What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

05 September 2021
20210905_061607.jpg

Prep:
Spice Bar soap
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb—China & Germany
Cream:
Old Spice Original—India Until it is used up
Blade:
Gillette Platinum—Russia? (No printed Blade Label) Shave #1
Brush:
Omega—11126—Italy
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
9.8 DFS
Comments:
A nice break-in shave with a new blade. Microscopic stubble, no nicks, but two clumsiness weepers.

26A7DCF3-0639-443C-9B10-2ACAEFF3D696.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (3)
Brush: Omega Jade Boar
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Santa Paula

Good morning! Sometimes I feel like face lathering MWF with a boar brush is a lathering experience that can’t be beat. Today is one of those days. Nice and easy two passes with the Lupo / Astra. Finished with Santa Paula. Darn fine shave!

9/10

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skin Food
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Another nice lather with the Ethos Unscented. Next week I intend to try the Ethos Lavender. The Aristocrat – Wizamet combo gave me a nice, BBS shave. For a smaller razor, it is heavy – something I like. Have a great day, folks.

Today I used the electric shaver for black men. Yes yes there are special razors for black men. Because our stubble is thicker and we are more overgrown. So we need a tougher razor. One that can remove all those hairs that we don't need. That razor needs to cut close to the skin. Ensuring that your sensitive skin stays intact. Who's wondering. There are quite a few razors like this. I've tried most here and settled on the Philips Norelco S9721/89. An electric rotating razor that will take care of straight stiff hair. 60 minutes of operating time. 3 shaving elements. Face contour sensor.
View attachment 1323029

You know this is word for word the same post as yesterday right?

Pre shave: Hot water / Proraso Green Pre-Shave
Brush: NOM Bristle Boar
Soap: Speick Tube (Lavender)
Blade: Lord Platinum (7)
Razor: Wilkinsons Sword

Rate: 9/10. Revisiting my first DE razor. Great BBS. I forgot that the weight of this razor is the real driver. Absolutely no pressure needed.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Sept 5th 2021

Razor: Stick Schick injector L theme series, nice milder injector, I like the theme, kind of reminds me growing up in my youth.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE blade, very sharp, excellent blade, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice Vanilla & light Tobacco scents.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26mm synthetic :001_wub: , excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine Fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop Nivea balm with HA.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS, no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Stick Schick with a Personna coated injector blade.

SOTD,  Sep 5th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Blackland Sabre on 1 dot plate
Blade: GEM PTFE
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Bowl: Blue Timeless Bowl
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS shave with two touch ups. No weepers, cuts but some minor irritation. Second shave with the Sabre. Jury still out as to my opinion. Shave was better today, but had some minor irritation but have that with GEM razors too. Might step up to 2 dot plate tomorrow.

Razor: GEM MicroMatic Open Comb; Bumpless (BMMOC)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Paladin El Dorado
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Bergamot Lavender

The Shave: WTG/ATG with XTG goatee touch up. The Haslinger exploded into 2.5 great lathers with the El Dorado…just great. I love the face feel of my Paladin El Dorado there is plenty of backbone and scrub with zero scritch.
My ugly user grade BMMOC (tarnished with love and use) is a great shaver, efficient and gentle with a light touch. I finished with Stirling Bergamot Lavender for the clean calm feel that goes well with the Schafmilch. 9.9/10 I deducted .1 for not going for the full three passes, looks like I had the lather to do it. I’m a big dummy but, a well shaved big dummy.
C34C0F50-3FEB-4577-B196-6A85392D70CE.jpeg
90856AA1-4938-4044-A6B4-7A093B32617A.jpeg
3CFCE77A-7BDE-48F4-BD98-D6F8C4E1C9EE.jpeg

Soap: Stirling Port-au-Prince
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / VIBR

Quick 2 passer. Was going to do another DE shave today but starting to get those little red bumps on my neck that like to show up when doing too many DE shaves in a row. Bad technique for sure, but I don't have that issue with a straight razor.

Kind of darkish and cool outside. VIBR seems oh so right.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Birthday Shave - Sunday

Pre-shave:
Shower
Razor: B3 Gillette Red Tip (3rd quarter, 1956)
Blade: GSB, 2nd shave
Soap: Cella (red-original)
Brush: TGN Best Badger reknotted Ever Ready
After shave: Thayer's unscented and Cella red A/S Splash

CCS , 8.5 / 10.0

Another fine shave on my birthday razor. I do prefer milder razors, but this red tip has an avid following for a reason. Gillette made a great many classics and the red tip is deserving of its following for sure.

I wasn't trying for the best shave today for two reasons. First, I was in a hurry to get out and meet some friends for a trip to the shooting range. Second, I've been concentrating on my best shaves while testing various blades in a fat handle tech and I wanted to lighten up a bit just to give my face a bit of a rest. Close, comfortable shave today, and quick, too! I think I'll retire the red tip until next August, now.

Birthday Shave! Saturday

Pre-shave:
Shower
Razor: B3 Gillette Red Tip (3rd quarter, 1956)
Blade: GSB, 1st shave
Soap: Tabac (old version)
Brush: B&B Omega Boar
After shave: Thayer's unscented and Pinaud Clubman A/S Splash

DFS shave, 9.0 / 10.0

Well, I've been playing with different blades in the Gillette fat-handle tech recently, and then I got distracted with my "high school shave" using the same razor I started shaving with back in the day, the Schick M3 Adjustable. With all the fun I've been having I forgot my birthday shave!

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, but I do have a birthday quarter red tip, in the correct box, with the correct instruction sheet, and I just found the correct blades for it on the 'bay, so soon to have a complete birthday razor package! Anyway, I do not need an aggressive razor, may have been better off with a blue tip or a plain, but what I found was a red tip so it is what I have. The more aggressive razor does not bother me at all, however, as I've been so focused on technique the last few weeks, this shave was delightful.

And holy moly, did I nail the lather. The stuff I pulled out of the brush was as dense as what you get out of a Gillette Foamy can, but much slicker. And controversial as it is, I love the scent, maybe I should have paired it with The Veg today, but I was in a Clubman mood. Tomorrow.

View attachment 1322561
Happy Belated Birthday buddy!

20210904_084345.jpg

Razor: Schick B2 Magazine Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten

Relaxing wonderful Sunday shave, three passes, 10/10, BBS, no issues, no irritation, and no stubble:

Pre-shave: a little of the wife's hair conditioner on my beard while showering
Razors: Occam's razor- two-dot head- razor seems to match my needs wonderfully
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)- sharp and smooth
Brush: Shavemac 20mm Pure badger- this BST buy has broken in well and is great for smaller tubs, like Cella
Soap: Cella- a classic with that almond scent
Post-shave: rinse, a nice splash of Floid Vigoroso, a great finish to my shave

Shave well and stay healthy!

PXL_20210905_175834959.jpg

Top Bottom