What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Rating: 9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Tabac shave cream (tube)
Brush: Maggards synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .95
Blade: Van Der Hagen SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Black Ice Black Licorice-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Lustray Coachman splash

A very nice shave...very close. I used more of the Tabac cream this time. The scent of this product is actually growing on me...you just never know. The lather was excellent. The result is DFS/BBS with two weepers on either side of my lower neck. I took a point off, but I'm not sure to blame myself or the blade for the weepers. The Van Der Hagen blade feels good while shaving with it. The closeness of the shave speaks volumes for the blade. They were small weepers, one of them bled a bit longer than I would have liked and yet I still did not have to use the styptic. I swapped out the Van Der Hagen blade in the Lupo .95 and put in a Gillette Platinum for the next outing. Still, all in all, a great shave. And Tabac is back in the rotation. The Coachman splash is actually a pretty close match for Tabac...it complements the Tabac scent.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

View attachment 1283410
I like Coachman a lot. Good old fashioned splash.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (5)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise
Aftershave: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise
Rating: 10/10 - One of my favorite soap scents! It really is the scent of not just Savannah, but spring/summer in the South.

Friday morning- I had a bit more time this morning, so I did a relaxed two-pass shave, 9++/10, DFS+, one small weeper, caught a facial crease I guess; close, super smooth and just shy of BBS:

Pre-shave: shower and the humid Florida air
Razor: Occam's razor- two-dot plate- very close and comfy shave today
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)- quite sharp and solid performance
Brush: Shavemac small pure badger- loving this little guy
Soap: Canada Shave Soap- simply delightful- this soap just continues to impress me with its really high quality protective, slick, easy to build lather. My puck, after about 30 shaves is showing some use now, I put a picture below. The soap is on the pricey side, it was $45 US delivered, but the way it's lasting IMHO it's well worth the price of admission. I'm happy I now have a puck for each of our two homes.
Post-shave: cool water rinse, pat dry, Epsilon Amber AS splash; nice scent and feel, I missed having Clubman around, but ill be home by Sunday.

Shave close and true, and stay well!

PXL_20210618_135758842.jpg

Here's the picture of my Canada puck after this morning's shave. It's starting to show some use, but at this rate I'm guessing maybe 300 shaves/per puck?
PXL_20210618_140029593.jpg

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC #4)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Yaqi Purple Mink
Cream: Captain’s Choice Land Ho!
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Island Time

The Shave: W/X/A for a BBS. First use of Captain’s Choice Island Time AS, I like it. It opens up with a tropical fruit scent explosion and then mellows into a day on the beach if Turks and Caicos.
MMOC excellent shaves continue.
I needed the 3 pass shave to get into the zone and relax. I was up working till 3AM with forward deployed/remote assets. I’m getting to old for 21 hour work days. This morning’s shave reinvigorated me and prepared me for today.
68E424B4-45AD-4AF9-94FF-2BE66D514858.jpeg
C0A0B5FE-8B10-446D-AA61-7E0290B6E01D.jpeg
0CA4DCCA-835D-4C23-B6AC-4BDC30BCA3D9.jpeg
2C77B73C-03C9-4137-88C5-EF44FC7ACAA8.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, June 18th 2021

Razor: Kai style shavette(clone)- Mfg2017> Well built shavette, I like the folding type, easy to manipulate, good results usually.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded- Excellent guarded blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity(7 uses usually).
Soap: Speick, nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush- great lather generator, Nice handle , soft tips nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 chin weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Kai style shavette + a Kai Protouch.
SOTD- Fri, June 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Razor: Muhle R89 TWIST
Blade: Durablade 7a.m Hi Platinum (2)
Brush: Liojuny Shaving Silvertip Badger, 24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Lather: I Coloniali Softening Shaving Cream with Rhubarb

Stirling Peach Aftershave Splash

A very good lather and brush. Three passes to a near complete BBS..Rhubarb & Peach. I have my fruits and vegetables for the day.
The Durablade blade gives me a pretty smooth shave. Like most blades, it probably depends a lot on the razor it's being used in.
The Muhle R89 TWIST is a very good razor. Not as aggressive as the R41. I like it better I think, but the kind of shaves I want from day to day varies.
I woke up in the middle of the night. Ordered the Karve E Solid Bar. Went over to Italian Barber and ordered the RazoRock Blue ECO SE razor, the blue lather bowl on sale for $8 USD, the MONSTER 26mm Plissoft brush and a tube of La Toja Shave Cream. Went over to Lichess and lost a 5 minute game of blitz chess, went back to bed.
I might be more productive staying asleep.

"YA THINK? "[emoji1]

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

When I used to party, I’d often not even know I’d been midnight shopping till it arrived. I believe that’s how I got my Led Zeppelin collection.

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Colonial General SS V2
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG
Soap: Arianna & Evans Asian Pear
Bowl: Blue Timeless
Brush: Stirling Persian Jar PJ3 Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Stypic Pencil, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black AS
Rating: 9.75/10 Very Good 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. Two weepers (opened up two prior ones), no cuts or irritation.

A Few Clouds Friday Shave:

Fatip OC Slant + bull mastiff handle
Personna Med Prep (3)
RR Bruce synth brush
PAA Ice Cube 2 pre-shave soap as stick
Haslinger Schafmilch as stick + Don Marco shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel with Pereja Limon Kolonya
Speick splash

Clean, close shave; DFS+

20210617_102551.jpg

Razor: Christy Massage Bar Single Edge Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Mamba razor with feather blade. Pacific shaving Co. Caffinated shave cream. Figuro after shave rite out of refrigerator. No brush today. Great smooth shave invigorating with cold after shave. I'm smooth no redness or bumps. I just started trying brushless creams and this one is great and inexpensive

Today's shave

Preshave:From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB

Soap: Uncle Jon’s Cucumber melon
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Cologne: Tom Ford’s F***ing Fabulous. Taking the Lady out so I put on the good stuff.

DFS. Another weeper. The smallest of weepers but there it was. The dart strikes again.

Pre-shave: Proraso red
Cream: La Toja
Brush: Omega boar
Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Dorco (store generic)

9.8/10

On the verge of being a BBS, just one spot on the front of the neck I couldn't quite get perfect. I was short on time (I shouldn't have even taken the time for three passes), so I didn't try to get those last stubborn whiskers.

My first use of La Toja cream. I think it smells really bad. 🤢

Razor: Parker 94R Hefty; three piece safety bar razor
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge, yellow pack (shaves 3 through 7?)
Brush: Omega Sintex synthetic
Soap: Palmolive stick
Rating: 9.5 - 9.9

Five? shaves while on the road with this razor/blade/brush/soap combination. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, usually no nicks, and never any burning or irritation. Great results with the Palmolive, and I'm happy that I replaced Arko in my travel kit with it.

The Sintex brush dries quickly, but it does feel scratchier than modern synthetic brushes, so I am considering replacing it with something better.

The Parker Hefty is a great razor: medium/heavy aggressive, efficient, but forgiving. I find that it shaves a little closer than my Merkur 23C or 34C HDs, and much closer than my EJ DE89. Given this, I recommend it to someone new to DE shaving - or to someone in a hurry.

Good morning! I tried a bit of an experiment today. While I really liked the smell of the Iced Pineapple, I found it to be a bit too icy, so I put an equal sized amount of Electric Sheep in the tub to create... Electric Pineapple!!!
Just wait until you try Iced Sheep! I do like a good Stirling 50/50.

tempImageUZuggd.jpg

Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L -- mmm, ouch?
Lather: Stirling Campania -- very nice
Blade: Kai Captain Original (2) -- didn't feel too great today
Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Splash: Speick Active (not pictured) -- nice rescue potion
Balm: Duke Cannon Ice Cold (not pictured)

I think the brush should be a little more broken in before going all-out with it in a shave. I will wash it a few more times and do some more test lathers. Today's lather was better than yesterday, but the shave was pretty uncomfortable. A few weepers, too.

Rating: 7/10

Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller Steerhide
Brush: Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Lilac Vegetal

Decided on a late evening shave. Was going to skip today but couldn't resist the cutthroat temptation. No cuts/irritation. Very nice shave. The Yankees lost their lead during the shave and almost jumped for joy, which could have potentially sliced my face clean off. My hated for the Yankees has the potential to literally scar me. :)

Top Bottom