What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap: Cella
Razor: Pre-war Fat Handle Tech
Blade: 7 O'clock SS (1)
Brush: AoS Synthetic (made by Muhle I believe)
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive

Travel shave. Brought down my first brush which used to be my daily driver for a long time. Despite it being the only brush to ever give me brush burn, it performed great. The glue bump is insane so splaying too hard is a recipe for disaster. Will be adding it back into the rotation once in a while though. Will not hesitate to travel with it again.

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Colonial General SS V2
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG
Soap: Stirling Varen
Bowl: Blue Timeless Shave Bowl
Brush: Zenith Kotibe Silvertip Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Did have to do two touchups on neck and chin.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210623_084544_2.jpg

Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Complete shaving notes here:

BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/bosc-warriors-vs-the-scheermes-roedter-1909-titan-let-the-battle-begin.609465/

Good shave. :cool:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Which Platinum blade? I had really great shaves with the dark blue box in my Lupo, but I haven’t tried the light blue one yet, partially because I didn’t like them in my other razors.

Also, yeah, the Solar Flare is something special. Punches way above its pay grade.

It's the darker blue Gillette Platinum box. Yeah, I was really loving that brush this morning. I have a couple of their other brushes. As you noted, pretty darn good for the price point.

20210209_124604.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten.

Lots of great looking and sounding shaves this morning!

Wednesday- a wonderful follow up to yesterday's Feather DX 10/10 BBS shave, a quick two-pass shave, 9+/10, DFS:

Pre-shave: just a shower, no swim today, it was raining this morning in AZ; first time the mercury dipped below 80 this week, but the humidity shot up, so it still feels warm
Razor: Occam's Razor- two-dot plate, not quite as close as my Feather DX shave yesterday, but effortless and enjoyable. I wanted to see if using the Occam's almost exclusively for the last few months while away distorted my perceptions of the razor, and it was still really nice to use and delivered a great shave
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (2)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best- nice all-around brush
Soap: Fine L'Orange Noir- this is my last puck of the discontinued hard soap, I'm going to use it sparingly, haven't tried the new stuff yet, but this performed just Fine :001_rolle
Post-shave: cool rinse, alum, cool rinse, then a big splash Fine L'Orange Noir AS- no burn from either the alum or alcohol, so I must have done a good enough job

Hoping your next shave is relaxing and fun!
PXL_20210623_173810444.jpg

Gamechanger .84,Voskhod(2),Stirling black cherry,Simpsons Tulip1,Thayers,Prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green pre/post shave.Great shave smooth,close,comfortable no weepers or irritation.Took a little bit too long on pickups to get to BBS so will go back to a sharper blade next time.I think the Lupo.95 has spoilt me a little in the last few shaves.Still a great shave. 9/10 Take care happy shaves everyone.
20210623_142826[1].jpg

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Wade & Butcher Sheffield (First time using!)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Custom Prototype Brush - Synthetic​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
9.6/10 DFS! No nicks! No irritation!
  • First time using this SR!

Thu 24 SOTD
Cream/Soap Suezbana Lemon & TeaTree
Brush Zenith Pro Aluminum 28mm B14 Boar
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice.
Stunning lather from the cream/soap! On this 2nd-use was able to fully utilize the awesome brush to whip up an uber creamy, very slick, and really refreshing scented lather...
Shave with this more aggressive F plate paired with the excellent blade was quite smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish. Aftershaves were excellent. Rating 10/10!
20210624_100117.jpg

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Voshkod (3)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Empress” with 26mm V10 Fanchurian (Bulb)
Soap* and Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr
* Added 9 drops of Barrister and Mann Terrorade Cooling Additive to the lather
Result: 9.5 / 10

Great 3 pass shave, close and smooth except for a small spot under my jaw I didn’t notice I missed until I was applying the aftershave. Had minor weepers on my chin that went away with the alum but no cuts or irritation. Great spring / summer scent and the Terrorade was appreciated on this warm, muggy day.

View attachment 1286022

Unbelievable match of colors on the brush handle and matching set! What a cool photo.

A quick note on the PAA Solar Flare brush...this is not one of those brushes that keeps the soap to itself. As I painted on the lather, it distributed it very easily and made that process so much easier.

You guys are going to make me "need" one of these if you keep talking about it in such glowing terms.

There’s something really nice about a start to finish “Spice” shave.

Yep!

No shave for me today so I am living vicariously through you all tonight!

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you

BEBC47C0-50E3-4958-8409-A9CF13DF7034.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapA&E Vanille de Tabac, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBilly Goat Brushworks G6 Badger Sunset, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorTimeless .5 Slim Ti, USA 🇺🇸
BladeAstra SP, Russia 🇷🇺
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePenhaligon’s Halfeti Leather, UK 🇬🇧
Rating9.5/10

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Pears Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: Astra SP (D1)
Brush: Omega 31064 Boar
Soap: Proraso Green Tub
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Old Spice Original AS Lotion
Rating : 9.72/10 :pipe:

Very close and silky smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Soap/Cream: Wilkinson soap (blue tub)
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Voskhod (3rd)
AS: cold rinse; Nivea Sensitive Balm, Pinaud Virgin Island bay rum.
Lukewarm shower: La Maison de Savon de Marseille 'Demon'

Two passes (WTG/ATG), Excellent shave. Finally figured out how to handle the hair growth direction on the right bottom part of my neck. No more irritation and red dots. I hope.

9,5/10 for me

Prep: Warm shower
Razor: Ikon B1 OC Deluxe
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Cravingshaving Splendor Cyborg
Soap: Seibo Dominican Chocolate
Aftershave: Choco Cubanio

Great shave due to razor. Was visiting mom and stopped in shaving store. Saw the razor and thought I would buy. No prior knowledge or any research. It is a great razor and truly enjoy it.

Top Bottom