What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

784D979B-C408-4D6D-BC90-E475C98D8EEF.jpeg

Razor: RR Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Santa Paula

Good morning! Today was my third use of the Phantom Aerolite, and I am really liking this brush. I face lathered the Electric Sheep and got piles of excellent lather. The Platinum blade is working well in this razor and made for a very comfortable shave. Mostly BBS

9.5/10

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Israeli Personna (2)
Brush: Omega Boar, 23mm

Soap: Huntlee Master Lather,Sweet Tobacco

Proraso Green Aftershave Splash

A smooth and comfortable three passes. No nicks or weepers or razor burn.
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Made it down to Florida, a very long drive from New Jersey through numerous thunderstorms and traffic delays. Traveling out west is much easier, unless it's snowing :001_smile .

Sunday shave- 9+/10, DFS, Occam's razor, Proline (5), Seaforth! Heather soap and AS splash, a nice shave after a couple of long days.

Be well all!

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 (Little Lather Catcher)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (2)
Brush: La Maison du Barbier - Plisson 23mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Stirling - Electric Sheep
Aftershave: Stirling - Electric Sheep (Splash)
EDP: Chanel - Edition Blanche
8564CFA7-4E67-45E1-AA94-6B77781E2B72.jpg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Lil’ Lather Catching Sheep Dog…baa baa baa aah aah aah!
A truly excellent shave. I have two ER 1914 razors, so I chose the most well worn and beat up one for today’s shave. Electric Sheep seems to be quite popular in this forum so I’m giving it a try.
My old “little lather catcher” took to sheep herding right away and I ended up with an Ultra BBS.
Yes, it was one of those enjoyable shaves from start to finish. The soap is pleasantly lemony without too much lemon. Does that make sense? Like the harsh edge was subdued by some meringue.
Anyway, after I splashed on the Electric Sheep AS, I decided that a spritz of Chanel Edition Blanche would finalize things nicely.

Brush: Brad Sears Arley 28mm Estate
Soap: A&E London Gin Club
Razor: WR2 1.15
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Aftershave: A&E London Gin Club

Well, third shave for this razor using a GSB. As I'll post otherwise, this blade has made a world of difference in the shave. When I got the razor, I tried several others and just didn't get a comfortable shave. Tried the GSB. Bam. It worked. Has proved to me that trying a different blade can make all the difference in a razor. So, a great shave today. 9.8/10 (simply because a 10 is for blissful perfection, I've decided; this was just a great shave).
2021.06.13 - WR2 Gin Club Sears.jpeg

Today's shave

Preshave:From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Gillete slim (6)
Blade: Personna "Lab Blue"

Soap: DR Harris Windsor cream
Brush: Semogue 1305
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Cologne: channel Bleu

BBS The slim is my favorite. Next up I will revisit the Blackland dart and see if I can get better and stop the blood letting.

Mostly Cloudy Sunday Shave:

Fatip OC Slant + Gillette fat handle
Feather (2)
PAA Starcraft synth brush
PAA Ice Cube 2 pre-shave soap as stick
Haslinger Schafmilch as stick + Don Marco soap
Dickinson's witch hazel with Pereja Limon Kolonya
Speick splash

Clean, very close shave; accidental BBS

20210612_091113.jpg

Razor: Schick G4 Schick 66 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.5

Razor -Flexi
Blade -Nacet
Soap-Strike Gold Grant
Aftershave -Strike Gold Grant
Brush-Smilesformilez Hammerhead Badger (SOFT!)
Frag -Roja Perfumes Elysium
Shave 9.5
Nice white short sleeve button down shirt ,faded bluejeans with some all white Italian sneakers? Seiko Diver ...felt like and smelled like a million bucks on a rare day off.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Cyril R. Salter Shaving Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Hylamide SubQ Skin Serum
- L'Occitane Cade After-Shave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Muhle Rocca
- Israeli Red (4)
- Semogue SOC Taj Boar

Shave Rating: 8/10
Another nice shave with the Rocca and the Israeli Red, riding the cap is definitely the best angle for me with the razor with the results being a close, smooth and irritation free shave. I'll be trying it out with a Satinex 2000 next week which is allegedly a re-branded Israeli Red so it should be another week of similar shaves.
My Cyril R Salter soap preformed well as always, for £3.90 a puck it punches well above it's price range!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Colonial General V2 SS
Blade: Feather Professional
Soap: Arianna & Evans Kaizen
Bowl: Blue Timeless
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Resin Handle Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Stypic Pencil, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, A & E Kaizen AS
Rating: 9.75/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. Three weepers, No cuts or irritation. Very smooth shave. Going to change back to the Kai ProTouch MG blade.

A simple 36-hour beard shave today, after Saturday morning's super-close shave:

Gillette postwar fat-handled Tech in champagne gold/Feather blade (1)

La Toja stick soap

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

CF Ghost Town Barber Aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Cool shave water this hot afternoon, with baking soda dissolved into it for slipperiness. The La Toja face-lathered beautifully. Pass 1, WTG with skin stretching of the cheeks a la SR shaving; pass 2, throat only, ATG with stretching of the throat as well. Comfortable and smooth, nowhere near BBS, but I don't like to try for that with less than 48 hours' worth of beard.

Verdict: 9.3.

It's funny how I usually don't look forward to shaving with Tabac, but it's always awesome . . .

tempImageyxsEk7.jpg

Brush: RR Tricolore
Lather: Tabac -- wonderful lather as always, and plenty of it
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (7) -- great that I've got seven shaves on this so far, and they were all good
Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Splash: Stirling Lemon Chill Glacial -- nice mild sting and then the menthol hits; I think this is a decent match for Tabac
Balm: Nivea Cooling

I was thinking I'd only test new blades for seven shaves and then move on regardless, but I'm thinking I might keep going with this one. Still, I'm curious about the Kai Captain Original and it's my last blade to test...

Another very good shave today. One tiny dot of blood on mustache area but no drama other than that. Rating: 9.2/10

Top Bottom