What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
PS. When the one and only @Marco himself reevaluates a soap/cream, life becomes easier for mortal shavers like us! Thank you, Sir!

Cesare, only the man who has the humbleness to step back and change his mind is wise. Having the courage to admit your own mistakes is a sign of strength, not a weakness. Stay always modest, open-minded and have the utmost respect of others' ideas.

Cesare, only the man who has the humbleness to step back and change his mind is wise. Having the courage to admit your own mistakes is a sign of strength, not a weakness. Stay always modest, open-minded and have the utmost respect of others' ideas.
Well said, @Marco ! Not everybody talks the talk and walks the walk, though. You certainly do, Sir! And with great aplomb. The signs of a true ambassador!

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor, Badger/Boar, 21mm
Bowl: RazoRock Ceramic

Lather :RazoRock Tobacco #1

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,
PAA Briar Aftershave & Cologne

Inspired to use the R41 & Gillette Nacet combo by a couple of posts I saw last week. The soap lathered great and the hardware was working properly. Operator technique was found wanting a little more patience and prudence. Four weepers. Can't remember the last time I had that many. Still, a mostly BBS finish. The post shave products were very good. PAA's Briar Aftershave reminds me of people smoking pipes. I really like that smell.
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
20210926_194817.jpg

View attachment 1335026
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA [emoji631]
SoapNoble Otter Monarch, USA [emoji631]
BrushBGB Sunset G6 Badger, Australia [emoji1037]
RazorPAA Crimson Ghost, USA [emoji631]
BladeDerby Premium, Oman [emoji1190]
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy [emoji634] Proraso Balm Italy [emoji634]
FragranceRalph Lauren Polo Red, USA [emoji631]
Rating8/10

Today it started pleasantly enough in the shave studio. Happily I went about my business getting shaved. During the shave I had a few moments when I was stalked by the home shavers natural enemy, a heinous predator known as the teenager daughter. Opening the studio door I heard that immortal words “Oh your here”. Fortunately she moved on quickly much to my relief allowing me to complete a work-a-day shave in peace.
LOL

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Coates Sandalwood Cream & Ethos
Brush
Omega 81052
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Not enough cream for a complete shave so mixed a combo of the cream and Ethos soap for a super lather. A very nice shave. This is the 8th shave with the Timeless-Lab combo. It continued to give a smooth, close shave. Have a great week, folks.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Bourbon Vanilla shave soap (Non-lathering - tube - applied by hand before 1st pass.)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Seville
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Black Ice Black Licorice-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: Barberry Coast Havana splash

Excellent shave, perfect results. This Barrister and Mann soap makes the slickness cut. I have this base in Seville and Bay Rum, so two soaps saved. In the past, I've always had a bit of a tough time lathering Barrister and Mann soaps, but this morning, it seemed easy. The Gillette Nacet blade was better on shave two than shave one, but good all around. Plenty of life left in it. Barberry Coast Havana is supposed to be a tobacco/cocoa scent. It smells a bit better on than it does if you're sniffing the bottle. From the bottle it smells like a gourmand...very chocolatey...but after splashing it on, the cocoa scent comes down a few notches and the tobacco comes forward a little.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

A Kit 20210927.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Timeless TI .68SB
Blade: Personna Platinum
Soap: Arianna & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS with no touch ups. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Shave couldn't be better! I forgot how nice it is to have warm lather using the G20.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave today, SEptember 27th 2021

Razor: Everready 1914 (AKA LLC)- Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, great audio feedback, great results + a joy to use.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + best price per shave SE blade out there IMO.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavada cream, nice mild lavender scent + excellent lather quality's.
Brush: Yaqi 26 mm Rainbow brow whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm( excellent balm + scentless)
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my ER 1914 with a Gem coated blade.

SOTD,  Sep 27th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Monday morning shave, last shave for this trip to Brooklyn- heading home tonight. Two-passes, plus clean-up, 9++/10, DFS, no weepers, irritation, or stubble remaining; loving the Brooklyn water, seems everything lathers great here:

Pre-shave: cool shower
Razors: Occam's Razor- two-dot head
Blade: Feather AC Pro (5)
Brush: Omega 10019 scrubby small boar-
Soap: ARKO stick
Post-shave: cold rinse, then a very nice splash of Fine American Blend

Have a wonderful week!

PXL_20210927_143217267.jpg

20210926_084716.jpg

Razor: Gem Contour II
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger