What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap: Ethos Greenfresh
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey “Red Wolf” 28mm, 2 Band Shavemac Bulb; this combo of handle and knot is incredible, it is so consistently great decided to move it to my number 2 spot.
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.35 gap SB, absolutely wonderful no touch up needed for BBS shave.
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, PdP No. 63 Cologne

I really think moving to the EJ 3one6 as my second razor and learning how to use that razor set me up perfectly for the Timeless .95 SB, then to the WR2 1.35 gap both have been incredibly easy transitions .

10/10
5D67191E-D762-489E-A232-302E96663428.jpeg
63EEEEA7-32E8-4585-86E3-0F801486B27B.jpeg
E0146FFB-E97B-4D04-93D2-43865B48D73B.jpeg
9A55C2EB-AA80-4BB8-850D-F9C9E18B40F6.jpeg
4C6681F6-C610-42C7-A0E6-A256B7CF77CB.jpeg
741DE3F0-1E3A-43CC-A68B-357D16A50C57.jpeg
0DEB4EA9-148D-40BC-818E-64FB1DBD0709.jpeg

Sat 19 BOTR SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Another awesome lather from the soap. Richly creamy and very slick plus a good scent & cooling sensation...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs result without any issues. Good aftershaves. Rating 10/10!
20210619_140328.jpg

Soap: Ethos Greenfresh
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey “Red Wolf” 28mm, 2 Band Shavemac Bulb; this combo of handle and knot is incredible, it is so consistently great decided to move it to my number 2 spot.
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.35 gap SB, absolutely wonderful no touch up needed for BBS shave.
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, PdP No. 63 Cologne

I really think moving to the EJ 3one6 as my second razor and learning how to use that razor set me up perfectly for the Timeless .95 SB, then to the WR2 1.35 gap both have been incredibly easy transitions .

10/10View attachment 1283735View attachment 1283739View attachment 1283740View attachment 1283741View attachment 1283742View attachment 1283743View attachment 1283744

Congrats Doug on the new Wolfman, looks great with the crown handle, like they were meant for each other 👍

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Voshkod (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Soap and Aftershave (splash and balm): Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Rating: 10 / 10

I got some sunburn on my lower face (chin and jaw) that was starting to peel so I contemplated skipping the shave. I sucked it up, took it easy though using a Voshkod that always give me a comfortable shave and did WTG, XTG and XTG instead of a final ATG pass. Got a DFS with no cuts, weepers or irritation and the sunburned area actually felt better after the shave I think from the lather and aftershave balm. Considering I was going to skip the shave, the result was better then I had hoped.

7B28141B-CF8E-4108-83F3-FCB07C4B3EE1.jpeg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
41842C4B-3AF5-4E6C-B604-74D01D94154B.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapMurphy and McNeil Barbershop de los Muertos 2, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBilly Goat Brushworks G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorTimeless.05 ti Slim, USA 🇺🇸
BladeVoskhod, Russia 🇷🇺
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceMurphy and McNeil Barbershop de los Muertos 2, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9.5/10

A grey Saturday morning. Or "British summer" as it's otherwise known.

Thiers Issard 11/16 round point straight razor
Semogue "Pharos" black horse brush
Stirling "Triumph" soap
Superdrug "Forest Fresh" aftershave

I've spent part of this week putting a satisfactory edge on some razors that weren't quite there - this one's a known and trusted edge, so using it this morning was a bit of a break from novelty - which I suppose made it something of a novelty.

Semogue and Stirling seem to like each other, and Superdrug aftershave always makes me think I'm being financially responsible.

Might be habit from the rest of the week, but I'm looking for things that aren't quite there. I'm not finding any, so it'd be unjust to give it less than a "10".

A Chance of Showers Saturday Shave:

Fatip OC Slant Piccolo
Personna Med Prep (4)
Semogue 1250 boar brush
PAA Ice Cube 2 pre-shave soap as stick
Wilkinson Sword stick + Omega Eucalyptus shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel with Pereja Limon Kolonya
LEA 3-in-1 balm

Clean, very close shave; accidental BBS

Project: "Odds & Ends" continues...someday soon I'll finish a shaving soap...

