th time and the Henson-Wizamet combo for the 6th shave. Today’s brush is the B&B LE 2012 brush made by Rudy Vey. The keyhole handle design is a favorite of mine. It fits my hand perfectly and looks great. The Shavemac knot is perfect. An excellent shave. Have a good one, folks.

22 June 2022
View attachment 1476241

Prep
Old Spice bar soap (in bowl with white cap)
Razor
King C. Gillette
Brush
Omega---11126
Lathering
Cattie’s Bubbles
Bowl
Q Shave Scuttle
Blade
Bolzano #3 Shave #5 and out
Passes
WTG, XTG and then buffing as required
Cleanup
Rinsed & dried face f/b Witch Haze f/b Omega Alum stick
Aftershave
Old Spice (now in small travel bottle)
Rating(s)
8.5 CAS
Today
Lots of stubble, one nasty lip nick, but no weepers.
Comment(s)
The old blade did its best but gave up the ghost with this shave.
Several errands to run, and also mow the backyard before it gets beastly hot.
BobbyB, I know you are a big fan of Catie’s Bubbles….Do you have at least 3 recommendations for me to try? I see you have Connecticut shade in the picture!
Thanks

Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Razor: Thiers Issard 7/8ths
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 synth
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Lilac Vegetal

Well, it's been a stressful few months but got through it on a high note, and just got back home from a week out of the city so finally feeling relaxed/refreshed. When I got home from NJ this afternoon I decided on doing some honing on my Thiers Issard I got a few months ago. I wasn't sure if I ever did a bevel reset on it or just did a refresh so I reset the bevel and took it for a shave test on 3 days growth. Shaving mutliple days growth with a straight razor is just so dang satisfying and I really enjoyed plowing through it.

I did cut back on honing for the sake of my razors, but it's nice to know that the skills aren't lost without doing any real honing for a few months. Happy I chose to scratch that itch this afternoon.

10/10

Williams Wednesday!

6_22 sotd.jpg

I added a little water last night to the puck, and once again had abundant lather with no reloading needed. Sometimes I think I forget things I did before and rediscover them again! After using synthetic brushes and badgers for months now, I "forgot" about wetting the puck, something I used to do consistently. I used to start with a dry synthetic on a puck upon which I put a small amount of water. Somehow, I have shifted to soaking all brushes while in the shower and loading off of a dry puck. Nothing new, everything old is new again, and once more I confirm my memory is slightly better than a goldfish!

Level 1 plate used this morning for an effortless and enjoyable shave. 9.8/10. Feels as good as Level 2 yesterday, but I know the results won't last as long. I think. Maybe my memory is Swiss Cheese on this as well :letterk1:

And let my wish you a
R (3).jpeg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.35 SB
Blade: Racer Platinum
Brush: Omega Pro Boar 20102
Soap: ETHOS Vanilla Safi
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop

The Shave: Excellent, just excellent all around. The scents were captivating, the brush perfectly broken in provides great lathers, soft tips, and great backbone.

I’m thinking of a repeat shave tomorrow with another excellent boar brush. Today’s shave was that good.
10/10!
B12FCA46-A671-4899-BE96-A4E150FCD577.jpeg

When I was in Corporate America, I did those quick little one pass shaves every morning with Schick Xtreme3 razors followed by a splash of Mennen Skin bracer aftershave for years and years. Could usually get the full week on 1 razor before changing out. Those were the days!
I have quite a few offices around the world. Each one has a Merkur 34c and a can of Proraso white in it with Nacet and GSB blades. I won’t shave with anything other than a Safety or Straight Razor. One employee asked me in Germany if he could try it. I told him take it home and bought another one for that office. It is funny how watching me shave once peaked his interest. Now 10 years later I have about 10-15converts in that office.

20220621_091945.jpg

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless + SE plate, matte black
Blade: Supply Black Label Injector blades
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf
Aftershave: LBCC Historical Bay Rum Aftershave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.8.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
*9.75 today :)

*10 Wolfman .95 today
*10 Nacet blade
*9.5 MDC Fougere 3rd use of my sample very nice slick and residual was great and post comfort was great for sure a top tier for me the 9.5 is more based on scent as not my fav
the scent is growing on me more but picked up my SV and was like OH YEAH so much nicer so we shall see its not on the chopping block yet :)
*9.5 Italian Barber tri color synthetic brush
*10 Old Spice AS
*9.5 Nivea balm

Today was better than average, just a bit more irritation on the neck. 9/10 Overall.
Still glass smooth, BBS + amazing scents = wife is really having a tough time keeping her hands to herself.
Razor: Overlander 10/10 I really can't get over how easy this thing is to use.
Soap: Saguesera from B&M (such a great scent, earthy, lime, citrus, cigar, scents of my childhood)
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite - I don't have much experience with brushes, but my two from PAA make me want a third.
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel, Future Fiction balm and aftershave....killer scent. Partly to blame for my wife's self control issues. (will.buy.more.)
View attachment 1476280
I am pretty happy with the PAA Amber Aerolite as well. Sturdy brush that feels like it will last a while. I like how easily it soaks up lather and holds it.

Evening cold water sink shave.
EFB 1940’s tech/ Ikon tuck away handle.
Astra sp (1).
MWF/Palmolive stick Frankensoap (Fat Olive).
Razorock Hive Mokasoft 24mm.
Stirling Bergamot Lavender witch hazel.

One quick pass then out.
The MWF//Palmolive stick soap is a match made in heaven.
Fat Olive may be my best performing soap to date. Will try it again tomorrow with an added lump of Stirling Scots Pine Sheep.

Top Bottom