What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Captain's Choice Venture soap
Brush: AP Shave Co. synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Astra SS (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Venture splash

Wonderful shave, great results. Two days of growth wiped away, DFS/BBS. Can't ask for anything better. Hadn't used Venture soap or splash in a while and it caught my eye. The Astra SS works very well in the Lupo .72...very smooth and plenty sharp. No picture today...pressed for time.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Last edited:
7A90F883-25C8-4D40-AA26-522A934EC618.jpeg

Razor: RR Lupo 72
Blade: Nacet (1)
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Aftershave: CF Santa Paula

Good morning! A very nice shave on a warm and steamy morning thanks in part to Orange Chill. Mostly out of curiosity, I added a couple drops of tea tree oil to my lather which certainly added to the refreshing qualities of the soap. Certainly something I’ll try again. Fresh Nacet in the Lupo for a comfortable BBS

9.5/10

Razor: RazoRock Gamechanger, .84
Blade: KAI (1)
Brush: Omega 10018 Boar, 23mm

Soap: Huntlee Master Lather,Sweet Tobacco

Post: Dickinson's Witch Hazel with peppermint and tea tree oils added,
RazoRock Baby Blue After Shaving Splash

During the shave I was thinking that I could be getting a better shave. On reflection, I think I was equating lack of blade feel with lack of efficiency because I ended up with a great BBS. Three passes with no nicks or weepers or razor burn.
I'm going to start using KAI more.
Gamechanger .84 delivers a great, smooth
and efficient shave. It pairs excellently with the KAI imo.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Amare
Brush
B&B Essential Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Third shave with the Timeless and Med Prep combo and third excellent shave. Today I used the B&B Essential Boar – one of the best loading brushes I have. Another excellent shave.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC #6)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Soap: VITOS Extra Super
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Ramblin’ Man

The Shave: WTG/ATG and XTG goatee for a DFS. I always enjoy VITOS, it makes a nice lather, the almond scent is relaxing, and my face feels great.
The PAA Solar Flare is exceptional, it’s hard to believe this level of performance and comfort is available at the price.
Really enjoying MMOC #6 it shaves as well as it looks.
9.5/10.
0CAD6D63-EFAE-4630-BECE-3FF9D645DF0C.jpeg
6714514F-C5B4-446F-B9C2-E43B3C0D9AE8.jpeg
5CEEC29E-FDEA-4E05-AE76-7F36689888A6.jpeg

Soap/Cream: Wilkinson soap (blue tub)
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (8th)
AS: cold rinse; Nivea Sensitive Balm, Pinaud Virgin Island bay rum.
Lukewarm shower: La Maison de Savon de Marseille 'Demon'

Two passes (WTG/ATG), Yet another excellent shave. 3rd day with the Wilkinson - Pinaud combination. I'm still not sure wether I like the smell of Wilkinson. I do like the way this smell intrigues me. And the combo with the bay rum is excellent (even though the cloves are too dominant for me when splashing it on).
The other day, my wife gave this combo high marks, guessing 'it goes well with your (my that is) skin'.

9,5/10 for me

Razor: Ever-Ready 1912 (Made in England)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (4)
Brush: Dscosmetic/Oumo - Red Tip Queen 24mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Ethos - Peppermint
Aftershave: Ethos - Peppermint Splash
06C22396-97F2-4023-9B1A-78E3F85E8B6B.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Is my face red!
Shave day colour coordination? Just trying to beat that hotshot @Chard52142 at his own game.
As expected, it’s pretty hard to have a bad shave from any of the 1912 model razors. I just got this ER version in a “two fer” deal, which is great because my first ASR purchase on eBay was the exact same British 1912, but it came with a snapped of blade stop. I learned to be more vigilant.
Ethos has me smelling minty fresh with a nice chill hanging in the background.
A nice shave, but it’s raining so I got a late start to the day. I guess I’ll just chill.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC #6)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Soap: VITOS Extra Super
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Ramblin’ Man

The Shave: WTG/ATG and XTG goatee for a DFS. I always enjoy VITOS, it makes a nice lather, the almond scent is relaxing, and my face feels great.
The PAA Solar Flare is exceptional, it’s hard to believe this level of performance and comfort is available at the price.
Really enjoying MMOC #6 it shaves as well as it looks.
9.5/10.
View attachment 1284924View attachment 1284925View attachment 1284926
I've never tried VITOS but I like Almond scent too. Thanks for the good post.

View attachment 1284927
Is my face red!
Shave day colour coordination? Just trying to beat that hotshot @Chard52142 at his own game.
As expected, it’s pretty hard to have a bad shave from any of the 1912 model razors. I just got this ER version in a “two fer” deal, which is great because my first ASR purchase on eBay was the exact same British 1912, but it came with a snapped of blade stop. I learned to be more vigilant.
A nice shave, but it’s raining so I got a late start to the day. I guess I’ll just chill.
Nice red theme, but you're going up against a veteran at that.

IMG_0918.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Stirling Deep Blue Sea
Shave: 4 passes
Rating: 9.5/10
Aftershave: Speick

One of my favorite vintage razors. Pairs well for me with the Nacet. Very smooth and forgiving, I get irritation and burn free shaves, 4th pass gives me an extra day before I feel the need to shave again. Stirling soap is great as usual. Just got this sample of Deep Blue Sea and I really like it. Wife noticed it right away and commented on the nice scent, something she almost never does. I like a scent that is very present during the shave, but fades quickly and Stirling seems to have nailed that quality, at least in the ones I've tried so far.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, June 21st 2021

Razor: Gem G bar- Mfg 1953-58, very nice mild to mid range razor, nice change up in the Gem rotation, built to last.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi cola 22 mm, nice feel & look to handle, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + minor blemish irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.

GEMonday, June 21st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

My Mojo is back

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Timeless Ti .68SB
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Soap: Zingariman The Nomad
Bowl: Blue Timeless Shave Bowl
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X3 Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Made an effort today to use no pressure, it works!

Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller Steerhide
Brush: Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

Decided to use my favorite things (as of late) due to being out town after today. I do not bring a straight on the road. Just did a quick 2 passer as I shaved late yesterday afternoon. Good result, although a little weepery trying to push the 2nd pass. In retrospect I should have just done a 3 passer. Still a good shave though.

9/10

View attachment 1284927
Is my face red!
Awesome, energetic, and vibrant!! Great collection of gears! You sure took the round and perhaps the Championship... 😃😃

20210620_083127.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1912, Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Rating Ten. The 1912 never disappoints!

Partly Sunny Monday Shave:

Fatip OC Slant Piccolo
Personna Med Prep (6)
Semogue C5 Torga premium boar brush
PAA Ice Cube 2 pre-shave soap as stick
Haslinger Schafmilch as stick + Don Marco shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel with Pereja Limon Kolonya
LEA 3-in-1 balm

Clean, very close shave; accidental BBS

Brush: Kent BK4 Silvertip
Spone da Barba: Proraso Green
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: Derby Extra
Lozione Dopobarbra: Proraso Green
Rating: 8/10

Very nice 2-pass shave. Love the scent of Proraso AS! Not as smooth as I normally get with this razor hence the 8/10. Maybe the blade? I've mostly been shaving with Astra Platinum lately but came back to the Derby Extra to try to burn through some surplus blades. May try this combo again soon to troubleshoot, but overall still a great shave to start the week!

16242863048457730060558576766644.jpg

Top Bottom