An excellent combo today on a 48-hour beard:

Hoffritz vintage slant/Personna Red blade (2)

Proraso Green cream (Tabac stick as pre-shave)

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Chiseled Face Midnight Stag AS, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Early morning luxury as we wait for more tropical rain. I washed the face and throat with Tabac stick, then loaded the brush with Proraso and face-lathered. Following the regulation 3-minute wait, I applied the SR skin-stretching as I did the cheeks (WTG) and lower lip (which pretty much has to be XTG in that space; it's limited by my Commander Riker beard). Not too much stretch on the throat's first pass, which is WTG. Then pass 2 on cheeks (ATG) and lower lip. Throat, ATG; pass 3 there only, XTG and a bit of cleanup. The skin-stretching technique really makes ATG on the cheeks unnecessary, as pass 1 achieves near BBS to start with. I wound up with Midnight Stag (wow, what a cooling effect!), lotion, and powder, and off to breakfast!

Verdict: 9.8!!

19 June 2021
20210619_055301_HDR.jpg

Prep: Old Spice Bar soap
Razor: WCS 84S--China
Cream: Old Spice Musk—India till used up
Brush: Gray Dog--Ohio
Blade: Feather Stainless—Japan Shave #4
Passes: WTG and ATG
Cleanup: Rinsed and dried face
Aftershave: Brut--Mexico
Rating(s): 10.0 BBS
Comments: A no stubble, nicks or weepers shave. A great way to start an errand filled day.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 LE Sovereign Fibre
Soap: ARKO
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The Shave: An easy WTG/ATG shave for a DFS. Face lathering ARKO with a synthetic brush may actually be faster than can goo. The lather appears instantly…but I face lathered for a while enjoying the feel and scent.
More MMOC you can never have enough, great performers, easy to use with the correct technique and pressure, and great results. Finished with AV…just to ensure Saturday was off to a good start. Have a great day.
D12A0AE9-1EB0-4C7C-BB10-3C883C6E52C9.jpeg
EB4EA811-8008-4F2E-8EEC-0EBDB48B8BA0.jpeg
212DDCB6-CC1E-4680-BFA1-AEBB4EF79F46.jpeg

Razor: GEM - Junior (Bar) 1907
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (3)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Stirling Barbershop
Aftershave: Noble Otter - Barrbarr
896F3D36-14E1-45FC-A542-79EC462C7224.jpeg
Shave Rating: 10/10
Raising the bar for Junior
GEM Jr “Bar” razor. This was was GEMs first razor where they moved away from solid wedge blades.
It was designed to showcase their new modern spined SE “Damaskeene” blades.
3EDD2781-13D2-47EC-927E-8475D382F396.jpeg

A very smooth shaver, although it seemed like it didn’t shave the first pass as close as I’m used to. That could also be my imagination, but never fear, it easily took me to a comfortable BBS in three passes.
Where this razor seemed to really excel, was the moustache and entire chin area. I usually have to gnaw away at these areas, but the Junior Bar took them down to the hardwood just as easily as “kiss my hand”!
When I was cleaning up the blade dispenser that came with this razor, I found two unused “Damaskeene” blades, still in their cardboard sleeves, hidden under the spring. Eventually I’ll have a Damaskeene shave with this razor like it was 1906 again.

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Amare
Brush
Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.
Comments
My Saturday shave. The da Vinci is a wonderful brush. Couple that with the Timeless SB.68 with a Personna Medical Prep blade and you have a fantastic shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Sir Henry's Island Estate Bay Rum soap
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Muhle SS (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Black Ice Black Licorice-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Sir Henry's Island Estate Bay Rum splash

Excellent shave...great results, DFS/BBS with no blood or injuries. The Muhle on its third use was still sharp and smooth. However, I decided to swap it out and replaced it with an Astra SS for the next outing. Firstt use for this soap. I found the scent to be up to the splash, a very nice spicy Bay Rum scent. It lathered quickly and easily...I slowly added water while whipping it up and it responded well. The protection it provided was decent, although...I can't put my finger on it, but...it seemed to me, although the lather was the consistency of Cool Whip Dessert topping, to be a little on the loose side. It's just hard to describe...maybe a little wet which might not be a bad thing...perhaps it holds on to moisture well. It painted on fine. First use of it so I'll see next time. I'll use it again soon. Smells wonderful. I would rate this Bay Rum scent in the top six. Overall this was an excellent shave. I like Yaqi brushes...I now have three. This was the second use for this one.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210619.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim 1968, N2
Blade: Israeli Personna (1)
Brush: RazoRock Chrome Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic, 24mm
Bowl: Van Yulay Honeycomb

Soap: Stirling Unscented with Beeswax
First use. Arrived yesterday.

Alum block,
Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars After Shave Splash

The new Stirling soap was excellent, excellent is PAR for Stirling.
Gillette Slim was set on 4. Three full passes and most of a fourth ATG on my neck and jaw. No nicks or weepers or razor burn, yet I recieved a pleasant sting from the alum block because of the shave's closeness.
BBS all over. Excellent aftershave.
TOTAL 10.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, June 19th 2021

Razor: Gillette New Long comb, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's, excellent mid range, nice razor to manipulate the face, all brass and made to last. One of Gillette's finest razors conceived IMO.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon blade(5) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with some longevity.
Soap: Speick triple milled soap, great mild spicy scent that is not over whelming with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm timber wolf synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups, WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Gillette new long comb with a Wilkinson coated blade.

DE SOTD, Sat, June 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Sir Henry's Island Estate Bay Rum soap
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Muhle SS (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Black Ice Black Licorice-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Sir Henry's Island Estate Bay Rum splash

Excellent shave...great results, DFS/BBS with no blood or injuries. The Muhle on its third use was still sharp and smooth. However, I decided to swap it out and replaced it with an Astra SS for the next outing. Firstt use for this soap. I found the scent to be up to the splash, a very nice spicy Bay Rum scent. It lathered quickly and easily...I slowly added water while whipping it up and it responded well. The protection it provided was decent, although...I can't put my finger on it, but...it seemed to me, although the lather was the consistency of Cool Whip Dessert topping, to be a little on the loose side. It's just hard to describe...maybe a little wet which might not be a bad thing...perhaps it holds on to moisture well. It painted on fine. First use of it so I'll see next time. I'll use it again soon. Smells wonderful. I would rate this Bay Rum scent in the top six. Overall this was an excellent shave. I like Yaqi brushes...I now have three. This was the second use for this one.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

View attachment 1283920
Looks like your back using the RR Lupo .72 for your daily shaves! It is a great razor and I enjoy using mine also.

04D6D5CC-2009-49C8-8BCD-8EE6B020EE67.jpeg

Razor: RR Lupo .72
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Soap: Electric Pineapple
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

Good morning! I was able to have a nice leisurely shave this morning that was hard to beat. I face lathered my new “Electric Pineapple” (Electric Sheep x Iced Pineapple) with the Phantom Aerolite and got some dense creamy slick lather. These PAA synthetics work so well. The Lupo continues to work really well for me. Smooth and efficient, with just a little more blade feel than my vintage Gillettes. Some claim the .95 plate is even smoother, so I ordered one yesterday to find out. I’ll let y’all know next week some time.

A really enjoyable shave. BBS.

10/10

Razor: Gillette Slim 1968, N2
Blade: Israeli Personna (1)
Brush: RazoRock Chrome Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic, 24mm
Bowl: Van Yulay Honeycomb

Soap: Stirling Unscented with Beeswax
First use. Arrived yesterday.

Alum block,
Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars After Shave Splash

The new Stirling soap was excellent, excellent is PAR for Stirling.
Gillette Slim was set on 4. Three full passes and most of a fourth ATG on my neck and jaw. No nicks or weepers or razor burn, yet I recieved a pleasant sting from the alum block because of the shave's closeness.
BBS all over. Excellent aftershave.
TOTAL 10.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I thought I may have tried all the Stirling soaps I was tempted to try (well, I do have a couple I haven’t gotten to yet in my den) but this is the second time I’ve seen the beeswax one here, so now that’s gonna be a thing. Guess I have to find some other stuff to order along with it.

Top Bottom